Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what's the scam here? "Shared" cPanel Licenses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So what's the scam here? "Shared" cPanel Licenses

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Came across a site offering "shared" cPanel licenses for $4.50/month.

Also "shared" CloudLinux, Plesk, etc. Many plugins (Immunify, etc.) as well.

So assuming this isn't outright "you never get anything after paying" fraud, how does that work? At $4.50/month they seem too cheap even to be those licenses you buy along with a server but can only use on that provider's network, if those still exist these days.

Comments

• 0xOkami0xOkami Member

@raindog308 said:

So assuming this isn't outright "you never get anything after paying" fraud, how does that work? At $4.50/month they seem too cheap even to be those licenses you buy along with a server but can only use on that provider's network, if those still exist these days.

Hi Raindog,

The cPanel shared licenses basically exist out of overwritten / nulled license files and blocking the original cPanel licensing servers. It's basically paying for a crack, most of the shared licensing providers utilize "GBLicense". It's a system which utilizes proxies in order to activate a lot of services like DA, cPanel, Imunify e.t.c. e.t.c. Since they do not have to pay for anything at all, 100% of your payment is basically profit. Most of the cracks regarding cPanel though are not stable and usually goes down (due to WebPros) adding more checks in their systems.

9/10 systems also put a backdoor in your system leaving you unprotected.

Okami

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@0xOkami said: 9/10 systems also put a backdoor in your system leaving you unprotected.

Is this an assumption? Or do you have proof of this?

• 0xOkami0xOkami Member

@kevinds said:

@0xOkami said: 9/10 systems also put a backdoor in your system leaving you unprotected.

Is this an assumption? Or do you have proof of this?

This is not an "assumption", it's owners claim it. You could've answered that by searching one of the licensing systems I've mentioned earlier. Do your research yourself.

A few of those providers include license4host, cpanelreseller, license4you, licensepanel(io) e.t.c.

Okami

• TerranodeTerranode Member, Patron Provider

I have a friend who worked for a well-known provider in the sector and he told me that this company used this type of license. Years later he left that company and opened his own, but he always received DDoS attacks, once he received 1 petabyte I left it without service for several days, but I switched to using a legal cPanel license and magically I no longer received them.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@0xOkami said:

@raindog308 said:

Hi Raindog,

The cPanel shared licenses basically exist out of overwritten / nulled license files and blocking the original cPanel licensing servers. It's basically paying for a crack, most of the shared licensing providers utilize "GBLicense". It's a system which utilizes proxies in order to activate a lot of services like DA, cPanel, Imunify e.t.c. e.t.c. Since they do not have to pay for anything at all, 100% of your payment is basically profit. Most of the cracks regarding cPanel though are not stable and usually goes down (due to WebPros) adding more checks in their systems.

9/10 systems also put a backdoor in your system leaving you unprotected.

Okami

This.

I have source files from a leak, indeed it's all trial abusing.

But I've heard that reseller center dot ir has recently made a license generator for LSWS and IM360

Thanked by 1PineappleM