Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this a debt collector/collection agent? Will I get in trouble? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this a debt collector/collection agent? Will I get in trouble?

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@shruub said:

@HostSlick said:
    Tell him to fuck off and send Picture of your dick

And that, children, is how I met your father.

Thats 88cents. Its clearly automated.

The Administration costs are higher for the debtcollector then even worth it. Even it was 8.88€. Then you stilll have to think if you are going after him to collect your money.

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited February 28

Well, 0.88EUR is a lot. They won't let you out with it. Just as you posted, OVH have been making legal actions now (they have representatives on the LET). Best bet is you can respectfully ask them to split the bill into 4 months with 0.22EUR each month and if thats still too much for you then do the 8 months for 0.110EUR per month. I did the math for you, goodluck to you and hope you settle it. Being debt free is the most nicest thing in the world aside from chickens

• ehabehab Member

@hyena56 said:
    Well, 0.88EUR is a lot. They won't let you out with it. Just as you posted, OVH have been making legal actions now (they have representatives on the LET). Best bet is you can respectfully ask them to split the bill into 4 months with 0.22EUR each month and if thats still too much for you then do the 8 months for 0.110EUR per month. I did the math for you, goodluck to you and hope you settle it. Being debt free is the most nicest thing in the world aside from chickens

Thanked by 2hyena56 host_c
  • @remy said:
    You'll be banned from eating French fries for the next 10 years.

Pay your debts.

but french fries is from belgian origin.

• i would defo lawyer up if i were OP. but i dont ever owe any 88cents so.

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited February 28

@HostSlick said:

@shruub said:

@HostSlick said:

And that, children, is how I met your father.

Thats 88cents. Its clearly automated.

The Administration costs are higher for the debtcollector then even worth it. Even it was 8.88€. Then you stilll have to think if you are going after him to collect your money.

In Denmark:

Late payment fee:
    B2C: 3x 100 DKK + interest.
    B2B: 310 DKK + 3 x 100 DKK + interest.

Collection fee: 100 DKK.

'+ lawsuit/bailiff cost and fees.

€0.88 can in 30 days be €50 -> €95 and you get registered as a bad payer if you don't pay. (registered as bad payer (>€135) = no loans or credit anywhere)

Many of the debt collectors handle the entire reminder/collection process and take the fees and interest as payment or a part of the payment.

Some collection companies offer a no cure no pay agreement.

• VoidVoid Member

Do you really want your bloodline to be known as descendants of a thief who stole €0.88 from Scaleway?

• VoidVoid Member

@HostSlick said:

Plot twist: OP is a minor and debt collection agency get screwed for storing CP

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@Void said:
    Plot twist: OP is a minor and debt collection agency get screwed for storing CP

Then the collection agency retaliates by reporting OP to the authorities for producing CP...

Thanked by 1Void
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Funny 88cents.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 28

@Void said:
    Do you really want your bloodline to be known as descendants of a thief who stole €0.88 from Scaleway?

Dad: I owed the french 0.88€. They send their people like in the good old times when they colonized our country and claimed it theirs.
    But this time Son, we were prepared, we froze 2 week old baguettes in the freezer.
    Son: Fucking legend.

• @Neoon said:

@Void said:

Dad: I owed the french 0.88€. They send their people like in the good old times when they colonized our country and claimed it theirs.
    But this time Son, we were prepared, we froze 2 week old baguettes in the freezer.
    Son: Fucking legend.

This is absolutely inappropriate. I'm very offended.

(No, not really)

• LowEndDebt.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • @HostSlick said:

@sillycat said:

@HostSlick said:

Common Maximilian W

Maximilian K. sir :)
    Or what does W. stand for? Wanker?

W = win

• Morally not acceptable in the current society. Falls into theft and abuse.
    Theoretically nothing will happen as long as you have used a fake identity for registration. Falls under identity theft.

200 years ago maybe acceptable, in certain regions, if you are strong enough (physically)

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Pay it and be done with it.

• Just ignore it. Simply do not respond.

• @rabiex47 said:
    Got an email from an unknown company asking me to settle 0.88 euros of outstanding balance for Scaleway.

Not an EU citizen & dont live in EU, what will happen if I dont pay? and who are they? :D

Why would Scaleway spent time & money to external company for this?

Scaleway itself is a joke, if you don't pay them they'll just try sending debt collectors. Just pay those 88 cents.

• It would be really funny if in 5-6 years we find ourselves here with an update that Scaleway took his house for this €0.88 debt. Please, for us, don't pay and update this thread in 5 years :D

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited February 29

@itzgeo said: Just pay those 88 cents.

Sending that amount via bank transfer can cost a lot more than the amount itself if the person is outside the EU. Wire transfers are not free.

@jenkki said: Sending that amount via bank transfer can cost a lot more than the amount itself if the person is outside the EU. Wire transfers are not free.

So can receiving them..

@kevinds said:

So can receiving them..

I'd look for the most expensive way for them to recieve a payment and use that method..

My own accounts, there is a 4.50 or 7.50 charge for receiving a wire-transfer.. PayPal is 0.30+5%?

Idealy they will show the payment as received but they will have less money in their accounts for having demanded you pay it.

• Just another bad debt.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • PusePuse Member

I am always surprised to see that Scaleway charges me 2 cents per month for a container I have with them. Don't they incur much higher transaction fees when charging my card?

Thanked by 1Nemo_bis
  • emghemgh Member

@totally_not_banned now I’m using my AMEX for everything😁

• @emgh said:

Hmmm, as much as i'd want to pretend that i'm smart and totally get that, i'm seemingly not since i don't :(

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@emgh said:

Hmmm, as much as i'd want to pretend that i'm smart and totally get that, i'm seemingly not since i don't :(

It wasn’t related to this thread any more than many of the other comments lol

Just wanted to share my ever so increasingly interesting relationship with credit

• edited February 29

@emgh said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@emgh said:

It wasn’t related to this thread any more than many of the other comments lol

Just wanted to share my ever so increasingly interesting relationship with credit

Oh, i see. Well, AMEX is actually really pretty interesting. I'm not much into credit cards but from what i learned a couple years back it used to be the last major issuer that didn't subject its customers to 3D secure and similar stuff but rather stuck the to the just enter your number - if shit goes wrong it's on us philosophy. It's kinda hard to get around here though as most banks just do the boring Visa/Mastercard stuff.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@totally_not_banned What excites me is the fly rewards programme, but damn, they’ve already tried to get to me in multiple ways. An example of that: By default they don’t invoice what you owe, but what the minimum payment is.. lol

• edited February 29

@emgh said:
    @totally_not_banned What excites me is the fly rewards programme, but damn, they’ve already tried to get to me in multiple ways. An example of that: By default they don’t invoice what you owe, but what the minimum payment is.. lol

Hehe, sneaky. Still when i think back at the site my bank sent me to for activating 3D secure i don't manage to fault them too much. On one hand they always try to educate their customers about fishing and then they send them to some random domain in France hosting a scripted 90s form with their logo copy/pasted above it and expect them to enter their data... Made me waste at least half an hour + a phone call to find out what's up with that.

Thanked by 1emgh