Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what did you get so far? (BF) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So, what did you get so far? (BF)

Comments

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

taker a look, on your thread KUMA :smiley:

• $3/3yr mxroute

• *mxroute $15/3year
    *racknerd 1.5 GB Ryzen NVMe VPS – $19/year (1vCore Ryzen 7950X)

• COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
    edited November 2023

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Got MXRoute BF2023 Medium plan (25GB) with 6$/trienally, HostBrr 2x vCores AMD 5950x with 8GB RAM and 125GB SSD NVMe (6 euros per month)

Got Intel Xeon with unmetered bandwith from Hostaris with 12.87£/year.

• @jackalblood said: Lifetime windows vps (zap-hosting.com)

If it's lifetime, do you know if it will include upgrades or security updates when the current version of Windows gets really old?

• @Turbo_Pascal said:

@jackalblood said: Lifetime windows vps (zap-hosting.com)

If it's lifetime, do you know if it will include upgrades or security updates when the current version of Windows gets really old?

Honestly I have no idea but I seem to be in control of os update and reinstall so I'd assume nearer the time newer versions will appear.

They also give some ftp storage space for backup.

• Idk, i only solved puzzle from @crunchbits .. 🔥

• @Kebab said:
    *mxroute $15/3year
    *racknerd 1.5 GB Ryzen NVMe VPS – $19/year (1vCore Ryzen 7950X)

nice! I nabbed the same deals

• Decent shared hosting to play with from RackNerd for $12 a year.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2023

I held off from getting new VPSes, but today I gave in and got a chonky VPS from HostHatch - 8 core (3 "dedicated") AMD EPYC, 48GB RAM, 525GB NVMe, $550 / 3 years (which works out to ~$15.28/month). Going to get rid of a few of my ~$70/year VPSes and consolidate on the big one. I used to pay $15/month for a 4GB RAM VPS from BuyVM...

1. Windows VPS from @ProHosting24
    2. Linux VPS from ssdnodes with existing unused credits
    3. Lenovo P12 tablet
    Thanked by 1ProHosting24
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited November 2023

avoro
    clouvider - many vps
    zomro (then refunded, as it is trash)
    spaceship - > 100 .nets
    namcecheap - as usual

grammarly - renewed

• @Don_Keedic said: Mountainduck

There's still a deal on Mountainduck: https://bundlehunt.com/bundle/2023-blackfriday-macos-bundle

I picked up a license for around $8, along with some new sunglasses/shoes, a couple games, a custom t-shirt, and one large VPS :)

• Nothing, I almost gave in to temptation once or twice, I must admit.
    But I already had everything I needed !

Thanked by 1ehab
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I bought 12 rolls of Reel Paper bamboo toilet paper from Target for $11.99 (normally $14.99).
    I like this brand because this paper is not made from dead trees.
    It is soft yet sturdy, and just as absorbent as the dead tree type.

• Mxroute $15 package.

• @bench said:
    256 Gb of sd storage

Do you trust electronics products from Ali? What if it turns out to be only 2.56GB? 😀

Thanked by 1bench
  • @kidrock said:

@bench said:
    256 Gb of sd storage

Do you trust electronics products from Ali? What if it turns out to be only 2.56GB? 😀

This is a real card, i already have a few and they work great, the size and speed match, one in the surveillance camera for 3 years works outside even though it's not even designed for that. You need to know what to buy on Ali, there are a lot of fakes, but there are also cheap quality products, reviews under the product also help with the first purchase

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @bench said:

@kidrock said:

@bench said:
    256 Gb of sd storage

This is a real card, i already have a few and they work great, the size and speed match, one in the surveillance camera for 3 years works outside even though it's not even designed for that. You need to know what to buy on Ali, there are a lot of fakes, but there are also cheap quality products, reviews under the product also help with the first purchase

How do you which is real and which not?

• @josephf said:

@bench said:

@kidrock said:

@bench said:
    256 Gb of sd storage

I go to China to check in person, then come back and order online ;)

just don't buy everything that shines for pennies, this applies to lowendtalk as well

• nullptrnullptr Member
    edited November 2023

Storage VPS from crunchbits and CN2 premium network VPS from DMIT. Both merchants provides incredible offer. Thank them. Also, thank LET.

• Cancelled last BF 3 server, got 2 server, I think providers should put in deal for existing users , may be not same of new offer, but half way, I found same price I was paying last year can get me 2x ram from same provider , if they offered 1.5x of ram to my existing plan I would have not cancelled

• @Don_Keedic said:
    Disappointment, for the most part.

Online retailers seemed to play the "show the price high with a substantial markdown that is equal to or greater than the regular, everyday price" game. Didn't need anything physical. but that was pretty lame to see.

Was hoping for a black friday deal on Mountainduck, MobaXterm, Elementor and Hetrixtools. Elementor seems to be the only one running a special and it's about as weak as it gets.

I guess there's still hope for Cyber monday but it looks like most places had to tighten their belts up a good bit this year. Difficult to have substantial sales when things cost what they do.

I feel you.

This has been my experience so far as well with stuff related to WordPress. I know lots of plugins and theme (and bundle packages) which were XX price all year long. Now, the provider is showing YY price, and with 30%/40%/50% off, and that price is just like XX-$2-$5. They are trying to fool everyone as if they are actually doing any "up to 50% off" promo.
    Lot of Hosting provider (not many on LET) are also doing the same thing. Their are certainly some nice BF deals here on LET.

The only good thing I got was (which I have been keeping an eye on)
    1) Hetrixtools (They are pretty good)
    2) HostHatch (I already have their storage and normal VPS from last year and it has been great). So gave them some more love.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I bought nothing. :)

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2023

@HostSlick said:
    I bought nothing. :)

I hope you got a reasonable price for that ;-)

• @letbox
    (1) vCPU
    2GB RAM
    20GB NVME SSD
    512GB RAID-6 SAS Storage
    5TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    (1) IPv4
    (1) IPv6
    $2.49/month

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

Precisely nothing, and proud of that :)

• @josephf said:

@bench said:

@kidrock said:

@bench said:
    256 Gb of sd storage

I don't know if any other brands do it, but Samsung have a program you can download that checks if A Samsung-branded SD card or USB stick is legitimate or fake. I stick to Samsung for that reason. https://download.semiconductor.samsung.com/resources/user-manual/Samsung_Card-UFD_Authentication_Utility_Manual_English_1.3.pdf

• @Daniel15 said:

@josephf said:

@bench said:

@kidrock said:

@bench said:
    256 Gb of sd storage

I don't know if any other brands do it, but Samsung have a program you can download that checks if A Samsung-branded SD card or USB stick is legitimate or fake. I stick to Samsung for that reason. https://download.semiconductor.samsung.com/resources/user-manual/Samsung_Card-UFD_Authentication_Utility_Manual_English_1.3.pdf

By time you get the product shipped from China to the US, to check its authenticity, you've already invested much money and effort.

• 15 hosteons VPS
    1 layer.az VPS
    2 Hosthatch Storage, maybe more
    InstaWP Professional
    3 WriterZen LTD upgrade
    WPvivid
    Swift Performance AI
    Plain Classes Gutenberg & Font Hero
    Latepoint

Renewed a lot
    Elementor
    Perfmatters