Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Service test
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Service test

LeviLevi Member

Hello,

Going to pre-alpha stage with my little project https://prohostia.com . Asking you, my friend, to help and do a simple test. On new signups there is free 30 days trial for first website. Please kindly signup and play with it a bit.

After test (30 days) I will reset database and all your data will be safely erased. Feedback can be provided via PM or publicly if something really bad happen :) (for the drama).

Thanked by 2Ganonk theraw

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

Just some feedback after seeing your page: When reading the first part about Managed WP Hosting and also below with plan details, as a customer I would definitely like/expect to read (Daily) Backups. Instead Backups/Snapshots is only mentioned further down below among features. I'd strongly advise to add it to plan details and also in the very first part of the page :) If I go for MANAGED, I expect to read this.
    I might have already dodged your site after not reading it in the hero/first part. I know you mentioned it further down below, but the first impression made me wonder "Managed..but no backups?".

Edit: Also check your FAQs:

With WordPress99 you don't have to create any databases, upload install files. Everything is done for you.

Who is WordPress99 ;)

Thanked by 1Levi
  • LeviLevi Member

@Ympker said: Who is WordPress99

Good eye! That's came from localhost :-/ . Damn, your feedback is pure gold.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @LTniger said:

@Ympker said: Who is WordPress99

Good eye! That's came from localhost :-/ . Damn, your feedback is pure gold.

Happy to help!
    I'll see if I can find some more stuff later :)
    I might sign up later to try the wp toolkit. As a fellow wp user, I haven't tried Plesk WP Toolkit yet. Or are you using Softaculous? Haven't read into detail about that one yet.

• LeviLevi Member

@Ympker said: Or are you using Softaculous?

No, custom made mumbo jumbo with python and shell. Thank you for your time!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@LTniger said:

@Ympker said: Or are you using Softaculous?

No, custom made mumbo jumbo with python and shell. Thank you for your time!

Ah in that case, I'll likely sign up to give it a try these days :) Always curious to try wp toolkits out :P

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@LTniger I saw you added Backups in the first part of the page, but what I meant was also adding it to the plan cards/details (10GB Plan, 20GB Plan etc..).

Thanked by 1Levi
  • my time has come

Thanked by 2shyaminayesh emgh
  • About Us/ToS/Privacy Policy Page: Who is "Us"? Who is prohostia.com . There is no company registration number, vat id, real name, or any other information to be found on who I am dealing/trusting to manage my WordPress site.

Thanked by 1emg
  • LeviLevi Member

Good point. Company details will add later, as this is pre-alpha stage.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

icons look weird in a small monitor (1366x768)

Thanked by 2Levi Ympker
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited April 2023

@FatGrizzly said:

Ok, that's actual serious bug. Thank you!

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • Tried to signup, Last name need to be 3 letters, Address need to be filled properly. I think lot of friction for signup will eventually leads to abandoning.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • Where is dedicated ipv6 address?

• LeviLevi Member

@Hotmarer said:
    Where is dedicated ipv6 address?

Kinsta, wpengine and other do ipv6? Hm...

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Also I suggest an alternate domain for free subdomains, anyone can easily get your domain blacklisted.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • LeviLevi Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@LTniger said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Also I suggest an alternate domain for free subdomains, anyone can easily get your domain blacklisted.

Well, it is .net , .com is for the system and website. It is enough.

• LeviLevi Member

So far, received couple feedbacks. People, your are really good at testing! Keep it going. It is free :)

• LeviLevi Member

Ok lads, few more people signed up. Maybe few more?

• LeviLevi Member

Folks, please provide some feedback:

• How easy was signup process?
    • How intuitive was order process?
    • Did you understood service management part, was it clear?
    • Did you encounter any "strange" ir "wtf" parts?
  • KassemKassem Member

I haven't signed up but I don't see SSH and wp-cli mentioned on the features page. These are important features (imo). Different environments (prod-staging-dev)? Different installs are isolated from each other?

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @LTniger do you also offer wordpress desgin services for themes?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

Don't try to compete with Kinsta or WpEngine. You're trying to hard to be a direct competitor.

Find a smaller niche within that niche and focus on that audience. Also, branding has improved since we last talked but I would make the overall look and feel a bit more modern and simplistic and stick away from that "gameserver-esque" feel.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • LeviLevi Member

@hyperblast said:
    @LTniger do you also offer wordpress desgin services for themes?

No. But it is a venue for future.

@Kassem said:
    I haven't signed up but I don't see SSH and wp-cli mentioned on the features page. These are important features (imo). Different environments (prod-staging-dev)? Different installs are isolated from each other?

These are advanced features which are desired from major of my imagined clientele. Good idea, non-the-less.

@SirFoxy said:
    Don't try to compete with Kinsta or WpEngine. You're trying to hard to be a direct competitor.

Find a smaller niche within that niche and focus on that audience. Also, branding has improved since we last talked but I would make the overall look and feel a bit more modern and simplistic and stick away from that "gameserver-esque" feel.

My strategy is to copy and improve. Kinsta, wpengine, siteground are multi million dollar corps. Their stack is good, only need improvements.

• @LTniger said:

@hyperblast said:
    @LTniger do you also offer wordpress desgin services for themes?

No. But it is a venue for future.

i would be an alphatester of the first hour ;)

• LeviLevi Member

By the way, anyone would like to see more locations?

• BarisBaris Member

I am getting spaceweb.eu vibes...

• LeviLevi Member

@Baris said:

What is that?

• BarisBaris Member

@LTniger said:

@Baris said:

What is that?

The website design somehow reminded me of an shared hosting provider (not operating anymore), just off topic.

Hope you will succeed, I am going to sign up and give some feedback 👍🏼