Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share your experiences regarding LETs moderation, again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Share your experiences regarding LETs moderation, again

A couple of months have passed since I started the discussion Share your experiences regarding LETs moderation

So I'll just ask again:
How is/was you experience with LETs moderators, especially lately?
What bugs you, what makes you happy?

Many thanks and make LET great again

LET moderation
  1. How would you grade LETs moderation currently?95 votes
    1. Excellent
      23.16%
    2. Good
      29.47%
    3. Average
      18.95%
    4. Poor
      11.58%
    5. Very poor
      16.84%
  2. How did moderation change for you compared to last poll?95 votes
    1. It improved
      24.21%
    2. It stayed the same
      22.11%
    3. It got worse
      15.79%
    4. I did not participate in last poll
      37.89%

Comments

• ailiceailice Member

7$

Thanked by 2Pilzbaum bdl
  • VoidVoid Member

$8

• 9$

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

10$

• jlet88jlet88 Member

Is there a problem or some big drama I missed? My experience with the moderators has been overwhelmingly positive. But no one is perfect. Moderators are humans too, and I'm sure they can't be 100% consistent.

Thanked by 2Pilzbaum Not_Oles
  • It's better.

• worse, a melt-down mod banned me twice for nowt.

• somiksomik Member

@Calin said:
    10$

$12

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@jlet88 said: My experience with the moderators has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks for your kind words! <3

All the mods here are great! <3

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Place seems quiet - the mark of a good moderation team perhaps

• NanjaNanja Member

I'm just a random nobody!
    This is how it seems to me.
    Some staff make a presence on here everyday by posting.
    Some staff only make a presence every other day by posting.
    Some staff I have never even seen before? I would name them, but I've never seen them so how could i?

That's just appearances though.
    The staff I do see are doing a good job, they close threads, move threads to correct topics, and whatever else they do behind the scenes.

• ooowwwwooowwww Member

brain-rot schizos spamming misinformation and conspiracy like a full time job,all in the name of speechfreedom . this forum is actually worse than some 4chan boards. But i guess this shitshow more comes down to the users , not all moderators fault

• NanjaNanja Member

@ooowwww said:
    brain-rot schizos spamming misinformation and conspiracy like a full time job,all in the name of speechfreedom . this forum is actually worse than some 4chan boards. But i guess this shitshow more comes down to the users , not all moderators fault

Are we in the same place?
    nvm, I look at the previous place you like to visit.
    I think moderation did a good job by keeping it in one spot.
    "The Russia vs Ukraine thread, let's not derail other threads."

Comparing that one thread to 4chan is reasonable. The rest of LET seems alright to me.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2023

Going for poor here because number of (valid/interesting) topics closed due to "derailed" isn't 0.

Only if moderators had some tools that would like splitting posts to other topic or something like that they could use to moderate those topics rather than arbitrary closing some and not others.

and then not closing/merging duplicated threads even posted like 10 minutes after each other...

Thanked by 2Pilzbaum fart
  • ooowwwwooowwww Member

@Nanja said:

@ooowwww said:

Are we in the same place?
    nvm, I look at the previous place you like to visit.
    I think moderation did a good job by keeping it in one spot.
    "The Russia vs Ukraine thread, let's not derail other threads."

Comparing that one thread to 4chan is reasonable. The rest of LET seems alright to me

Digging a bit more , especially the topics that's about vaccines .you may agree with the analog between 4chan after witnessing top tier Internet biologist explains how mrna vaccines are gonna mutate humankind

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 2023

I still have no idea why my topic about Namibiatropoli was censored.

Beware folks! They censor us because they are afraid of the TRUTH! (...at least this is the usual punchline used against diligent moderators who shield the good people from uncanny influences.)

• @asterisk14 said:
    worse, a melt-down mod banned me twice for nowt.

Yeah, twice was too low.

• @davide said:
    I still have no idea why my topic about Namibiatropoli was censored.

Beware folks! They censor us because they are afraid of the TRUTH! (...at least this is the usual punchline used against diligent moderators who shield the good people from uncanny influences.)

That wasn't censorship. You just started a senseless thread with no conversation value.

And protip, anybody who says something stupid like "they are afraid of the TRUTH! is a Kool-Aid drinking moron.

• eldrickeldrick Member

Speaking of Kool-Aid you are the Fake News kool -aid king..https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186194/whatsapp-allegedly-accessing-microphone-on-pixel-7-galaxy-s23-other-phones-even-when-not-in-use#latest

Pro Tip - Every comment you make has no conversation value. You are what we call easily "triggered"

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I agree it improved. And from the times I was banned it improved dramatically.
    Mods can now make the difference between presenting ideas they might not agree with and personal attacks in many situations.
    That being said, nothing is perfect but, compared to other places, this is above average.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • grepgrep Member
    edited May 2023

@eldrick said:
    Pro Tip - Every comment you make has no conversation value. You are what we call easily "triggered"

Who is "we"?
    Also "Pro Tip"? Professional commenter?

Lol what a nerd...

On topic: moderation here is fine. Sometimes mods might do dumb shit. Everyone does. I do enjoy how moderation brings out the "I'm being oppressed" crybabies though.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • ralfralf Member
    edited May 2023

@grep said:
    On topic: moderation here is fine. Sometimes mods might do dumb shit. Everyone does. I do enjoy how moderation brings out the "I'm being oppressed" crybabies though.

It's amazing how prescient Monty Python were - a lot of their material is unbelievably still so relevant to all the current issues of the day 40-odd years later.

• @ralf said:

@grep said:

It's amazing how prescient Monty Python were - a lot of their material is unbelievably still so relevant to all the current issues of the day 40-odd years later.

To be fair, it's set in the middle ages where the last 40 years aren't much in the grand scheme ;)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Nice to see some improvement in the poll results.

• somiksomik Member

@jbiloh said:

Eh... the poll results are still all over the place.... :p

• @somik said:

@jbiloh said:

Well, based on the data it improved for previous voters (on average) and it is better than the former vote (on average). Currently the majority is happy (excellent/good), while at the last time the majority was unhappy (very poor/poor)

So yes, it improved and I want to congratulate and thank the mod team for that. Thank you for the endless effort

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • defaultdefault Veteran

#bilohbucks

Thanked by 1Pilzbaum
  • somiksomik Member

@Pilzbaum said:

@somik said:

@jbiloh said:

Well, based on the data it improved for previous voters (on average) and it is better than the former vote (on average). Currently the majority is happy (excellent/good), while at the last time the majority was unhappy (very poor/poor)

So yes, it improved and I want to congratulate and thank the mod team for that. Thank you for the endless effort

Hmm, I was away for a while from LET, but for as long as I have been here, LET was always ok with the comment moderation. At least for now, I do not see any spams, so the mods are definitely doing their job.

Keep it up :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@somik said: I do not see any spams

It is much-much more to moderation than closing spam threads.

Thanked by 3Arkas angstrom FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

I can only say in ~10 years I've never had an issue with the mods here.

Thanked by 1Calin