Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Alternative from Poste.io ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Alternative from Poste.io ?

lion01lion01 Member
edited February 2023 in General

I m using Poste.io free version, and it is good and light.

Unfortunately the free is not have (only the Pro);

• DNS domain diagnostics
  • Mailserver diagnostics
  • DMARC reports viewer
  • Delivery logs viewer
  • User logs viewer

I think all these diagnostics tools are essential for every good mail server setup, a must have even for free versions.

here you can see what I mean:
https://demo.poste.io/admin/login#[email protected];admin
go Server Status, etc

is any light, free alternative with that features?

Comments

• When I was self hosting email I used to use Mailcow and I loved it. Cant't remember details on the features though. Have you checked it out?

Thanked by 1lion01
  • Mailcow and iredmail i can't think of anything else.

Thanked by 1lion01
  • Mailcow I see that is good but heavy and have. (i don't say that is bad, don't take me wrong, just looking also something light)
    DNS domain diagnostics
    I don't know if only give you only the DNS keys or verify they are correct.
    Poste.io do those diagnostics verifications also

I don't have work with iredmail yet (so at the moment i don't have anything to share)

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2023

@lion01 said:

• DNS domain diagnostics
    • Mailserver diagnostics
    • DMARC reports viewer
    • Delivery logs viewer
    • User logs viewer

I think all these diagnostics tools are essential for every good mail server setup, a must have even for free versions.

It's great that you think this, but clearly, poste.io think otherwise. How should we decide who's right?

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1lion01
  • @angstrom said:

@lion01 said:

• DNS domain diagnostics
    • Mailserver diagnostics
    • DMARC reports viewer
    • Delivery logs viewer
    • User logs viewer

It's great that you think this, but clearly, poste.io think otherwise. How should we decide who's right?

thanks, i appreciate your comment

the reason is simple (we can not decide, but positive feedback is a good thing)
    when I start reading here before posting anything I notice even experienced mail server admins (in this case) have many issues with their setups in one or the other way.
    how many issues must have a not so much experienced mail server admins?
    yes in manual we can run all these diagnostics on by one or with a script.

here we talk auto one button does all of them at once like poste.io pro
    these features may be also in some other mail server setups ( i don't know that so please share)

I post because I think if all versions of mail servers (free and paid) have a diagnostics toolset advance as as can be .. that can help everybody more than a lot in my opinion.

the other reason is all mail server devs see this post and who knows maybe consider adding these diagnostics toolsets in their builds. I speak here for a correct setup of a mail server (free or paid) without miss configs and a diagnostics toolset that give you the knowledge that you in the correct path.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @lion01 said:

@angstrom said:

@lion01 said:

• DNS domain diagnostics
    • Mailserver diagnostics
    • DMARC reports viewer
    • Delivery logs viewer
    • User logs viewer

thanks, i appreciate your comment

the reason is simple (we can not decide, but positive feedback is a good thing)
    when I start reading here before posting anything I notice even experienced mail server admins (in this case) have many issues with their setups in one or the other way.
    how many issues must have a not so much experienced mail server admins?
    yes in manual we can run all these diagnostics on by one or with a script.

here we talk auto one button does all of them at once like poste.io pro
    these features may be also in some other mail server setups ( i don't know that so please share)

I post because I think if all versions of mail servers (free and paid) have a diagnostics toolset advance as as can be .. that can help everybody more than a lot in my opinion.

the other reason is all mail server devs see this post and who knows maybe consider adding these diagnostics toolsets in their builds. I speak here for a correct setup of a mail server (free or paid) without miss configs and a diagnostics toolset that give you the knowledge that you in the correct path.

I've never used poste.io before, but I took a look and the PRO version does look nice. At the same time, there's a reason why the PRO version costs quite a bit

poste.io themselves say that their system is based on open-source components, but clearly, they've added some value to the overall system, and if you decide that you want/appreciate/need this added value, then it may be worth paying for it (not to mention that simply making all of the open-source components work well together takes a lot of expertise)

My reply to you above was simply based on what seemed to be your assumption/expectation, namely, that a free version should include everything that you want it to have (but I may have misunderstood you)

Thanked by 1lion01
  • davidavi Member

@lion01 said:

• DNS domain diagnostics
    • Mailserver diagnostics
    • DMARC reports viewer
    • Delivery logs viewer
    • User logs viewer

here you can see what I mean:
    https://demo.poste.io/admin/login#[email protected];admin
    go Server Status, etc

is any light, free alternative with that features?

Have you found any other alternative for poste.io, I am also looking lightweight mail server

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited May 2023

did you checked mailu? don't know about the features that you mentioned. but you can check it and they have a demo also. Another one is postal server. You can check both.

Thanked by 1davi
  • themewthemew Member
    edited May 2023

mailinabox.email is open source, full featured and super light weight.

Thanked by 1davi
  • I follow the 3d

• davidavi Member

@sreekanth850 said:
    did you checked mailu? don't know about the features that you mentioned. but you can check it and they have a demo also. Another one is postal server. You can check both.

Thanks, switched to postal as it is full featured. Yes it is bit heavy on memory usage by 400mb

• @davi said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Thanks, switched to postal as it is full featured. Yes it is bit heavy on memory usage by 400mb

Its backed by a commercial company which provides a WordPress managed hosting. So definitely may not abandon as they use it for their internal purpose.

• @sreekanth850 said:

Its backed by a commercial company which provides a WordPress managed hosting. So definitely may not abandon as they use it for their internal purpose.

What is the company? Thanks

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited May 2023

@nqservices said:

@sreekanth850 said:

What is the company? Thanks

Krystal. A UK based managed wordpress hosting company. Documentation itself shows how well they are managing this. Dashboard and UI are so intuitive like a paid product.

Thanked by 1nqservices
  • hand delivering mails to people