Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what did you get so far? (BF)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So, what did you get so far? (BF)

I am looking for inspiration. Did you find something nice, not necessarily servers? Please share :)

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FAT32 said:
    I don't know man, I don't even know is it day or night

I’m pretty sure you’re in the Twilight Zone.

Thanked by 4FAT32 host_c vikram Advin
  • warmingforgwarmingforg Member
    edited November 2023

@FAT32 said:
    I don't know man, I don't even know is it day or night

It's day, 6:18 AM UTC-8

• jackalbloodjackalblood Member
    edited November 2023

Hetrixtools discount (uptime monitor)
    Yearly 8tb dedi (colo crossing)
    Lifetime windows vps (zap-hosting.com)

EDIT

I'd like to add fadr as an honourable mention (fadr.com)

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

On BlackFriday, I got a lot of clients that I didn't know existed:) (apparently there are many people who enter LET only for BF)

Thanked by 2vikram ralf
  • @jackalblood said:

I generally like lifetime deals but for a vps it's a bit weird. Won't performance suck in a few years' time by the standards we'll have by then?

• Nothings it’s been zzzzz

• Bought a new TV (was eyeing it for a couple of months now, so not BF specific crap), turned it on, and it has a f***ing burn in...

• COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
    edited November 2023

Got MXRoute BF2023 Medium plan (25GB) with 6$/trienally, HostBrr 2x vCores AMD 5950x with 8GB RAM and 125GB SSD NVMe (6 euros per month)

• @vitobotta said:

@jackalblood said:

I generally like lifetime deals but for a vps it's a bit weird. Won't performance suck in a few years' time by the standards we'll have by then?

I mean yes maybe but it's a small windows vps to run maybe two programs when I can't reach my laptop so for the crazy price I was willing to try. It helped that their was a user in the thread who had been with them a few years already and had good things to say along with good uptime metric.

• All day long you could smell the odor of mothballs sometimes mixed with fresh notes of napalm..

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2023

I bought two TP-Link Omada EAP670 ceiling-mount wifi access points since I've been meaning to upgrade for a while and they were $15 off. Also bought some LED lights for my house (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CDGH92QS/) but they're not arriving for ~2 weeks.

No VPSes or anything yet though - GreenCloudVPS had great deals during their 10th anniversary sale, and a lot of the Black Friday sales from other providers aren't as good.

• MXRoute $15/3yr, Oplink (4x 3900X Cores, 8GB RAM, 400GB NVMe) $10/mo.

Holding back this year after overdoing it last year :p

• MXroute at $15/3y and then... a whole lot of nothing. All cheap dedis that looked interesting where on the other side of the world and/or only had a single sad disk so far.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @vitobotta said:
    I am looking for inspiration. Did you find something nice, not necessarily servers? Please share :)

256 Gb of sd storage

• The smallest VPS from @LiteServer for running DirectSlave on it as a third nameserver.

And I’ve bought two Apple Keychains for my AirTags. They were only 15 EUR each on Amazon.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • IvanIvan Member
    edited November 2023

Nothing so far! Specifically looking for good mass storage dedi or vps in Singapore that would rival what Contabo is offering (in terms of their Ryzen 7900 dedi), but to no avail. Contabo is great but their network in SG isn't premium imo.

• Disappointment, for the most part.

Online retailers seemed to play the "show the price high with a substantial markdown that is equal to or greater than the regular, everyday price" game. Didn't need anything physical. but that was pretty lame to see.

Was hoping for a black friday deal on Mountainduck, MobaXterm, Elementor and Hetrixtools. Elementor seems to be the only one running a special and it's about as weak as it gets.

I guess there's still hope for Cyber monday but it looks like most places had to tighten their belts up a good bit this year. Difficult to have substantial sales when things cost what they do.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@vitobotta

You might get something from us, if you give me an answer on a post of yours :smiley: AKA Kuma. :wink:

@bench said:

@vitobotta said:

256 Gb of sd storage

Nice :smiley:

@FAT32 said: I don't know man, I don't even know is it day or night

Well, EU night US day, pick a location, or ask google :wink: :smiley:

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @bench said:

@vitobotta said:

256 Gb of sd storage

Waiting for bench results!

edited November 2023

@JabJab said: Waiting for bench results!

give some yabs man, totally want to see it.

• Nice storage box from Crunchbits with a generous discount code!

• Empty pocket :D

• until now,I got nothing.

• rcy026rcy026 Member
    edited November 2023

I was really trying not to buy anything this year, but then Hostaris dropped some unlimited 10Gb/sec vps's with yearly payment close to free, so I got myself another idler. It seems to be blazingly fast so far, so I might even run some BGP on it.

I also bought a new gaming rig for the kid, just have to hide it until Christmas. If the vps was cheap, this was certainly not. :smile:

• still looking

• @host_c said:
    @vitobotta

You might get something from us, if you give me an answer on a post of yours :smiley: AKA Kuma. :wink:

What do you mean? :D