Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Black Friday Shopping Experience with ChicagoVPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A Black Friday Shopping Experience with ChicagoVPS

2»

Comments

• Signs that you should run from provider:
    "I have assigned your ticket to billing team" only to get the answer from the same person 1-3 days later.

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

For 10 years I've had a ChicagoVPS, until a month ago. Their customer support is the worst of the worst. I bought a 1 GB RAM VPS in NY yet somehow I was provisioned a 4 GB in Los Angeles at the same price.

The server was stable, nothing to complain about the hardware itself. It lived thru its 10 years of life with an average of >100 days of uptime.

• The second option on Paypal dispution is "I received an item or service that was different or not as described". It's prefectly fit the situation here. Rather than directly dispute he even gived ChicagoVPS coupe of days to handle the refund.
    I don't see any excuse that ChicagoVPS could not or delay the refund.

In this case ChicagoVPS is the one should be blamed.

And I don't get the meanning of some posts asking where did Wills come from, providers should server everyone in the same way regardless which country they live.

ChicagoVPS should say sorry to Wills. The way they handling this is impulsive and childish.

• @davide said:
    For 10 years I've had a ChicagoVPS, until a month ago. Their customer support is the worst of the worst. I bought a 1 GB RAM VPS in NY yet somehow I was provisioned a 4 GB in Los Angeles at the same price.

The server was stable, nothing to complain about the hardware itself. It lived thru its 10 years of life with an average of >100 days of uptime.

Yes, its servers have no issues; it's just that the service is too poor.

• @shiikooo said:
    The second option on Paypal dispution is "I received an item or service that was different or not as described". It's prefectly fit the situation here. Rather than directly dispute he even gived ChicagoVPS coupe of days to handle the refund.
    I don't see any excuse that ChicagoVPS could not or delay the refund.

In this case ChicagoVPS is the one should be blamed.

And I don't get the meanning of some posts asking where did Wills come from, providers should server everyone in the same way regardless which country they live.

ChicagoVPS should say sorry to Wills. The way they handling this is impulsive and childish.

Thank you for your recognition.

I haven't seen anyone ask where I'm from, but if someone does, I'll tell them: I'm from China.

• @JabJab said:
    Signs that you should run from provider:
    "I have assigned your ticket to billing team" only to get the answer from the same person 1-3 days later.

Such service efficiency is hard not to make people think of more.

• @davide said:

I have used their VPS before, and the speed and quality of service were decent. However, I don't know why, but the recent instances of their service have declined in quality. Especially, the experience I encountered during this Black Friday was extremely disappointing. What's more, the VPS I purchased this time had higher configurations and prices, yet the service was worse. I cannot comprehend this.

• digg

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited December 2023

Is this company related to Hudson Valley host? They have run very very very similar deals in the past at the same time, and I have noticed the quality of both companies to be poor for the last decade or so. I am not renewing any of my services.

They were much better and went downhill starting about 2014ish.

• @huntercop said: Is this company related to Hudson Valley host?

1 page before.

@diwakerd said:

@JasonM said:
    is chicagovps sub-brand of colocrossing?

yes chicagovps , hudsonvalley host belongs to colocrossing and colocrossing belong to hostpapa

• tamicrealotamicrealo Member
    edited December 2023

I am standing by your side in this case, if your statements above were true.

Thanked by 1wills
  • U are not a qualified MJJ

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2023

You said in the ticket that you expected the VPS to be automatically started, but that's not a best practice as the VPS won't be secure out-of-the-box (so you really only want to manually start it once you're ready to configure it)

Mentioning the US constitution in a refund ticket is a bit much, though.

@fluffernutter said:

@JasonM said:

Yes. I also think it's sort of funny that someone would go to a company named CHICAGOvps to get a VM in Los Angeles.

A lot of their servers are in Buffalo and Los Angeles... I don't know how many they even have in Chicago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • Absolutely no refunds is a tyrannical policy. The no-refund provision should be based on the premise of instant delivery, where payment and delivery occur simultaneously.

Thanked by 1wills
  • perhaps you're right

• @Daniel15 said:
    You said in the ticket that you expected the VPS to be automatically started, but that's not a best practice as the VPS won't be secure out-of-the-box (so you really only want to manually start it once you're ready to configure it)

It's a translation thing, they basically mean "ready to go in the panel" aka properly delivered

Thanked by 1wills
  • Why ChicagoVPS not in chicago?

• @tamicrealo said:
    I am standing by your side in this case, if your statements above were true.

It's true, thank you for supporting me. Anyway, I have received the refund. I'm posting this to document the process for others to reference.

• @Billyham07 said:
    U are not a qualified MJJ

Zen yang suan yi ge he ge de MJJ?

• willswills Member
    edited December 2023

@Daniel15 said:

@fluffernutter said:

@JasonM said:

Yes. I also think it's sort of funny that someone would go to a company named CHICAGOvps to get a VM in Los Angeles.

A lot of their servers are in Buffalo and Los Angeles... I don't know how many they even have in Chicago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is due to language habits, as mentioned by @fluffernutter. The actual meaning is 'deliver' or 'set up.' I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding. Sorry.

I mentioned the US Constitution to remind businesses that consumers have the legal right to protect their interests.

• @shuier said:
    Absolutely no refunds is a tyrannical policy. The no-refund provision should be based on the premise of instant delivery, where payment and delivery occur simultaneously.

You're absolutely right.

• @hyun said:
    perhaps you're right

Maybe

• @fluffernutter said:

@Daniel15 said:

It's a translation thing, they basically mean "ready to go in the panel" aka properly delivered

Thanks for the explanation.

• @rafaelscs said:
    Why ChicagoVPS not in chicago?

Maybe its owner likes Chicago.

• @wills said:

@Daniel15 said:

@fluffernutter said:

@JasonM said:

This is due to language habits, as mentioned by @fluffernutter. The actual meaning is 'deliver' or 'set up.' I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding. Sorry.

Okay, I understand now! Thanks for clarifying.

• 1vpss1vpss Member
    edited December 2023

[spam link]

Mod edit (angstrom): deleted

• ColoCrossingColoCrossing Member, Patron Provider

@wills said:

We apologize for any short coming of customer service. This for sure is not the customer service you should have received. If you can please PM us your ticket ID we would like to look further into the support issue and also offer you a $30 credit to try us again.

• willswills Member

@ColoCrossing said:

@wills said:

We apologize for any short coming of customer service. This for sure is not the customer service you should have received. If you can please PM us your ticket ID we would like to look further into the support issue and also offer you a $30 credit to try us again.

Thank you for your response. I have sent you a PM.