Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good LEB vps for use as proxy for US?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good LEB vps for use as proxy for US?

Hello.
I'm looking for a cheap vps with low specs but high traffic, to use it as proxy server for browsing and watching us tv / hulu / vevo / sites to Greece. I need good network speed and good speeds to Europe. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

We can do this for $15 per year in Dallas Tx for our SSD plans.

-Alex

• 1TB of bandwidth // 512MB of RAM KVM in LA for 4.50/month

• edited November 2013

@jvnadr

Can offer the following;

2 CPU Core 256 MB RAM 256 MB vSwap 10 GB RAID10 Diskspace 1 TB Bandwidth 1Gbps Port Speed 1 IPv4 Address KVM/SolusVM $15/year

order using;

https://secure.ultimatehostings.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=60

• Fliphost said: We can do this for $15 per year in Dallas Tx for our SSD plans.

Hello Alex! How much bandwidth has that plan? RAM? What is the connectivity to Europe (I don't mind about ping so much as for speed)?
    P.S. I'm already a customer, with big storage for backup.

terafire said: 512MB of RAM KVM in LA for 4.50/month

Is L.A. good for VPN/Proxy to Europe?

• @jvnadr said:
    Is L.A. good for VPN/Proxy to Europe?

Nah, LA is good for Asia.

• concerto49 said: Nah, LA is good for Asia

That's what I thought also...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Dallas would be acceptable. Not the best ping, but good enough speed.
    DALLASZ1
    1 vCPU, 192MB RAM, VSwap 192MB. 8GB SSD disk, 1 IP, 512GB Internet Traffic.
    http://lg-dallas.prometeus.net
    15 Eur/year.

• Many provider having US ip now not working to watch Hulu, please be aware, and ask the provider to try it first.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Many provider having US ip now not working to watch Hulu, please be aware, and ask the provider to try it first.

Just need to set the geo-ip right.

• @concerto49 said:
    Just need to set the geo-ip right.

That's :). But some providers even having location in Denver/Atlanta/New York, still not able to watch Hulu. Hulu is now getting active blocking many provider. Have you tried it? :)

• ErawanArifNugroho said: Have you tried it? :)

A friend of mine in London has such a setup and works for him. And there are some tutorials helping how to set it up right! Anyway, this is more for fun and learning as really just for watching Hulu. Would be used more for get some xbmc addons to work (live US channels etc.). But, if this can work for Hulu, that wouldn't be a bad thing! :p

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • ErawanArifNugroho said: That's :). But some providers even having location in Denver/Atlanta/New York, still not able to watch Hulu. Hulu is now getting active blocking many provider. Have you tried it? :)

It still works for us. Maybe our IP range is new. I'm sure if I ask TW Telecom for IPs they can't block eyeball :p Might give us a reason to buy transit from them.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Thanks, now you're on my list if I needed a vps for watching Hulu :D

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

jvnadr said: Hello Alex! How much bandwidth has that plan? RAM? What is the connectivity to Europe (I don't mind about ping so much as for speed)? P.S. I'm already a customer, with big storage for

backup.

500GB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps with 256MB RAM. Connectivity is good. I can't comment specifically on throughput to locations but Europe is generally good from our Dallas location.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

We have 10 TB bandwidth (100mbps), 512 MB RAM @ $7/mo in Chicago (KVM). Link is in signature. Test download: http://96.127.140.146/100MB.bin

Edit: tried Hulu, seems to work fine.

• Well, I set it up for testing in an idle vps I have, to witch I will setup later a shoutcast server. Works fine for Hulu (free version, of course :-). I also watched/tested vevo (is blocked in my country), CBS shows, espn shows, all worked fine. So, Im open to offers, I'll get a new box chosing one next week!

• rogriveracrogriverac Member
    edited November 2013

If it is to transit to Western Europe. U.S. East Coast providers would have the best overall connectivity.

• Thank you all, I just bought one of the above. let you know in a couple of days my experience.