Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2023 Black Friday Cyber Monday - FLASH SALE + MEGATHREAD - Page 91
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2023 Black Friday Cyber Monday - FLASH SALE + MEGATHREAD

Comments

• @Daniel15 said: NVMe drives are still SSDs!

Most costumers don't think so!
    However still better naming than USB standard (-:

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2023

@JabJab said:

@Daniel15 said: NVMe drives are still SSDs!

Most costumers don't think so!
    However still better naming than USB standard (-:

They should think so! lol
    Enterprise NVMe drives also look kinda like SATA drives, since it's common to use U.2 instead of M.2.

At least no hosts are using M.2 SATA drives.

• @skorupion said: [email protected] wins the next cupon

I will GDPR'd your ass for storing my e-mail address!

• @crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:
    My old town in the US has 10 gigabit home networking provided by the state which ignores DMCA and abuse complaints(since the supreme court said those laws didn't apply to them) - maybe I should open up a mini host in a basement there !

I'm only half joking (it wasn't public-facing or had 'customers' in that sense).

@BruhGamer12 Colocation: We care so much we sleep at the datacenter

Servers are whatever was available at the closest two small town pawnshops. Cooling is provided by how cold the temperature is outside combined with how cold one discount Walmart window cooler can do . Security is provided by the fact that its on a farm in the middle of nowhere .Power uptime as long as the nearby nuclear reactor doesn't explode and internet uptime as long as the government funds the rural internet project.

Now that would be my host B)

$7

Honestly probably work out in the end since the ISP I used to use there used the government IP range which was near infinite number of IPv4s for free lol.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2023

Wow didn't think those 5 coupon uses would have sold out so fast... looks like everyone loves @FAT32 !

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@BruhGamer12 said:

@crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:
    My old town in the US has 10 gigabit home networking provided by the state which ignores DMCA and abuse complaints(since the supreme court said those laws didn't apply to them) - maybe I should open up a mini host in a basement there !

I'm only half joking (it wasn't public-facing or had 'customers' in that sense).

Servers are whatever was available at the closest two small town pawnshops. Cooling is provided by how cold the temperature is outside combined with how cold one discount Walmart window cooler can do . Security is provided by the fact that its on a farm in the middle of nowhere .Power uptime as long as the nearby nuclear reactor doesn't explode and internet uptime as long as the government funds the rural internet project.

Hosting company was called Fusion4Life?

• @JabJab said:

@c1vhosting said: Keep your server updated when we are upgrading our infrastructure.

Thanks. I hope many people buy it so you can upgrade your stuff faster!

We hope to make it work that way. These revenues will be used to renew existing infrastructure more quickly (normally every + or - 2 years).

Time to sleep now. Bye!

Thanked by 2host_c Franzkafka
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@crunchbits said:

@JabJab said:

@skorupion said: If y'all missed the sweet, sweet storage deal from crunchbits,

@crunchbits Europe when!? (-:

Is the UK considered Europe?

No, since the UK left they do one shit after another.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • indiankeshindiankesh Member
    edited November 2023

@crunchbits said:

@indiankesh said:

@skorupion said:
    Let's play a game

The best meme about Crunchbits sent to [email protected] wins the next cupon!

Deadline: 15 mins from now!

GO!

Dank memes ok ?

Extra 20% off whatever coupon @skorupion is giving out if your meme has >3 men in it, the less clothing the better the discount!

edited November 2023

@c1vhosting said:

@JabJab said:

@c1vhosting said: Keep your server updated when we are upgrading our infrastructure.

We hope to make it work that way. These revenues will be used to renew existing infrastructure more quickly (normally every + or - 2 years).

Time to sleep now. Bye!

Bye, see u 2momorrow

• @host_c said: Bye, see u 2omorrow

Good night!

Thanked by 1host_c
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@BruhGamer12 said:

@crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

$7

Honestly probably work out in the end since the ISP I used to use there used the government IP range which was near infinite number of IPv4s for free lol.

Get some good marketing on it, easily could do it. Our very first 'official' purpose-built facility (this goes back almost a decade) was about 100 feet off the substation with direct fed breaker, which was directly fed from the local dam (all govt subsidized back in the 20s/30s). No backups, no redundancy, etc and we never lost power once over that time frame. Oddly, the only time we "lost power" was when our UPS battery backup that protected the fiber equipment circuit blew up and took the fiber stuff with it. Extremely rural area, too.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@c1vhosting said:

@JabJab said:

Time to sleep now. Bye!

Goodnight to you good sir, thank you for the BF deals (of which I partaked)

• @host_c said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

Hosting company was called Fusion4Life?

Hehe perhaps - the town also dealt with nuclear weapons so some names there but there is already a nuclear themed host that posts all the time on LET lol @Atomic_Networks

Thanked by 1host_c

That is actually cool. :+1:

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12
  • also as BF seems to be end can we deep dive into who is the @totally_not_banned because I have a feeling he is on his alt account because he is banned!

edited November 2023

@crunchbits could you link us your BF deals if they are available? I can't remember seeing if I wanted anything but I'd love to become a customer if the prices are tempting

@JabJab said:
    also as BF seems to be end can we deep dive into who is the @totally_not_banned because I have a feeling he is on his alt account because he is banned!

• @crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@crunchbits said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

$7

Get some good marketing on it, easily could do it. Our very first 'official' purpose-built facility (this goes back almost a decade) was about 100 feet off the substation with direct fed breaker, which was directly fed from the local dam (all govt subsidized back in the 20s/30s). No backups, no redundancy, etc and we never lost power once over that time frame. Oddly, the only time we "lost power" was when our UPS battery backup that protected the fiber equipment circuit blew up and took the fiber stuff with it. Extremely rural area, too.

That's extremely cool! There are lots of dams where I live too but I think a lot of them no longer produce power due to poor upkeep/not worth the cost.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@risharde said:
    @crunchbits could you link us your BF deals if they are available? I can't remember seeing if I wanted anything but I'd love to become a customer if the prices are tempting

I got one better for you, my old crypto buddy:

What are you looking for? Maybe we find a way to craft... the risharde

Thanked by 2risharde admax
  • @crunchbits said:

@host_c said:

@BruhGamer12 said: Rent a basement in Romania which somehow just casually just happens to have a 40 gigabit uplink like some of the providers here do lol.

I do not think that Romanians are only ones having a DC in the basement, are they?
    Help me out fellas.... :D

No, I did too. Before Romania made it cool.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

24/11 19:00

BloomHost: $49/m 64GB Ryzen 5600X Dedi in Ashburn

Order: https://bloom.host/bare-metal-dedicated/
    Code: BLOOMFRIDAY5600X

Thanked by 1error12358
    edited November 2023

24/11 19:00

IizyHost: 8.77€/yr 2GB KVM VPS in Finland

VPS: General Small with 80% lifetime discount annually paid - now: 8.77€ year
    Specs: 1vCore Intel XEON, 2GB DDR4, 20GB SSD, 1TB traffic, 1GE Portspeed, IPv6 incl., IPv4 opt.
    limit: 20 uses
    code valid until: December 10th, 2023
    Link: https://iizyhost.com/cart/vps-general?id=5

All server comes with:

• Backup included
    • Remote console
    • HPE Enterprise hardware
    • Ceph based storage with triple redundancy
    • IPv6 Fullstack incl.
    • IPv4 Fullstack optional
    Thanked by 2iizyhost gbzret4d

@crunchbits said:
    Extra 20% off whatever coupon @skorupion is giving out if your meme has >3 men in it, the less clothing the better the discount!

What if their clothes are 100% off? Do we get 100% discount?

Thanked by 1host_c
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@skorupion said:
    Let's play a game

The best meme about Crunchbits sent to [email protected] wins the next cupon!

Deadline: 15 mins from now!

GO!

Extending by additional 15 mins, due to small amount of submissions

• @c1vhosting said:

2GB €11/yr SSD KVM - C1V HOSTING

Silver VPS (1 IPv4 + IPv6)

• Price: €11/year (VAT included)
    • Specs: 2 vCores, 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 5TB @ 500Mbps bandwidth, 1 IPv4, 1 IPv6 address
    • Order link

• Discount code: 3X2JJD0AQB

• Quantity: 15

ordered but failed by Fraud check,can u help me?
    order number:1913006607

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@pan21 said:

@tmntwitw said:
    @layer7 Thanks for the great deals! I ordered one, just wanted to ask roughly how soon will the service be provisioned?

same here, keep waiting

Hi,

as for now all should have been provided.

If yours is not working / nothing was provided, please open a support ticket and we will make it work :-)

Thanked by 1tmntwitw