Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your best and worst hosting experiences - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your best and worst hosting experiences

2»

Comments

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited April 3

@Fperkiss said:
    Best vps: still trying many… none have wowed me so far

What issues or concerns have you experienced with VPS providers?

• FperkissFperkiss Member
    edited April 3

@JosephF said:

@Fperkiss said:
    Best vps: still trying many… none have wowed me so far

What issues or concerns have you experienced with VPS providers?

Racknerd is okay, no issues, not blown away either, but also not a uk server so that’s probably why! And ionos is a pita if you want to cancel within the year and the customer service of ionos was not that great either

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • @matey0 said:

@DeadlyChemist said:
    Best racknerd
    Worst quadhost and infravecloud (summerhosts)

You can get anonymity with any provider that takes crypto and doesn't do KYC, which there are a ton of.

I dont need that, never owned crypto :/

• matey0matey0 Member

@DeadlyChemist said:

@matey0 said:

@DeadlyChemist said:
    Best racknerd
    Worst quadhost and infravecloud (summerhosts)

You can get anonymity with any provider that takes crypto and doesn't do KYC, which there are a ton of.

I dont need that, never owned crypto :/

Sorry, somehow I misquoted. I meant to quote @sandoz

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@10thHouse said:

@eris said:
    Best: Hetzner is fine, serverius.net, i3d all good experiences with

Worst: Boomer.host
    Veriso after their price increases +21 euro for a domain :'(

Yeesh, I just checked Boomer.host's ordering page and wow is it unprofessional. At the time I'm checking, the logo doesn't even show up and it just says "Header Logo" with a link to the homepage.

For anyone wondering: https://my.boomer.host/order.php?step=1&productGroup=4

It seems redundant to say, but the professionalism of UI is generally a strong indicator of service quality.

@ezeth

• 10thHouse10thHouse Member
    edited April 3

@sandoz said:

@10thHouse said: Also the prices are just unreasonable for the level of quality and uptime you get

You pay the price not only for the "uptime" but for the anonymity that they do.
    Also Njal.la team is not very friendly when they see some kind abuse that they don't like. Even if is legal.

I never had issues with Njal.la, support was nice (never was rude).

Other anonymous services aren't as pricey as Njalla. IncogNET and FlokiNet are two examples with VPS plans starting at less than 5 euros per month, and that includes DirectAdmin and cPanel licenses, respectively. 15 euros/month for 15 GB disk and no control panel is simply ridiculous.

https://njal.la/servers/

And to your second point, l have hosted the same sites with different providers to test them out, and none of the content that Njalla objected to was ever found to be in violation of the other providers' services. My sites were lawful and politically oriented. Some people say they have a left-leaning bias, but I think their whims are less consistent than even that, since my sites held left, right, and centrist content. And that aside, even if they did not like my content, they should have remained professional and transparent when cancelling my services.

Maybe you haven't had issues with Njalla, and for that I'm glad, but that definitely won't be everyone's experience.

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • mmo25821mmo25821 Member

good : racknerd

bad hostbrrr

• JosephFJosephF Member

@mmo25821 said:

bad hostbrrr

What issues did you have with hostbrrr?

• tenperatenpera Member

the best? hands down @crunchbits.

Thanked by 2crunchbits HAMSW
  • mmo25821mmo25821 Member

@JosephF said:

@mmo25821 said:

bad hostbrrr

their ip’s is shit and slow connection

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@mmo25821 said:

@JosephF said:

@mmo25821 said:

bad hostbrrr

Slow connection must be a peering issue. I would love to know what made the IPs shit.

• aaxaaaaxaa Member

ht-hosting = The worst service that happened to me - you will pay and will not use the server

The rest was good for me

Hetzner
    racknerd
    greencloudvps
    naranja
    webhorizon
    bero-host

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • aaxaaaaxaa Member

And we will not all forget

The worst seller and scammer of Black Friday 2023

repuc (https://repuc.com)

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

Best: IP-Projects (Haven't tested the vps, but based on my experience with dedicated servers, webspace and colocation, they can't be that bad either) & SkyLink Data-Center (Colocation)

Worst: I don't know who was the worst and I don't want to include a list of providers (most of whom no longer exist) who were not so good.

Thanked by 2mrTom HAMSW
  • HAMSWHAMSW Member

@labze said:

@mmo25821 said:

@JosephF said:

@mmo25821 said:

bad hostbrrr

Slow connection must be a peering issue. I would love to know what made the IPs shit.

TBH Hostbrr has a very solid cPanel hosting (Great performance for the price), only had an issue with mails and it's probably from mail.baby's end which you can manually resolve by some tinkering in the DNS zones, Haven't tried VPS yet but plan to (although he's receiving good feedback here on those too)

• ezethezeth Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

@10thHouse said:

@eris said:
    Best: Hetzner is fine, serverius.net, i3d all good experiences with

Worst: Boomer.host
    Veriso after their price increases +21 euro for a domain :'(

Yeesh, I just checked Boomer.host's ordering page and wow is it unprofessional. At the time I'm checking, the logo doesn't even show up and it just says "Header Logo" with a link to the homepage.

For anyone wondering: https://my.boomer.host/order.php?step=1&productGroup=4

It seems redundant to say, but the professionalism of UI is generally a strong indicator of service quality.

@ezeth

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/720306171780530208/853350723067314196/unknown.png

Discord CDN removed the logo

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 5

What does that have to do with the logo at the top of your WHMCS?

• Based on price/performance...

Best: Hostbrr -- Excellent hardware performance/price for compute heavy workloads, (Ryzen 7950XD and Epyc 9454P vCPUs with loads of DDR5 RAM at crazy prices), and you really notice the performance/responsiveness after working with sh*t clouds.

Worst: AWS [and it's not even close] -- Spent the last week working with their GPU EC2 instances, (g4dn.4xlarge at $1.20/hour), and there's literally nothing good about them. The reliability is a joke, (2 instances bricked on reboot after an hour plus of config), and the performance from 16 vCPUs and 64GB of RAM is insulting. Loading the GPU from disk is like pulling teeth without anaesthetic because the read speeds are dire, and even installing packages and drivers is no faster than most of my $1/month LET Specials.

Thanked by 2labze HAMSW
  • Good:
    Using Hostbrrr's shared hosting in both Germany and US. Very happy with the service and support.
    Speedy page is good, although they have occasional issues with their UK cPanel servers.
    Racknerd is okay, not too good but no complaints either.
    Have used VPSes from Liteserver, Naranjatech and Greencloud, never had any issues.

Not so good:
    Visualweb technologies, awfully slow servers, frequent IP changes, etc.

Thanked by 2labze HAMSW
  • @labze said: Slow connection must be a peering issue. I would love to know what made the IPs shit.

The issue is that you are using Hetzner IP addresses, which are frequently blocked by Google and other sites. At least I had such a problem.

• xvpsxvps Member

The best and worst hosting provider is:

cockbox.org - for hosting.
    cock.li - for email.

Best for privacy.
    Worst for almost anything else.

He claims to offer real privacy with Seychelles company, crypto payment, no customer logging, and transparency (link).