Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Email Hosting @ $5/year to support FOSSBilling - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Email Hosting @ $5/year to support FOSSBilling

Comments

• ErisaErisa Member

@jar said: You'll get one email account on the domain you register for.

Can that domain be removed/changed in future or are you married to it?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Erisa said:

@jar said: You'll get one email account on the domain you register for.

Can that domain be removed/changed in future or are you married to it?

You can rename it anytime

Thanked by 1Erisa

Orders are live again. I'm testing DA passwords as customers are sent them via email upon registration, so if the password fails right after provision I'm going behind you and fixing it. Of course once you're in DA, you probably want to change that pass.

Thanked by 1adly

As of today we've increased customer's abilities to customize their spam filtering by moving MXRBL from an exim rule to a SpamAssassin rule. More here: https://blog.mxroute.com/mxrbl-moved-to-spamassassin/

Thanked by 3Levi Talistech adly
  • Got in with no password issues! Feels so cool to have such a low ID #.

Thanked by 1jar
  • One thing I found odd when signing up was the required "Address 2" field, but maybe that's just a configuration option and not something set in stone by the panel?

• eriseris Member

For some strange reason I am not able to download the invoice or do anything and I am logged out..

• adlyadly Veteran

@Decicus said:
    One thing I found odd when signing up was the required "Address 2" field, but maybe that's just a configuration option and not something set in stone by the panel?

Required client fields are configurable.

@jar has helpfully raised a few issues to date which are greatly appreciated - the real word production feedback is invaluable <3 - and no doubt there will be more to come. :)

Thanked by 2Decicus OhJohn
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jar said: Some bugs only appear in production.

Thanked by 3jar adly netomx
  • I have to say it's nice to see you're trying to support the growth of a FOSS billing panel. You're really putting your money where your mouth is and I can respect it, I'll probably order in a bit.

So far so good. Most accounts are provisioning fine, but some passwords are still failing and I'm having to go in and set the manually to match what gets sent in the welcome email.

So don't be alarmed if you have a T-Mobile IP listed as a login on your DirectAdmin account, I'm just checking that you received working details :heart:

Thanked by 2adly Erisa
  • Were any of the Afterlogic licenses lifetime and would you be open to selling them upon approval from Afterlogic?

@deadpool said:
    Were any of the Afterlogic licenses lifetime and would you be open to selling them upon approval from Afterlogic?

Yearly, 25,000 user license. It might have a few months left on it if you want it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • grabbed it for sure, thank you. Everything went smooth

Thanked by 1jar
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

you didnt needed to teach me this

• LeviLevi Member

By the way, address 2 is this somwthing common in usa? I have never heard that person would enter address 1 and address 2 in virtual services. Such setup usually goes in shops with physical goods to be delivered.

• msattmsatt Member

I understand it as
    Address (line) 1
    Address (line) 2

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

Yeah I guess it's more of an US thing, not using Address 2 in Sweden either...

By the way, around passwords @jar, might it me that some passwords are generated with characters that are not supported and therefore setting the password fails? I have had some issues with " % ; ' \ in some places.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

@netomx said:

fyi they’re 67 cents from https://spaceship.com
    they’re a new (i think) registrar. i just got one and it works
    looks like their renewal is broken as i can’t extend the domain with them. they claim to still be in beta.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited April 2023

@msatt said:
    I understand it as
    Address (line) 1
    Address (line) 2

Pretty sure it's this - Blesta & WHMCS has the same by default, but I'm pretty sure they're both set to optional and I've seen WHMCS as Street Address 1 / 2 instead.

• @jar said:

• Unlimited forwarders (within reason, if you start generating tens of thousands of forwarders via randomly generated strings with the DirectAdmin API, I'm going to kick you in the nuts)
    • No catchall (for now, may change)

Why no catch-all btw? Just wondering.

edited April 2023

@Setsura said:

@jar said:

• Unlimited forwarders (within reason, if you start generating tens of thousands of forwarders via randomly generated strings with the DirectAdmin API, I'm going to kick you in the nuts)

I was having trouble deploying the feature with the billing system at the time, and catchall allows people to lazily send the cost of providing service to their account through the roof. Think catchall forwarder to Gmail + spammers randomly generating usernames @ their domain, can get out of hand pretty quickly on overhead under the right conditions.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2023

@jar said:

@Setsura said:

@jar said:

I was having trouble deploying the feature with the billing system at the time, and catchall allows people to lazily send the cost of providing service to their account through the roof. Think catchall forwarder to Gmail + spammers randomly generating usernames @ their domain, can get out of hand pretty quickly on overhead under the right conditions.

Oh, I didn't know anyone did that lol. For me I just like to lazily get any emails sent to a domain.

Btw I bought already and setup, everything worked fine and I didn't see you need to login so I think the password worked. I have a suggestion though if you accepting them: the DKIM was kinda hard to find as the guide linked in the email is not the same panel I guess. Maybe add (DKIM) to the "email routing" menu or something.

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeviLevi Member

CatchAll used only in few instances:

1. If you are spammer;
    2. If you like to be spam bombed;

Either of these options are malice to the provider.

• @LTniger said:
    CatchAll used only in few instances:

1. If you are spammer;
    2. If you like to be spam bombed;

Either of these options are malice to the provider.

Sorry but beg to differ. I use a unique address for every service I subscribe to and rely on catch-all to deliver that.

It means I can blacklist specific sources that misuse or sell my signup or get compromised, without affecting deliverability from other services.

The addresses all match a pattern, so I can implicitly reject random spam targets, e.g. john@ jane@ sales@ accounts@ etc.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited April 2023

@bruh21 said:

@netomx said:

fyi they’re 67 cents from https://spaceship.com
    they’re a new (i think) registrar. i just got one and it works
    looks like their renewal is broken as i can’t extend the domain with them. they claim to still be in beta.

Spaceship is a brand of Namecheap. They want to sell domains "at cost". It's gonna become a very popular name pretty soon, especially in the LE world.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • LeviLevi Member

@cochon said: It means I can blacklist specific sources

[email protected] exist long time and is well supported by 99% mail admins. Why catchAll? You should receive massive amount of spam...

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • @LTniger said:
    [email protected] exist long time and is well supported by 99% mail admins. Why catchAll? You should receive massive amount of spam...

some sites will block the registrations using such aliases, simply by forbidding + in the email address.

Thanked by 2netomx tentor
  • @LTniger said:
    [email protected] exist long time and is well supported by 99% mail admins. Why catchAll?

Not knocking it, but it does expose your base mailbox name and is open to deliberate abuse. And there are fringe cases where the '+' format fails validation and can't be used.

You should receive massive amount of spam...

Not if you block/sideline simple alphanumeric mailbox names that don't match a pattern. In fact I sideline mine to a spam folder just for reference, and receive way less spam than I used to since moving to MXRoute, a testament I suppose to @jar's pre-delivery spam filtering.

• eriseris Member

@msatt said:
    I understand it as
    Address (line) 1
    Address (line) 2

This is a setting in Fossbilling @jar should be able to disable it...

Thanked by 1adly