Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From $14.95/yr - OpenVZ 7 - 2 IPv4 - SolusVM - LAX/NYJ/JAX - RAID 10 SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

From $14.95/yr - OpenVZ 7 - 2 IPv4 - SolusVM - LAX/NYJ/JAX - RAID 10 SSD

EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

Ethernet Servers has been in business since September 2013.

Our VPS plans are OpenVZ 7 powered and available in New Jersey (172.81.42.54), Los Angeles (140.99.154.106) and Jacksonville (140.99.234.178) and live in the Evocative data center (NJ, LA) and Flexential (FL) facilities.

Accepted payment methods include: PayPal, Alipay, Skrill, Perfect Money, American Express, Discover & Diners, Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), Mastercard, Visa, Qiwi, and many cryptocurrencies / crypto coins: BTC (Bitcoin), AAVE (Aave), ADA (Cardano), BCH (Bitcoin Cash), BNB (BNB Mainnet), BNBBSC (Binance Coin BSC), BSV (Bitcoin SV), DOGE (Dogecoin), DOT (Polkadot), ETH (Ethereum), LINK (Chainlink), LTC (Litecoin), MATIC (Polygon ERC-20), NANO (Nano), OMG (OMG Network), QTUM (Qtum), SHIB (SHIBA INU), SOL (SOL), TRX (Tron), TUSD (TrueUSD), USDC (USD Coin), USDT20 (Tether ERC-20), USDTTRC20 (Tether TRC-20), XLM (Stellar)

$14.95/yr - ORDER NOW

• 40 GB SSD Storage Space (RAID-10 + BBU)
  • 1 GB Dedicated RAM
  • Unmetered Inbound Bandwidth
  • 1,000 GB Outbound Bandwidth (per month)
  • 1Gbps Uplink
  • 2 Dedicated IPv4 Addresses (Reverse DNS / PTR Available)
  • 1 CPU Core
  • 20 Gbps DDoS Protection
  • TUN/TAP, PPP, Docker, FUSE, GRE & IPSec Available

$19.95/yr - ORDER NOW

• 80 GB SSD Storage Space (RAID-10 + BBU)
  • 2 GB Dedicated RAM
  • 2,000 GB Outbound Bandwidth (per month)
  • 1Gbps Uplink
  • 1 CPU Core

$24.95/yr - ORDER NOW

• 100 GB SSD Storage Space (RAID-10 + BBU)
  • 3 GB Dedicated RAM
  • 3,000 GB Outbound Bandwidth (per month)
  • 1Gbps Uplink
  • 1 CPU Core

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you

Thanked by 3amaalex loay brogalan

Comments

• amaalexamaalex Member

Awesome services and lovely support @EthernetServers
    Wish you continued success!

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@amaalex said:
    Awesome services and lovely support @EthernetServers
    Wish you continued success!

Thank you for the kind words!! :)

Thanked by 1amaalex
  • davidedavide Member
    edited May 2023

No idea why nobody cares about Ethernetservers. Maybe the stigma for OpenVZ instead of KVM. I still have an OpenVZ instance with ChicagoVPS, works well and is cheap.

@davide said:
    No idea why nobody cares about Ethernetservers. Maybe the stigma for OpenVZ instead of KVM. I still have an OpenVZ instance with ChicagoVPS, works well and is cheap.

I think a lot of the distaste for OpenVZ is due to experiences people had with it during the "old days" of the 2.6.18 (CentOS 5) and 2.6.32 (CentOS 6) kernels.

OpenVZ 7 is a different beast, and whilst it's not perfect, I don't really have anything bad to say about the latest version (7.0.19 / 3.10.0-1160.80.1.vz7.191.4) with the exception of a new IPv6 bug that came with it, which is annoying, but not the end of the world, given that, rightly or wrongly, IPv6 adaption is pretty poor and most people are happy with an IPv4 address.

I'm pretty sure a vast chunk of those who talk negatively of OpenVZ 7 haven't experienced the latest version which I'd say for the vast majority of people who just want to run a website control panel like DirectAdmin or cPanel, or a VPN server like OpenVPN or WireGuard, etc, they'll experience no issues.

The issues tend to stack up only when you get to a more advanced stage of needing to compile custom kernel modules, requiring your own unique MAC address, and so on - but at the end of the day, our service is aimed at catering to the majority - who do not need those capabilities.

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 2023

What attracts people to GreenCloud is the presence of permanent low-price offers instead of exceptional discount codes. Maybe something to consider.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited May 2023

@davide said:
    What attracts people to GreenCloud is the presence of permanent low-price offers instead of exceptional discount codes. Maybe something to consider.

The plans advertised here in this thread don't have discount codes, they are "permanent low-price offers" :)

Thanked by 1Kebab
    edited May 2023

Just to note... we were previously using Intel Xeon E5-2620v2's but were increasingly feeling they weren't up to the job in this day and age. They are no longer on the high end CPU list either.

As such, we now use the Intel Xeon E5-2697v2. The same generation CPU, but with twice the amount of CPUs, a larger cache, and higher per-core performance.

The above applies to Los Angeles and New Jersey. Jacksonville is using the 2670v2, though future nodes will also be the 2697v2.

Additionally, this is for new orders only. All servers will be upgraded in due course.

Thanked by 3bruh21 loay Gerrit
  • xenstarxenstar Member

Additionally, this is for new orders only. All servers will be upgraded in due course.

are Saxophone nodes upgraded to this new hardware?

edited May 2023

@xenstar said:

are Saxophone nodes upgraded to this new hardware?

Not yet.

Right now only Indie and Rock are using the 2697v2's.

Quick note - we have removed Ubuntu 18.04 from our list of operating systems that can be selected when ordering and reinstalling. It's end of life on May 31st. We still had some customers selecting it up to the point of removal, so I felt this was important to note.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Gerrit
  • GerritGerrit Member
    edited May 2023

@davide said:

No idea why people think "nobody cares" about Ethernetservers. There aren't much replies in the threats but that doesn't mean nobody cares if that were the case ES would've stopped sending new promos to LEB/LET.

I know quite a lot of people that just don't care if KVM, OVZ, LXC/LXD is used as long as they are able to use it for the purposes they have in mind.

What attracts people to GreenCloud is the presence of permanent low-price offers
    instead of exceptional discount codes. Maybe something to consider.

The prices shown in ES threats are recurring prices, so their not for a single year. On top of that no discount coupons/codes are required.

I also looked at GreenCloud and ChicagoVPS offers, but as far as I saw they don't offer a 2nd IP address (unless you would like to pay the additional cost) and they even didn't place any offers in LEB/LET (for quite a while) as far as I have seen so that makes it even harder to compare them.

Anyway... I'm very satisfied with the delivery time, order process as well the support with Ethernetservers. Love it that they don't ask additional fees for a second IP Address and it's great the recurring prices remain the same. Also have experience with Customer Support and when I had questions or needed some help (or even suggestions) they replied within a acceptable time.

Thanked by 1loay
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@davide said: No idea why nobody cares about Ethernetservers.

And then there are people like me who took the advantage of 3-years prepayment in the past and as things just work there's no reason to post much around apart from saying every now and then that we're happy with the service this host provide.

Thanked by 2loay Gerrit
  • Looking to run kubernetes -- have any customers reported success with that?. Also, does traffic between nodes in the same location count against the traffic limit?

• Hi
    I have a package that was purchased years ago and its port 22 is blocked, is it possible to lift this restriction?

@BetaRacks said:
    Hi
    I have a package that was purchased years ago and its port 22 is blocked, is it possible to lift this restriction?

Please open a ticket and we can help.

Thanked by 1BetaRacks
  • No response to either of my queries. I'll assume the worst in both cases then.

@storycrafter said:
    No response to either of my queries. I'll assume the worst in both cases then.

That doesn't sound right...

Did you receive a ticket number via email? Can you advise of the ticket number if so?

• aegaeg Member

@EthernetServers said:

@storycrafter said:
    No response to either of my queries. I'll assume the worst in both cases then.

That doesn't sound right...

Did you receive a ticket number via email? Can you advise of the ticket number if so?

I think you're confusing @storycrafter's pre-sales inquiry with @BetaRacks's request to unblock port 22 on existing service. @storycrafter never said anything about a ticket. His two queries were:

@storycrafter said:
    Looking to run kubernetes -- have any customers reported success with that?. Also, does traffic between nodes in the same location count against the traffic limit?

Apologies @storycrafter - I'm not sure if people have run kubernetes on our platform successfully or not to be honest. In cases like this, our advise is typically always the same - we offer a very generous 60 day money back guarantee, so give us a try and if it doesn't work out, we'll be happy to refund you.

Traffic between nodes in the same location does indeed count against traffic limits.

• aimuzaimuz Member

Does he have the url for test speed