Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


DataCenter/Rack Porn - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DataCenter/Rack Porn

12346

Comments

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

    @HiveDCNick said:
    First post here, happy to see others share the same love for this kind of stuff. These are pictures of our second Montreal, Canada location. From build to completion!





    Looks great. What size critical load build out is that?

  • HostAddonHostAddon Member, Patron Provider

    @boot said:

    Now that is protection. Your files are secure forever.

  • @jbiloh said:

    @HiveDCNick said:
    First post here, happy to see others share the same love for this kind of stuff. These are pictures of our second Montreal, Canada location. From build to completion!





    Looks great. What size critical load build out is that?

    ~1MW capacity. Fully diverse A/B power, tier 3 facility. We're configured to handle up to 18kw per rack without any changes to the PDUs. This location is loaded with extra tall 52U cabinets. It's really something beautiful to see :smile:

    Thanked by 1maverick
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 14

    @HiveDCNick said:

    @jbiloh said:

    @HiveDCNick said:
    First post here, happy to see others share the same love for this kind of stuff. These are pictures of our second Montreal, Canada location. From build to completion!





    Looks great. What size critical load build out is that?

    ~1MW capacity. Fully diverse A/B power, tier 3 facility. We're configured to handle up to 18kw per rack without any changes to the PDUs. This location is loaded with extra tall 52U cabinets. It's really something beautiful to see :smile:

    How many cabinets compromise the 1 mw critical load?

  • @jbiloh said:

    @HiveDCNick said:

    @jbiloh said:

    @HiveDCNick said:
    First post here, happy to see others share the same love for this kind of stuff. These are pictures of our second Montreal, Canada location. From build to completion!





    Looks great. What size critical load build out is that?

    ~1MW capacity. Fully diverse A/B power, tier 3 facility. We're configured to handle up to 18kw per rack without any changes to the PDUs. This location is loaded with extra tall 52U cabinets. It's really something beautiful to see :smile:

    How many cabinets compromise the 1 mw critical load?

    A handful over 100 :smile:

  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

    @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    @FlorinMarian show us some photos!

    External cooling equipment and power generator compartment

    Diesel generator of 5KWh with automatic start

    Internal AC unit with remote control

    On-grid photovoltaic system on the left side (6KWh attached out of a maximum of 8 possible) and 5KWh off-grid (0KWh attached out of a maximum of 6 possible) system with 4.8KWh AGM batteries. This summer I intend to add another 8KWh of photovoltaic panels to have a total of 14 KWh that will ensure almost all of our energy consumption almost all year round.

    The front of our 42U rack containing 2 switches and 6 servers

    The back of the rack where you can see the chaos of the wires. Initially I was happy that I could produce short internet cables by myself, thinking that it would be aesthetic and efficient, until I wanted to remove a node to upgrade its RAM and I discovered that the cables of other servers were preventing me from - I carry out my operation.

  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 14

    https://imgur.com/a/xLZtsuh And a video with all servers running :)

    https://i.imgur.com/8ezUgAV.mp4 1.5 petabyte of storage video

  • @FlorinMarian said:

    @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    @FlorinMarian show us some photos!

    External cooling equipment and power generator compartment

    Diesel generator of 5KWh with automatic start

    Internal AC unit with remote control

    On-grid photovoltaic system on the left side (6KWh attached out of a maximum of 8 possible) and 5KWh off-grid (0KWh attached out of a maximum of 6 possible) system with 4.8KWh AGM batteries. This summer I intend to add another 8KWh of photovoltaic panels to have a total of 14 KWh that will ensure almost all of our energy consumption almost all year round.

    The front of our 42U rack containing 2 switches and 6 servers

    The back of the rack where you can see the chaos of the wires. Initially I was happy that I could produce short internet cables by myself, thinking that it would be aesthetic and efficient, until I wanted to remove a node to upgrade its RAM and I discovered that the cables of other servers were preventing me from - I carry out my operation.

    Happy to see u again here.

    How do you mix off grid and on grid ?

    Thanked by 1rafaelscs
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

    @optisoft said:

    @FlorinMarian said:

    @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    @FlorinMarian show us some photos!

    External cooling equipment and power generator compartment

    Diesel generator of 5KWh with automatic start

    Internal AC unit with remote control

    On-grid photovoltaic system on the left side (6KWh attached out of a maximum of 8 possible) and 5KWh off-grid (0KWh attached out of a maximum of 6 possible) system with 4.8KWh AGM batteries. This summer I intend to add another 8KWh of photovoltaic panels to have a total of 14 KWh that will ensure almost all of our energy consumption almost all year round.

    The front of our 42U rack containing 2 switches and 6 servers

    The back of the rack where you can see the chaos of the wires. Initially I was happy that I could produce short internet cables by myself, thinking that it would be aesthetic and efficient, until I wanted to remove a node to upgrade its RAM and I discovered that the cables of other servers were preventing me from - I carry out my operation.

    Happy to see u again here.

    How do you mix off grid and on grid ?

    Hey!
    Glad to see u again:)

    It's a complicated architecture, but I hope I can explain it:
    1. The grid is directly connected to the on-grid inverter and the diesel generator
    2. The off-grid inverter is connected to the grid, to the diesel generator, to the batteries and in the future to its own photovoltaic panels
    3. the rack is connected to the output of the off-grid inverter

    So, if we have sunshine, the energy is consumed directly by the rack and in case of a power cut, the off-grid inverter uses the photovoltaic panels or the batteries for a few seconds until the generator starts. If the generator does not start, we have an autonomy of approximately 3 hours, since the consumption is ~1.25KWh and the batteries hold 4.4KWh.

    Thanked by 20xC7 rafaelscs
  • ZachNuyekZachNuyek Member, Patron Provider

    Here's our little setup. Not the best and very messy in the back :)

    As you can see we do have quite a few old servers in our second rack but that's just to setup a special grab bag for $14.99 to get people on the platform.

    @matey0

    A bulk order of MC12-LE0 motherboards we're about to deploy. After testing and BIOS updates they're pretty decent, minus the PCIE 3.0 x1 M.2 slot. Though the insane price on these was too good to pass on.

  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

    @ZachNuyek said:
    Here's our little setup. Not the best and very messy in the back :)

    Pretty sick photos and builds, though: VirtFusion and TenantOS? Ew, gross software stack.

  • ZachNuyekZachNuyek Member, Patron Provider

    @crunchbits said:

    @ZachNuyek said:
    Here's our little setup. Not the best and very messy in the back :)

    Pretty sick photos and builds, though: VirtFusion and TenantOS? Ew, gross software stack.

    Thanks!

    Haha :)

    We actually use Paymenter for our billing area. I really enjoy it since it's a nice fresh breath of air compared to WHMCS. I tried Blesta too, but it still felt super cluttered/old. It was still way better then WHMCS.

    In the end it's a pretty simple Laravel application and I think that's why I love it so much. I've already made some in house extensions for it.

  • what do you think @c1vhosting about some machines into something like that?

  • hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

    @ZachNuyek said:

    @crunchbits said:

    @ZachNuyek said:
    Here's our little setup. Not the best and very messy in the back :)

    Pretty sick photos and builds, though: VirtFusion and TenantOS? Ew, gross software stack.

    Thanks!

    Haha :)

    We actually use Paymenter for our billing area. I really enjoy it since it's a nice fresh breath of air compared to WHMCS. I tried Blesta too, but it still felt super cluttered/old. It was still way better then WHMCS.

    In the end it's a pretty simple Laravel application and I think that's why I love it so much. I've already made some in house extensions for it.

    How do you like TenantOS? I looked at a few other platforms and they felt like something was missing but the TenantOS documentation looks awesome to me.

  • ZachNuyekZachNuyek Member, Patron Provider

    @hostthebest said:

    @ZachNuyek said:

    @crunchbits said:

    @ZachNuyek said:
    Here's our little setup. Not the best and very messy in the back :)

    Pretty sick photos and builds, though: VirtFusion and TenantOS? Ew, gross software stack.

    Thanks!

    Haha :)

    We actually use Paymenter for our billing area. I really enjoy it since it's a nice fresh breath of air compared to WHMCS. I tried Blesta too, but it still felt super cluttered/old. It was still way better then WHMCS.

    In the end it's a pretty simple Laravel application and I think that's why I love it so much. I've already made some in house extensions for it.

    How do you like TenantOS? I looked at a few other platforms and they felt like something was missing but the TenantOS documentation looks awesome to me.

    I would say it's good but it's the only DCIM panel I've used so I can't really compare.

    The support from TenantOS is alright, 1-2 business day response times but they're pretty helpful and knowledgeable. Documentation is pretty good like you've said. API works great.

    Provisioning mostly works since I needed to create some scripts to fix UEFI boot order after installations. Otherwise it just booted into the OS without checking PXE first if a installation was requested later on.
    ( I don't know if that's just a me issue with how I setup something or not )

    That's pretty much it. It works great for me.

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

    @optisoft said:

    what do you think @c1vhosting about some machines into something like that?

    That would be ideal for some small colocation cages. Bring into each 3x60A service, with 3-6x 7kw cooling capacity AC units, those new inverter R32 units are super cheap. 33kw power budget inc. cooling each, would be sufficient for several racks depending how dense you pack.

    Bonus points if waste heat is used to heat rest of the building, or economizers installed.

    decade ago or so we thought about providing something like that. Unsure if there's market for lowend colo like that. Idea was express easy colocation, just signup from website, get keycodes and move in, with everything there ready including 10G Drop with a small subnet of IPs.

    With a partnership we'd be able to actually accomplish this now, "trivially", all across Finland. But it would be side quest with questionable scalability etc. Makes only sense if it serves our other purposes. Which it might in a few years time.
    Those buildings need heating, so it's theoretically possible to get below 1.00 effective PUE during winters (100% waste heat re-use) and that might make that actually happen as a byproduct.

  • shruubshruub Member
    edited March 19

    @PulsedMedia said:

    @optisoft said:

    what do you think @c1vhosting about some machines into something like that?

    That would be ideal for some small colocation cages. Bring into each 3x60A service, with 3-6x 7kw cooling capacity AC units, those new inverter R32 units are super cheap. 33kw power budget inc. cooling each, would be sufficient for several racks depending how dense you pack.

    Bonus points if waste heat is used to heat rest of the building, or economizers installed.

    decade ago or so we thought about providing something like that. Unsure if there's market for lowend colo like that. Idea was express easy colocation, just signup from website, get keycodes and move in, with everything there ready including 10G Drop with a small subnet of IPs.

    With a partnership we'd be able to actually accomplish this now, "trivially", all across Finland. But it would be side quest with questionable scalability etc. Makes only sense if it serves our other purposes. Which it might in a few years time.
    Those buildings need heating, so it's theoretically possible to get below 1.00 effective PUE during winters (100% waste heat re-use) and that might make that actually happen as a byproduct.

    There was a project similar to this (failed because of internet, high starting cost since it was meant to decentralized blah blah), but it sould be incredibly cool. I'd just guess that customer base in Finland might not be enough though.

    Edit: though, in Finland, fast internet probably would be way less of a problem.

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

    @shruub said:

    @PulsedMedia said:

    @optisoft said:

    what do you think @c1vhosting about some machines into something like that?

    That would be ideal for some small colocation cages. Bring into each 3x60A service, with 3-6x 7kw cooling capacity AC units, those new inverter R32 units are super cheap. 33kw power budget inc. cooling each, would be sufficient for several racks depending how dense you pack.

    Bonus points if waste heat is used to heat rest of the building, or economizers installed.

    decade ago or so we thought about providing something like that. Unsure if there's market for lowend colo like that. Idea was express easy colocation, just signup from website, get keycodes and move in, with everything there ready including 10G Drop with a small subnet of IPs.

    With a partnership we'd be able to actually accomplish this now, "trivially", all across Finland. But it would be side quest with questionable scalability etc. Makes only sense if it serves our other purposes. Which it might in a few years time.
    Those buildings need heating, so it's theoretically possible to get below 1.00 effective PUE during winters (100% waste heat re-use) and that might make that actually happen as a byproduct.

    There was a project similar to this (failed because of internet, high starting cost since it was meant to decentralized blah blah), but it sould be incredibly cool. I'd just guess that customer base in Finland might not be enough though.

    Edit: though, in Finland, fast internet probably would be way less of a problem.

    In Finland; I can bring 100G no probs anywhere, higher than that costs start to increase exponentially.

    But yeah, Finland has too small population and way too high taxes to make anything like this a profitable venture. Everything in Finland boils down to taxes why it's not profitable to do tho ... Well, all of Europe really.

    Thanked by 1shruub
  • Some new tech porn ?

  • jordijordi Member, Patron Provider

    We have new servers hosted in Dallas and we hope to expand our platform in the future. :)

    Thanked by 3maverick remy shruub
  • @jordi said:

    We have new servers hosted in Dallas and we hope to expand our platform in the future. :)

    Nice

    Luck with that and show us more when update

    Thanked by 1jordi
  • RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 23

    Some updated pictures of our Core in Equinix AM5 :)

    (images aren't working, https://postimg.cc/ph20T9hS and https://postimg.cc/v17qb7B9)

  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

    @RoyaleHosting

    I'm upload my for you :)

    Regards

    Thanked by 1emg88
  • RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

    @Calin said:
    @RoyaleHosting

    I'm upload my for you :)

    Regards

    Thankyou! somehow it's not working for me haha

  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 23

    @RoyaleHosting said:

    @Calin said:
    @RoyaleHosting

    I'm upload my for you :)

    Regards

    Thankyou! somehow it's not working for me haha

    I Like The Design/Look of The corero appliances. How many capacity do you have?

  • RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

    @HostSlick said:

    @RoyaleHosting said:

    @Calin said:
    @RoyaleHosting

    I'm upload my for you :)

    Regards

    Thankyou! somehow it's not working for me haha

    I Like The Design/Look of The corero appliances. How many capacity do you have?

    Same! We currently have 800G of Corero mitigation in Amsterdam and are adding more capacity soon by anycasting the protection between our other pops where we are also rolling out corero, allowing it to share the mitigation capacity.

    Thanked by 2HostSlick host_c
  • jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

    Lights out at the DC 😐

    IMG-20240306-165057.jpg

  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

    @RoyaleHosting said:
    Same! We currently have 800G of Corero mitigation in Amsterdam and are adding more capacity soon by anycasting the protection between our other pops where we are also rolling out corero, allowing it to share the mitigation capacity.

    I've gotten quotes for Corero. I feel bad for yalls wallet.
    Sure is a fancy setup though!

  • RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @RoyaleHosting said:
    Same! We currently have 800G of Corero mitigation in Amsterdam and are adding more capacity soon by anycasting the protection between our other pops where we are also rolling out corero, allowing it to share the mitigation capacity.

    I've gotten quotes for Corero. I feel bad for yalls wallet.
    Sure is a fancy setup though!

    Yes, it definitely wasn't cheap haha, but works as expected! so worth it from our point of view :)

    Thank you! :)

Sign In or Register to comment.