Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Providers used in Production - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Providers used in Production

Comments

• Almost exclusively using LET providers for production purposes. You cannot go wrong if you purchase from a reputable company that is also active on here.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @rcy026 said:
    The only thing I'm running on LET providers that I would consider production is DNS and backup, because they are both very easy to replicate. I have 6 DNS servers hosted at 4 different providers, all in separate ASN's, and the backups are stored locally and on two different remote locations.

True.

I do have like 30 lowend vps's but they are just used for testing, playing and idling.

Aren't them too many?

• @MrLime said: You cannot go wrong if you purchase from a reputable company that is also active on here.

Running production stuff on @crunchbits.

Thanked by 2skorupion crunchbits
  • didtavdidtav Member
    edited December 2023

YOU WOULD BE CRAZY TO DO SO!
    low end are mean for the low end, they are not for company.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

BuyVM running on primary server
    Clouvider running on backup/mirror server

GreenCloudVPS running on QA Server

@Francisco @Clouvider @NDTN

• @didtav said:

Someone should understand it!

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

@c1vhosting said:

@didtav said:

I would recommend @c1vhosting for testing random disconnect scenarios and how quickly backup server takes over

And strongly not recommended @c1vhosting for backup/mirror server

• @dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@didtav said:

I would recommend @c1vhosting for testing random disconnect scenarios and how quickly backup server takes over

And strongly not recommended @c1vhosting for backup/mirror server

Lmao

• Hope a lot of you have disaster recovery plans given the hosts you’re naming for production usage 😂

• i use greencloudvps for production but just personal use. they are one of the rare peoples who will do their utmost to get the servers back up ASAP CONSISTENTLY if there's a real issue causing downtime.

most lowend providers are good enough for staging.

enterprise applications require enterprise solutions.

• @cybertech said: enterprise applications require enterprise solutions.

>

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

@cybertech said:

Some providers are not good even for staging
    as they provide “unmatched” network performance

Speed will go from 100 mbps to dial up speed at random times.

It has happened on multiple occasions in last 96 hours.

• @dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

c1v is a new provider. you cant be taking them seriously until a year or two passes uneventfully.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

c1v is a new provider. you cant be taking them seriously until a year or two passes uneventfully.

@c1vhosting vps works great, when it is working. It is reliability part that is not upto the mark, especially the random disconnect and random turtle speed mode

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

@c1vhosting vps works great, when it is working. It is reliability part that is not upto the mark, especially the random disconnect and random turtle speed mode

We're getting better! We want to improve only to have your positive feedback. It will be a good challenge.

Thanked by 1dev_vps
  • @c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

We're getting better! We want to improve only to have your positive feedback. It will be a good challenge.

looking forward to that.

Thanked by 2c1vhosting dev_vps
  • Using greencloud for personal status page.
    It's good for the price. But from now on I will be using BIG companies like Hetzner/Linode.
    P.S: Azure is really shit

• Using Greencloud 1010 for production. Last year, the 9999 plan was solid with 100% uptime, and I'm very happy with it.
    For selfhosted things and bio, I use BFCM plans from AdvinServers @Advin Hostcram @Shakib also works well.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited December 2023

Maybe I’ve had shit luck but it’s surprisingly hard to find low-end providers that are capable of the uptime needed to host a production service

If I’m buying a 99.9% SLA service, I want a yearly few-hour disaster, not a network that flaps just enough or an SSD with latency spikes bad enough to render a service unavailable for 1 minute per 24 hours. Give me a big chunk of downtime that I can react and plan for, not tiny downtimes every single day

No one in their right mind would host on low-end without redundancy, but for monolithic applications that redundancy is useless if it has to be used at impossibly short notice every single day

I’ve had great experience with OVH dedis, good experience with oplink, decent experience with liteserver, clouvider, fasthosts and racknerd (except Strasbourg), and everything else has failed to cut the mustard

Thanked by 1emgh
  • I trust RackNerd with running my illegal scamming operations any day. I feel at home working with Dustin, almost like If we were in the same jail cell before.

• @Mustafa said: Official treesmokah alt account.

Why the Arabic names?

• MustafaMustafa Member
    edited December 2023

@loay said:

@Mustafa said: Official treesmokah alt account.

Why the Arabic names?

Because I'm racist. This account was created on German IP, Mustafa is probably extremely popular name there nowadays.

• @Mustafa said:

What about treesmokah, what does it mean?

• MustafaMustafa Member
    edited December 2023

@loay said:

@Mustafa said:

What about treesmokah, what does it mean?

My love to setting forests on fire. Arson is very cool.

• @cybertech said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

looking forward to that.

It's been a month since I paid for a service but the account registration did not go through after making the payment and ended up with no service and no refund. I doubt we can take them seriously even after 2 years.

• @Ne0x said:

@cybertech said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@cybertech said:

looking forward to that.

It's been a month since I paid for a service but the account registration did not go through after making the payment and ended up with no service and no refund. I doubt we can take them seriously even after 2 years.

write me in DM your service id please. We'll get it sorted out now.

• @Mustafa said:

How do you define truth?

• MustafaMustafa Member
    edited December 2023

@loay said:

@Mustafa said:

How do you define truth?

Something not made up by the Government and (((powerful))).

• thanethane Member
    edited December 2023

I don't think advertising on LET automatically means it's "low end" really. Sure there's a lot of "low end" providers, but there's a lot of providers that have been around +10 years and have really solid equipment and networks too. I'll shill for 1gservers specifically. I found them like 10 years ago when I was looking for dedi providers. I didn't end up going with them back then, but this year I did grab 4 servers and feel fully confident using them in production. I'm sure there's a few more similar businesses in here.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @Mustafa said:

@loay said:

@Mustafa said:

How do you define truth?

Something not made up by the Government and (((powerful))).

This is getting off-topic, and I would be banned if commented, but I meant truth as the epistemic meaning. I would like how your race historically defined truth.