Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider with good IP reputation? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider with good IP reputation?

2»

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@jeffshead said:
    Fudge!!! Time for a new VPS.

SecureDragon was good for a while but their AS (https://ipinfo.io/AS29802) is now starting to be blocked.

Does anyone know of any cheap and/or reliable VPS providers that use a residential AS or an AS that won't be blocked soon? I do not use any automation, bots or send spam and definitely don't do anything nefarious. I just want a VPS that I can use as a proxy for normal web browsing so I can maintain some level of privacy or at least feel like I am :)

@Calin is your guy then

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for mention @ManishPant ,

@jeffshead try our deals > https://panel.ihostart.com

We usage big ASN with 1.7 millions residential IPv4

Regards

• Thanks for the responses and for the iHostART suggestion but I think I may be better off sticking to a US host for my purposes.

Are there any KVM VPS providers in the US with residential ASN's? Preferably in the Washington DC area for best performance.

• jeffsheadjeffshead Member
    edited June 2023

UPDATE: I decided to give iHostART a try. I was concerned about speed/ping since it's in Europe and I'm in US but so far, its working better than I expected. Thanks Calin!

I'll be a long-time customer so long as the ASN reputation, uptime and speed remain consistently high :-)

Thanked by 1Calin

Can anyone recommend another provider other than iHostART and KhanWebHost?

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

We do a good job of keeping our IPs clean. We offer a 3day money back if your unhappy too. See our specials: https://oplink.net/vps-specials/

Thanks
    Ryan

• ObelousObelous Member

@jeffshead said:

Curious to know why you are looking for alternatives to ihostart, any problems with them? Other than the fact it's hosted in some guy's basement.

• SolidSeoVPSSolidSeoVPS Member, Patron Provider

@jeffshead

All our ips are clean and have great reputations, we are on mission to keep all our ips clean maybe we can help

edited May 4

@Obelous said:
    Curious to know why you are looking for alternatives to ihostart, any problems with them? Other than the fact it's hosted in some guy's basement.

Calin seems to be a nice guy and was responsive to tickets but the service was extremely unreliable for me. I stayed with him for a few months but it never got better. Intermittent connectivity, slow speed and the VM would go offline and it wouldn't boot. Sometimes I couldn't even access the panel. None of these issues were on my end.

I run the same exact setup with numerous providers and it's been rock solid with every other provider except for ihostart and khanwebhost.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@jeffshead said:
    I'm guessing the only way around this is to use a lesser known provider that has directly allocated IP's that are not a subset of ColoCrossing or the like.

Not even that really matters...

My IPs are extremely clean but still get hit by the 'shadow-bans' that some sites do..

I suspect that there is some category or list somewhere they are listed on that I don't know about or can't be cleaned from causing grief.

Right now I'm simply blocked from online shopping on 2-3 websites that I can't get fixed, usually because support is clueless that they even do IP blocking..

Some sites it has taken contacting the Office of the President to get fixed, one site in particular though, simply refuses to unblock our IPs.. The others are still in progress with escalations.

@SolidSeoVPS said:
    All our ips are clean and have great reputations...

Do you have a test IP or can you tell me the ASN?

@oplink said:
    We do a good job of keeping our IPs clean...

I found your test IP and ASN. I may try out one of your AMD Ryzen VPS plans.

The issue is with ASN's and not so much to do with individual IP addresses. I have several IP addresses and all have stellar reputations but it doesn't matter when the entire ASN is blocked. More and more companies are blocking by ASN. Especially ones that are listed as hosting providers.

• @Obelous said:

@jeffshead said:

I'm just using my crystal ball here but i'd say chances are that the reputation wasn't as stellar as expected as abuse resistance and great reputation likely don't mix.

As for the original question: I don't think anyone in their right mind would make much of a serious suggestion here because it would be pretty much a surefire way to have those IPs dirtied in no time.

edited May 4

@jeffshead here you go, 99% of our ips same reputation same as our ASN

https://i.imgur.com/TY2CZTK.jpeg

• edited May 4

@SolidSeoVPS said:
    @jeffshead here you go, 99% of our ips same reputation same as our ASN

https://i.imgur.com/TY2CZTK.jpeg

Actually it's really not bad but if you'd monitor your ASN for blacklist listings you'd still find a couple (most notably an XBL entry, an open proxy(?) that supposedly took part in a DDoS attack and a web spammer - the others are not that easy to classify).

edited May 4

@totally_not_banned said:
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would make much of a serious suggestion here because it would be pretty much a surefire way to have those IPs dirtied in no time.

If that's the case, then I sure would appreciate private messages from providers with "clean" ASN's because it's for personal use, only.

To be clear, I'm the only user of my proxies and the only traffic they get is from normal web browsing and from monitoring my own servers so there's absolutely no chance that my traffic would cause an IP or ASN to be blocked.

It really stinks when you hit a site that denies access to the entire block of IP's that your part of, when you've done nothing wrong. And these captchas...

Half the time you solve them correctly only to get stuck in an infinite loop so you end up spending more time solving captchas then you do on actual work.

• Where has that other comment i was mentioned in gone to?

• ObelousObelous Member

@jeffshead said:
    It really stinks when you hit a site that denies access to the entire block of IP's that your part of, when you've done nothing wrong. And these captchas...

Half the time you solve them correctly only to get stuck in an infinite loop so you end up spending more time solving captchas then you do on actual work.

Yeah, total nightmare...

If that's the case, then I sure would appreciate private messages from providers with "clean" ASN's because it's for personal use, only.

I can only recommend a provider in Sweden if you don't mind that. Operated by a residential ISP, last time I used them I was under the same ASN as their residential customers.

clean on ipqualityscore, ipinfo and ip2location/ip2proxy.

starts at 10 EUR/mo and it's 100Mbps, no IPv6.

@totally_not_banned We regularly monitor our network to ensure it's clean. We're aware of clients who use VPNs for personal reasons, and while these connections might be flagged as open proxies, they don't necessarily indicate spam. We frequently review and update our records to prevent any false positives and delist it if needed