Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How strict is GCore?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How strict is GCore?

Hello, I saw the new GCore plans, and they seem good to run a VPN on for a few users, the locations work out almost perfectly for me at a good price. Because its a VPN, there is the occasional notice sent out for downloading a certain type of file. I've even used stricter hosts, and its usually not too much of a problem, but I have had to cancel a few eventually after a few months because of some notices. With non stricter hosts it has never been a problem. GCore seems to either be based in Russia, or Luxembourg, either of which are countries that probably wouldn't enforce. Has anyone had an experience with GCore?

Comments

• Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member

Rented a VPS (VDS) slice for quite a long timd from GCoreLabs before the Russia was kicked out of SWIFT. Hosted EPs on it, where there would occasionally be someone downloading protected files, and never had any problem.
    Had to stop renting though, because we were using Russian rubles to pay to reduce costs, and you know rest of the story. We could continue renting if we payed in euros, however the datacentres we were looking for (Luxembourg) never had any stock since then. And relatively recently when we wanted a cost-effective French server instead, GCoreLabs stopped offering Parisian VDS altogether.
    TL;DR, you should be able to use their service without much worries.

Thanked by 1jamespeach
  • @Ed_Chd said:
    Rented a VPS (VDS) slice for quite a long timd from GCoreLabs before the Russia was kicked out of SWIFT. Hosted EPs on it, where there would occasionally be someone downloading protected files, and never had any problem.
    Had to stop renting though, because we were using Russian rubles to pay to reduce costs, and you know rest of the story. We could continue renting if we payed in euros, however the datacentres we were looking for (Luxembourg) never had any stock since then. And relatively recently when we wanted a cost-effective French server instead, GCoreLabs stopped offering Parisian VDS altogether.
    TL;DR, you should be able to use their service without much worries.

Alright thank you for your comments. Sounds like this will probably work out just fine for me. Ill probably give them a try within the next week or so then.