Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking to switch from my hetzner setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking to switch from my hetzner setup

current setup
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Hexa-Core "Matisse" (Zen2)
64 GB DDR4 RAM
2 x 512 GB NVMe SSD (Software-RAID 1)
1 Gbit/s bandwidth unmetered

looking for something similar. not on hetzner network as they currently having some google api issues.. specifically being blocked by google

Comments

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

Currently running promo:

AMD Ryzen 5600X
    32GB DDR4
    1TB NVMe SSD

$70 /month
    https://datawagon.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=150
    Promo Code: WT2QWIV1KS

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2023

10/10 username, I would be too scared to sell him anything

• srch07srch07 Member

@DataWagon said:
    Currently running promo:

AMD Ryzen 5600X
    32GB DDR4
    1TB NVMe SSD

$70 /month

Looks like promo ended before starting. :)

• ErisaErisa Member

For similar Ryzens to Hetzner, usually I would point to https://mevspace.com/
    Not used them personally though, so can't comment on quality.

• @Erisa said:

@JabJab said:
    10/10 username, I would be too scared to sell him anything

Thanks for yur input

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @Erisa said:

im not locked on ryzen really

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @DataWagon said:
    Currently running promo:

AMD Ryzen 5600X
    32GB DDR4
    1TB NVMe SSD

$70 /month

says out of stock

• @genocide said:
    current setup
    64 GB DDR4 RAM

looking for something similar. not on hetzner network as they currently having some google api issues.. specifically being blocked by google

Which api are blocked? We are using hetzner and integrating with google api. Can be mroe specific?

• @genocide said:

Buy a VPS to tunnel through and you’ll probably end up spending less than buying a matching dedi elsewhere. Plus you’ll have a VPS to use for other purposes

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Hello! We can offer:
    CPU : Dual E5-2670v3
    RAM : 64GB DDR4
    DRIVE : 2 х 500GB NVMe
    PORT : 1GBPS
    For 100$ / month

• hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

https://scaleblade.com might have some offers on.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@genocide said:
    current setup
    64 GB DDR4 RAM

would you Look at Switching over to a Xeon E5 or I7 Server? or are you only interested in Ryzen Servers?

• @Erisa said:

I've been using their Ryzen 5 3600 machine for last couple of months (now this is their "Outlet Line") - Seems that they updated their pricing/servers offers recently.

The disks I got are Samsungs 980, network is pretty stable and there an 24/7 free KVM option.So far the best deal if you want cheap-o machines back2back to the Hetzner prices. I think I didn't see any better offer from anyone for similar hardware specs.

Thanked by 2Erisa TrendyJack
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@darkimmortal said:

@genocide said:

Buy a VPS to tunnel through and you’ll probably end up spending less than buying a matching dedi elsewhere. Plus you’ll have a VPS to use for other purposes

Absolutely. API calls are not BW hogs (if they are, then we know why you have been blocked...) so any kind of VPS should work.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@genocide said:
    current setup
    64 GB DDR4 RAM

Which api are blocked? We are using hetzner and integrating with google api. Can be mroe specific?

@Maounique said:

@darkimmortal said:

@genocide said:

Absolutely. API calls are not BW hogs (if they are, then we know why you have been blocked...) so any kind of VPS should work.

its not from me doing anything i'm betting its others in my ip range

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

@genocide said:
    current setup
    64 GB DDR4 RAM

would you Look at Switching over to a Xeon E5 or I7 Server? or are you only interested in Ryzen Servers?

im not locked in to AMD at all

• @genocide said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@genocide said:
    current setup
    64 GB DDR4 RAM

@Maounique said:

@darkimmortal said:

@genocide said:

If you are using domain, how does ip matter at all? We are using hetzner servers for google auth, google business profile apis, etc. No issue so far. But we use their cloud servers.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@genocide said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@genocide said:
    current setup
    64 GB DDR4 RAM

@Maounique said:

@darkimmortal said:

@genocide said:

If you are using domain, how does ip matter at all? We are using hetzner servers for google auth, google business profile apis, etc. No issue so far. But we use their cloud servers.

im not using a domain, and as you just said youre using the cloud servers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=googleblocking+hetzner&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS959US959&oq=googleblocking+hetzner&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l3.8947j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

clearly its not just me

• Can i buy hetzner from u :(

• @genocide I was having same issue, my project does lot of DNS query's and using Hetzner was failing many queries, I tried to use Cloudflare and Google DNS too in System in DNS also in my app but it did not help me much, Look like query from Hetzner to Google and Cloudflare DNS are too much rate limited too, it was strange to see but don't know why is that happening, my app do almost 18k DNS query every hour.

Then i spined aws light sale cheap one and setup DNS server in it, And used that my AWS instance IP as DNS resolver in my Hetzner server and booommmm, Everything back to normal. Query went normal and all fixed.

Why don't you try this, instead of changing the server?