Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 10Gbps unmetered server in the US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 10Gbps unmetered server in the US

Specs needed:
- 1 CPU with 6 cores, not older than Xeon E5v4
- 64GB RAM, not older than DDR4
- 10Gbps unmetered bandwidth with 20Gbps port and 95% percentile billing (or simpler alternatives), not Cogent or HE single-homed
- 2 x 2TB SSD or NVMe drives

Budget: $700 per month

Comments

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

AMD Ryzen 3900X
    128GB DDDR4 RAM
    2 x 2TB NVMe
    10 Gbps Unmetered (on a 10G port)
    KVM Over IP
    NYC Metro, Miami, or Los Angeles
    $700/mo

Mix: TATA, GTT, Comcast, and IX

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@crunchbits may be able to hook it up in the northwest.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Your budget is low, but have you checked out tempest.net? Reach them, maybe they can do something for you.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

We provide both 10gbps and 20gbps unmetered servers, but we don’t provide 95% billing. Having said that the prices for unmetered are excellent:

https://1gservers.com/10g-unmetered-dedicated-servers.html

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • BushhyBushhy Member

@ManishPant said:
    Your budget is low, but have you checked out tempest.net? Reach them, maybe they can do something for you.

<3 Thanks Manish!

@mkamolins Tempest offers many different machines with Dedicated 10Gbps Unmetered Ports! Feel free to check our website. We have a bunch of 5950x-128GB-2x2TB machines available in the US/EU!

• conceptconcept Member

I would look at @Clouvider Psychz ReliableSite and RoyaleHosting

Thanked by 2Clouvider MrRadic
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

@PeterP with Tempest might be able to help. I don't think they do a 20 gig port (might be wrong), but they are for sure within your budget.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

@mkamolins said:
    Specs needed:
    - 1 CPU with 6 cores, not older than Xeon E5v4
    - 64GB RAM, not older than DDR4
    - 10Gbps unmetered bandwidth with 20Gbps port and 95% percentile billing (or simpler alternatives), not Cogent or HE single-homed
    - 2 x 2TB SSD or NVMe drives

Budget: $700 per month

We offer

CPU: Dual Silver 4116 (24×2.1GHZ)
    RAM: 64GB DDR4
    Drive: 2×1TB SSD
    Port: 1×10 Gbps
    Bandwidth: 10 Gbps Unlimited
    Root access: SSH, Panel
    IPv4/IPv6: /32
    IPMI: v.2
    Free OS Install: ✔️

$700 per month

To get this offer, please write us to [email protected] with the link to this thread.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

@mkamolins said:

• 10Gbps unmetered bandwidth with 20Gbps port and 95% percentile billing (or simpler alternatives), not Cogent or HE single-homed

Also, 10Gbps unmetered bandwidth with 20Gbps port and 95% percentile billing we could offer you for $800 per month

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Budget is good for this for 10G unmetered.
    Might have a bit more issues with some providers for 20Gbps on 95th% as this requires using up either a 25g or 40g port. Typically those who can offer that will do a small fee for it.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited May 2023

I'd keep an eye out for @terrahost 's dedis in Kansas City (as central US as you can get) - https://terrahost.com/dedicated-servers - specifically their "Enterprise" package.

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited May 2023

@Don_Keedic said:
    I'd keep an eye out for @terrahost 's dedis in Kansas City (as central US as you can get) - https://terrahost.com/dedicated-servers - specifically their "Enterprise" package.

They had issues with networking in Kansas City for some time, but its getting better and better over time. I highly recommend Terrahost.

• What is the network capacity increments? I thought it went 10, 25, 40, 100Gbps. Did I just mix up 25 and its really 20? In hindsight, 20 makes sense with 40 and no 50.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Why is everyone hating on Cogent here lately?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2023

@TimboJones said: What is the network capacity increments? I thought it went 10, 25, 40, 100Gbps. Did I just mix up 25 and its really 20? In hindsight, 20 makes sense with 40 and no 50.

You can also make lots of others between these using multiple port LAGs.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@DataIdeas-Josh said: Why is everyone hating on Cogent here lately?

They have their problems just like every other transit provider, but a lot of the issues of the past are gone.

If you connect to them at a major POP, you'll have the best experience with them, but I suspect that's true for most providers.

Cogent's NOC is also one of the best - you can get someone on the phone who actually has router access and can make changes within minutes, whereas many of the other providers it involves waiting for hours or days before you can actually talk to someone who knows what they are doing, will actually tell you what's happening, and has access to do something about it. This makes a huge difference, and I'm willing to put up with some of their issues for this reason.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@qps said:

They have their problems just like every other transit provider, but a lot of the issues of the past are gone.

If you connect to them at a major POP, you'll have the best experience with them, but I suspect that's true for most providers.

Cogent's NOC is also one of the best - you can get someone on the phone who actually has router access and can make changes within minutes, whereas many of the other providers it involves waiting for hours or days before you can actually talk to someone who knows what they are doing, will actually tell you what's happening, and has access to do something about it. This makes a huge difference, and I'm willing to put up with some of their issues for this reason.

I will agree that I've never had an issue so great that their support can't figure out right away or at least be able to at least let me know that they are working on it.

Although I think their "alarms" could be better for outages but it appears that they are working on that.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

People's perception of them is stuck in 2010 still.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

No issues with Cogent in blend, but they are not enough to be fully reliant on. Not sure about now, but 1-2 years ago they were still in many peering fights (with HE, Google and major ISPs in the US or Europe).

So rule of thumb is: do not route all traffic through Cogent. You are quite safe routing traffic to Cogent's own customers though.

@qps said:

I thought this for the longest time until we had issues pushing our 100G ports with them and their tech was the most useless human I've spoken to.

Our traffic on one of our 100G ports couldn't push over 42Gbps. Our customer who was pushing heavy traffic couldn't get downloads working past 1MB/s most times in kbps. We ran a bunch of tests iperf3 etc and couldn't push anything fast on that port.

We setup a 40G iperf server specifically routed on just that Cogent port told them. Their tech tried to tell us using 42Gbps was good enough to show that it was working and couldn't understand not pushing 80+Gbps on this 100G port wasn't a problem.

I was on holidays and spent over an hour on the phone with them so we just dropped Cogent it from our network until we could troubleshoot more.
    It got fixed after months.
    They did a software update to their routers (Didn't fix anything)
    They replaced an optic (Didn't do anything light levels stayed the same)
    They added capacity to their network. (What do you know this fixed the issue) But by this time about 5 months passed and they refused to credit us or anything so we dropped them.

When it was working good we liked Cogent but what a headache.
    HE's noc has been the best one in my mind that we have used to date. Quick replies always someone knowledgeable.

@PureVoltage said: They added capacity to their network. (What do you know this fixed the issue) But by this time about 5 months passed and they refused to credit us or anything so we dropped them.

We've had similar issues with just about every carrier. We just went through a capacity issue with GTT at a major POP and it wasn't resolved until after we had already decided to cancel.

@PureVoltage said: HE's noc has been the best one in my mind that we have used to date. Quick replies always someone knowledgeable.

HE still has a few deal-breaker issues:

• extremely rigid about selling full port commits (most other carriers will sell you burstable ports)
    • requires 5-year contracts to get their best pricing (most other carriers will give their best pricing on 1-year or 3-year contracts)
    • lack of BGP communities for traffic engineering (every other major carrier has some form of communities)
    Thanked by 1fluffernutter

@qps said:

@PureVoltage said: They added capacity to their network. (What do you know this fixed the issue) But by this time about 5 months passed and they refused to credit us or anything so we dropped them.

We've had similar issues with just about every carrier. We just went through a capacity issue with GTT at a major POP and it wasn't resolved until after we had already decided to cancel.

@PureVoltage said: HE's noc has been the best one in my mind that we have used to date. Quick replies always someone knowledgeable.

HE still has a few deal-breaker issues:

• extremely rigid about selling full port commits (most other carriers will sell you burstable ports)
    • requires 5-year contracts to get their best pricing (most other carriers will give their best pricing on 1-year or 3-year contracts)
    • lack of BGP communities for traffic engineering (every other major carrier has some form of communities)

This is very true on all fronts.
    GTT we had some of the worst billing issues with them, it's been many years now since we used them but at the time we tried to upgrade our ports and was ignored from everyone to the point we cancelled.

Abovenet was great then Zayo bought them and a lot of others and it was a nightmare.

We had issues with NTT signed contract then price changed / couldn't provide us the service we ordered after spending 7k on 100g long range optics.

Lumen rep called us acting like a customer trying to order when told I would be out of town for a few days and kept calling and calling.

HE and their full ports are quite a pain as those 100g ports we typically try and run a pair over 100g commit when possible but they require the full ports otherwise pricing is higher than anyone else in the market. Along with communities lacking as you said is a pain.

• Intel Xeon-D 2141I

Processor: Intel Xeon-D 2141I - 8 c / 16 t - 2.2 GHz / 3 GHz
    Memory: From 32GB
    Storage: NVMe, SATA available
    Public bandwidth: From 1 Gbps
    Private bandwidth: From 100 Mbps

Order Here

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@atmwebhost said:
    Intel Xeon-D 2141I

Processor: Intel Xeon-D 2141I - 8 c / 16 t - 2.2 GHz / 3 GHz
    Memory: From 32GB
    Storage: NVMe, SATA available
    Public bandwidth: From 1 Gbps
    Private bandwidth: From 100 Mbps

Order Here

Do you even read the request in detail before spamming your links?

Thanked by 2OhJohn fluffernutter
  • @DP said:
    Do you even read the request in detail before spamming your links?

Didn't even read the thread title...lol

"Looking for a 10gbps unmetered server..."

Offer:
    "Public bandwidth: From 1 Gbps
    Private bandwidth: From 100 Mbps"

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2023

We dropped Cogent from our mix about 2 years ago, even in major cities they're congested and QoS heavily. I wouldn't recommend either Cogent or HE. We have HE as a peer, but end up having to route around them to many destinations due to congestion and performance issues.

• @MrRadic said:
    We dropped Cogent from our mix about 2 years ago, even in major cities they're congested and QoS heavily. I wouldn't recommend either Cogent or HE. We have HE as a peer, but end up having to route around them to many destinations due to congestion and performance issues.

Agreed, HE honestly runs an absolutely terrible network. 99% of my time interfacing with HE is trying to figure out how to touch their network the least.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

BW = Level3/Lumen Primary + Cogent backup
    +Corero DDOS protection

Intel Xeon E5-2683-v4 $119.95 USD
    » Memory: 64 GB$0.00 USD
    » Storage #1: 2TB SSD$0.00 USD
    » Storage #2: 2TB SSD$10.00 USD
    » Storage #3: None$0.00 USD
    » Storage #4: None$0.00 USD
    » Network: 10Gbps Unmetered Burst $399.00 USD
    » IPv4 Allocation: 1 Usable /30$0.00 USD

$528.95 USD