Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS free2-3 days test
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS free2-3 days test

STTSTT Member

Hello everyone!

Looking for 2-3 days test VPS server / cloud instance.
Just for testing purpose for Avalanche subnet.

Please just don't ask me for credit card, etc.

Or just give me advise where to try but pls. without credit cards again...

Thanks!

Comments

• @STT said:

Your local PC with VM ?

Thanked by 1STT
  • STTSTT Member
    edited May 2023

@kenjing789 said:

@STT said:

Your local PC with VM ?

Yes, I only use my local pc and VM.
    btw: If you think why I don't use a local VM on my PC it's because I need a public IP connection not a local for doing a few tests with Metamask.

• PagePage Member

If you are willing to pay, there are plenty of people willing to serve you. But it's just a useless request to add to the annoyance, no one will offer a "free test".

Thanked by 1STT
  • STTSTT Member
    edited May 2023

@Page said:
    If you are willing to pay, there are plenty of people willing to serve you. But it's just a useless request to add to the annoyance, no one will offer a "free test".

Some professionals or companies occasionally provide these options to give potential clients a taste of their services. Anyway, my request here is posted with courtesy and respect for their work so is very possible will use some of the service in the future from those who help.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@STT said:
    Some professionals or companies occasionally provide these options to give potential clients a taste of their services.

Of course. But you said you only need it 2-3 days to test something. So you are not a potential client. And you refuse to provide any kind of security (credit card) to avoid abuse.

If you ran a hosting business, would you give your services for free to some anonymous guy and risk abuse without any security at all?

Thanked by 1STT
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited May 2023

@Page said: If you are willing to pay, there are plenty of people willing to serve you. But it's just a useless request to add to the annoyance, no one will offer a "free test".

Big cloud companies, like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud and Oracle offer free trial.

Thanked by 1STT
  • hyena56hyena56 Member

If u want free trial/test go with Cloud Providers instead. IMHO

Thanked by 1STT
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited May 2023

So you want to test Avalanche Subnet not to test a VPS...

It probably won't be something easy to get as a new member, without a CC, without real interest in keeping/buying the VPS, just for the purpose of anomymous testing of blockchain related stuff.

Thanked by 1STT
  • STTSTT Member

@dfroe said: refuse to provide any kind of security (credit card) to avoid abuse

I have concerns about providing my credit card information due to past experiences with unwanted charges. But no problem, if there won't be any offer I think I will create an virtual credit card and then use it for services like aws, azure, ibm, vultr, digitalocean...

Then at least if someone can recommend a good service where I can create a virtual credit card as soon as possible without it being expensive. Thanks in advance. :blush:

• VoidVoid Member
    edited May 2023

Many lowend providers offer refund within 24 hours to 30 days. That will be a refund, so you need to pay first. Or try the above suggestion and signup for any big cloud service provider in which you don’t have to pay but having a valid payment info is sufficient and no need to worry about surprise credit card charges.

Thanked by 1STT
  • NanjaNanja Member

Then at least if someone can recommend a good service where I can create a virtual credit card as soon as possible without it being expensive. Thanks in advance. :blush:

I use privacy.com, can put $1 on the virtual card. It is limited, since I think it might be US only?

Thanked by 1STT
  • STTSTT Member

I remember the earlier days, when all this was simple & possible, but I understand that there were a lot of lousy people who misused it and made it impossible for future needs. It doesn't matter. Thank you very much everyone for the answers somehow I will manage it.

• STTSTT Member
    edited May 2023

@Nanja said: privacy.com, can put $1 on the virtual card

Thanks <3

"...must be a US resident..." :'(

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Revolut can do the same too, for free, no need to be US resident.

Thanked by 1STT
  • STTSTT Member

@Neoon said: Revolut can do the same too, for free, no need to be US resident.

Thank you for the info!

• @STT said:

@kenjing789 said:

@STT said:

Your local PC with VM ?

Yes, I only use my local pc and VM.
    btw: If you think why I don't use a local VM on my PC it's because I need a public IP connection not a local for doing a few tests with Metamask.

you can do metamask tests from localhost

Thanked by 1STT
  • STTSTT Member

@Otus9051 said: you can do metamask tests from localhost

I know, but I need a public connection while testing with Metamask.

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

I'm willing to help since its only 3 days, Shoot me a PM or send me an email stating your requirements for the VPS. :)

Thanked by 1STT
  • STTSTT Member
    edited May 2023

@typicalGtaTG said:
    I'm willing to help since its only 3 days, Shoot me a PM or send me an email stating your requirements for the VPS. :)

Thank you! <3
    I have send you a private message.