Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New web design [Feedback?]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New web design [Feedback?]

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Hello everyone!

After like 2... maybe 3 years i have finally had some time to refresh our own website, including some new works aswell we have done. I tried not to fill it with useless/marketing/content but rather go straight to the point.

In the 'about us' page, i have also published a short little story on how all this started from Lowendtalk itself.. https://aalayer.com/about-us.php

I am looking for feedback, good and bad may those be! https://aalayer.com

What do you think?

Thanked by 1Ympker

Comments

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited May 2023

The timeline on the about us page. The left and right of each box that shows what event has happened on that date. I feel the space is too big and empty, seems lacking.
    It might look better on a mobile device or show a big blank space, maybe? I am looking at it from a desktop. This is just my opinion...

The rest of the site looks amazing!

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • AndruAndru Member

Great job! Congrats!

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • Nice design.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@Nanja said:
    The timeline on the about us page. The left and right of each box that shows what event has happened on that date. I feel the space is too big and empty, seems lacking.
    It might look better on a mobile device or show a big blank space, maybe? I am looking at it from a desktop. This is just my opinion...

The rest of the site looks amazing!

Your opinion is completely correct and that's what i feel aswell, i was going to work on it more and make it better but due to my time working on some clients.. would make me push the release of my own site even longer. That part is going to be modified for sure.

@hostfactor said:
    Great job! Congrats!

@bvgfao40723 said:
    Nice design.

Thank you both!!

• oyhacooyhaco Member

Nice and clean.
    Its better use carousel on portolio main page. So the main page is more shorter no need to scroll down.

@oyhaco said:
    Nice and clean.
    Its better use carousel on portolio main page. So the main page is more shorter no need to scroll down.

Main page or portfolio page?

Either way, i think showing the work is what the website is mostly all about. I also think it's not that long though.

However, thank you!

• oyhacooyhaco Member
    edited May 2023

@armandorg said:

@oyhaco said:
    Nice and clean.

Main page or portfolio page?

Either way, i think showing the work is what the website is mostly all about. I also think it's not that long though.

However, thank you!

I mean portofolio on the main page

• I'd like a dark design style,compact.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • LeviLevi Member

Icons are blury, get rid of png and switch to svg. To many collors, to dark.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

looks very nice.

I do not think you need the portfolio on every page. Just keep the portfolio page and link at the top.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • emgemg Veteran

Regarding the content of the About page:
    Referring to yourself as "I" while telling the history of the company in the form of a personal story makes your company look small. It reads like those "How I spent my summer" reports that we all wrote in school.

Usually those descriptions are written in a passive voice and a certain grandiose style. On the web, you do not have to say that AALayer Agency is one person. Consider something in this style:

"The founder has always had a strong interest in web design and the hosting industry. They joined LowEndTalk where hosting providers and their customers congregate. As an active member of LowEndTalk, the founder saw an overwhelming need for quality website designs, tailor-made for hosting providers. While honing their web design skills, our founder started AALayer Agency to develop the new, innovative designs for hosting websites that everybody is now clamoring for.
    The business grew quickly ...
    Since then ..."

I dunno. Something like that. Maybe it is too much "old school."

Thanked by 1armandorg
    edited May 2023

@emg said:
    Regarding the content of the About page:
    Referring to yourself as "I" while telling the history of the company in the form of a personal story makes your company look small. It reads like those "How I spent my summer" reports that we all wrote in school.

Usually those descriptions are written in a passive voice and a certain grandiose style. On the web, you do not have to say that AALayer Agency is one person. Consider something in this style:

"The founder has always had a strong interest in web design and the hosting industry. They joined LowEndTalk where hosting providers and their customers congregate. As an active member of LowEndTalk, the founder saw an overwhelming need for quality website designs, tailor-made for hosting providers. While honing their web design skills, our founder started AALayer Agency to develop the new, innovative designs for hosting websites that everybody is now clamoring for.
    The business grew quickly ...
    Since then ..."

I dunno. Something like that. Maybe it is too much "old school."

No comment on that, good suggestion. I will most likely edit the content once i make some changes to that particular page.

Thank you.