Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this a debt collector/collection agent? Will I get in trouble? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this a debt collector/collection agent? Will I get in trouble?

13»

Comments

• itzgeoitzgeo Member

@jenkki said:

@itzgeo said: Just pay those 88 cents.

Sending that amount via bank transfer can cost a lot more than the amount itself if the person is outside the EU. Wire transfers are not free.

Ah, okay.

• @emgh said:

An example of that: By default they don’t invoice what you owe, but what the minimum payment is.. lol

Are you talking about them only invoicing for the statement balance? If you only pay the statement balance and not the total balance, you won't accrue any additional interest or fees.

• emghemgh Member

@fluffernutter said:

@emgh said:

An example of that: By default they don’t invoice what you owe, but what the minimum payment is.. lol

Are you talking about them only invoicing for the statement balance? If you only pay the statement balance and not the total balance, you won't accrue any additional interest or fees.

I think it’s different on a regional basis. I have a EuroBonus card, not the standard lineup.

In the Swedish FAQ, it says:

Har du ett kreditkort är e-fakturan automatiskt förinställd på minimumbelopp. Vill du för en månad ändra beloppet gör du detta inne i internetbanken. Vill du ha fakturan förinställd på totalt belopp så kan du kontakta oss via chatten i appen Amex SE.

Which translates to (automated):

If you have a credit card, the e-invoice is automatically preset to the minimum amount. If you want to change the amount for a month, you do this in the internet bank. If you want the invoice preset to the total amount, you can contact us via the chat in the Amex SE app.

Isn’t that = to the minimum payable amount? I haven’t looked it up more closely, as I haven’t yet signed hp for e-invoices (bank delays), so until then I can pay any amount I want to manually, and their support says e-invoicing has to be enabled before they can make the change anyway.

• @emgh said:

@fluffernutter said:

@emgh said:

I think it’s different on a regional basis. I have a EuroBonus card, not the standard lineup.

Har du ett kreditkort är e-fakturan automatiskt förinställd på minimumbelopp. Vill du för en månad ändra beloppet gör du detta inne i internetbanken. Vill du ha fakturan förinställd på totalt belopp så kan du kontakta oss via chatten i appen Amex SE.

If you have a credit card, the e-invoice is automatically preset to the minimum amount. If you want to change the amount for a month, you do this in the internet bank. If you want the invoice preset to the total amount, you can contact us via the chat in the Amex SE app.

Isn’t that = to the minimum payable amount? I haven’t looked it up more closely, as I haven’t yet signed hp for e-invoices (bank delays), so until then I can pay any amount I want to manually, and their support says e-invoicing has to be enabled before they can make the change anyway.

Ah gotcha, I have a US amex and everything is handled by amex directly as opposed to a third party, so stuff might be different on your end. Maybe minimum amount means statement balance, since the statement balance is the minimum you can pay without incurring penalties?

• emghemgh Member

@fluffernutter said:

@emgh said:

@fluffernutter said:

@emgh said:

Ah gotcha, I have a US amex and everything is handled by amex directly as opposed to a third party, so stuff might be different on your end. Maybe minimum amount means statement balance, since the statement balance is the minimum you can pay without incurring penalties?

Ah, gotcha

I believe it's the minimum amount that can be paid, yeah. Interest would occur, according to how they use the same wording ('minimum payment'): https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/credit-cards/credit-intel/minimum-payments/

Everything is handeled by AMEX, still, kind of, we have a few of different systems meant to make paying invoices easier (these methods are local to Sweden), and so they use one where you apply for automatic payments through your bank rather than through AMEX (but it works on every bank)

This is where changing that default becomes relevant, as before then, I can manually pay any amount I'd like (they'll add an invoicing fee until I enable e-faktura however), but when I've enabled e-faktura, they set the sum and I can't change it, hence, that's when it really has to be changed