Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Email Hosting @ $5/year to support FOSSBilling
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Email Hosting @ $5/year to support FOSSBilling

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited April 2023 in Offers

Users on LET are always asking me for the $5/year promo. I've got the right situation for it. I'm not going to waste your time with a bunch of fluff. I can take one break from that here, right? Here's my last offer if you want to read about MXroute: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185192/mxroute-spring-promo-15-year

That text is solid, minus the fact that we're discontinuing Afterlogic: https://blog.mxroute.com/discontinuing-afterlogic/

Before I give you the offer, there are some things you need to know:

We're sponsoring the development of FOSSBilling, and we want to put it to production use to offer good feedback to the devs. But we don't want to migrate all of our customers to it. Maybe we can talk about doing that in the future, but we do want our options open regarding the ability to move away from licensed and closed-source software. The best way to keep those options open is to be actively contributing in some way to it.

So how do we get production usage from FOSSBilling to serve our goals, while not impacting our primary billing system and workflows? We offer a small product that can only be purchased through our FOSSBilling installation. That means:

• Lower priority support
  • No connection with our system at accounts.mxroute.com
  • No upgrades from this offer to other plans
  • Our product documentation will be slightly off balance in places where it references and links to accounts.mxroute.com
  • You're LET. You're more technical users. You should be able to handle this, and you get a deal out of it.
  • Make sure you put the "." in the TLD on the order form. So like if your domain is "mydomain.com" then you'd put "mydomain" in the first box, and ".com" in the second box.

Anyway, here's the offer:

• 2GB email storage
  • 1 email account on 1 domain
  • Unlimited forwarders (within reason, if you start generating tens of thousands of forwarders via randomly generated strings with the DirectAdmin API, I'm going to kick you in the nuts)
  • No catchall (for now, may change)
  • $5/year
  • Make sure you put the "." in the TLD on the order form. So like if your domain is "mydomain.com" then you'd put "mydomain" in the first box, and ".com" in the second box.

Here's the order link: https://account.mxroute.com/order/micro

Comments

• account.mxroute.com accounts.mxroute.com

Thanked by 3jar yoursunny Talistech
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@crazychen said:
    account.mxroute.com accounts.mxroute.com

Indeed. Enjoy the maze :joy:

• Nice offer, as always

Thanked by 1jar
  • suutsuut Member

Nice offer! Could I comment my order# to double email account? lol <3

Thanked by 1jar
  • what payment methods do you accept there?

Thanked by 1jar
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@treesmokah said:
    what payment methods do you accept there?

Stripe and Paypal.

Thanked by 1jar
  • is this the offspring of boxbilling ?

Thanked by 1jar

@yokowasis said:
    is this the offspring of boxbilling ?

Aye. A lot of great work is going into it.

Thanked by 1adly
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

@FatGrizzly said:

@treesmokah said:

Stripe and Paypal.

Too bad, was hoping for some cryptoz as well :(

@jar do you block vcc's/prepaid's on stripe?

@treesmokah said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@treesmokah said:

Stripe and Paypal.

Too bad, was hoping for some cryptoz as well :(

@jar do you block vcc's/prepaid's on scripe?

I don't think I do

• NanjaNanja Member

Lol, After skimming this several times... I finally realize what you are doing now. It wasn't registering it my head... I feel dumb/confused

I was afraid that I would have to get rid of my account at the other billing eventually and move to this one..

Well, I see you already have that planned in the future maybe.

Either way, I support it. mxroute is an amazing service.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Missing +OK response upon connecting to the server: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE LITERAL+ AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot DA ready.

Thanked by 1jar
  • bdlbdl Member

@crazychen said:
    Missing +OK response upon connecting to the server: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE LITERAL+ AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot DA ready.

OK

Thanked by 2jar Erisa

@crazychen said:
    Missing +OK response upon connecting to the server: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE LITERAL+ AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot DA ready.

Whatever software said something is missing in Dovecot's response, it's probably worth raising a ticket with it's developer. If they have a difference of opinion with the Dovecot devs, I'd recommend they take it up with the developers of it.

edited April 2023

Noteworthy:

If you sign up with a domain that looks like "1234567.xyz" then the service will fail to provision, and it may be several hours before you see a fix. This is causing quite the number of issues, I'm having to fully delete the orders and recreate them with a temporary domain, delete the invoices, change the domain in DirectAdmin, all that jazz. (Edit: Found a slightly easier way, still very involved each time)

Also why do people create domains like this.

Thanked by 1adly
  • s12321s12321 Member
    edited April 2023

I think unlimited domain a/c is better, dont do that too cheap @jar, zohomail 1 domain 5 users free plan is the competitor.

• crazychencrazychen Member
    edited April 2023

@jar said:

@crazychen said:

Whatever software said something is missing in Dovecot's response, it's probably worth raising a ticket with it's developer. If they have a difference of opinion with the Dovecot devs, I'd recommend they take it up with the developers of it.

Thunderbird with POP3 SSL,without SSL are OK!

Gmail SSL POP3 OK,maybe issue by thunderbird.

• @jar said:

Simply because it is cheap ($0.99/yr https://gen.xyz/number). I'm curious if these kinds of domains will impact email deliverability if at all.

Thanked by 2jar itsgoingdown
    edited April 2023

@flyingelephant said:

@jar said:

Simply because it is cheap ($0.99/yr https://gen.xyz/number). I'm curious if these kinds of domains will impact email deliverability if at all.

Surely. The .xyz TLD is far more utilized for spam than anything else, from my observations. Having a .xyz domain that doesn't look important and looks to be randomly generated should be an additional red flag in theory.

• This is the way.

edited April 2023

Orders disabled until I can figure out why fossbilling is so often provisioning accounts with passwords that don't match what it generated, and even resetting the passwords via fossbilling fails (succeeds, but whatever it succeeds with isn't a match for the input so login fails).

Great example of why we're doing this. In my tests this worked every time, but I've had to manually set passwords for 4 users so far on the terminal. Some bugs only appear in production.

edited April 2023

Also deleted every account and IP banned the user who uses first name only, that starts with Z. I don't know why you just keep ordering for the same domain over and over and over and over and over again without paying an invoice but if I wanted to face smash entries into the database for testing I'd lock my cat in a room with a laptop.

Seriously, even if you pay the invoices only one of those is going to provision, and if you don't want to pay it then just stop ordering it :joy:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@jar said:
    Noteworthy:

If you sign up with a domain that looks like "1234567.xyz" then the service will fail to provision, and it may be several hours before you see a fix. This is causing quite the number of issues, I'm having to fully delete the orders and recreate them with a temporary domain, delete the invoices, change the domain in DirectAdmin, all that jazz. (Edit: Found a slightly easier way, still very involved each time)

I have a 12356.xyz domain to use as a sort of throwaway/newsletter mail which can't be accessed by others yet I can access it permanently, not just temporarily. There are temp mails you can use for this stuff but often loose access to after 10 minutes (10min mail), and throwaway mails like Muellmail where you can technically access your throwaway mail any time if you enter the same [email protected] . However, anyone else who enters the same combination of blabla and throwaway domain gets access to your mail, too. Sometimes you might need access to such email again to renew licende or whatever. Hence why I got one of these. Oh, and it's only 0,80€/year.

Thanked by 1Void
  • @jar said:

@flyingelephant said:

@jar said:

Surely. The .xyz TLD is far more utilized for spam than anything else, from my observations. Having a .xyz domain that doesn't look important and looks to be randomly generated should be an additional red flag in theory.

abc.xyz: excuse me?

• @jar said:
    Orders disabled until I can figure out why fossbilling is so often provisioning accounts with passwords that don't match what it generated, and even resetting the passwords via fossbilling fails (succeeds, but whatever it succeeds with isn't a match for the input so login fails).

Great example of why we're doing this. In my tests this worked every time, but I've had to manually set passwords for 4 users so far on the terminal. Some bugs only appear in production.

As soon as it's back online, I'll be ordering one. Always glad to support MXRoute.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Link does not seem to be working

• nfnnfn Veteran

@jar , "1 email account on 1 domain" means each domain can only have one email account or this plan only allows one domain?

Thanks

• @nfn said:
    @jar , "1 email account on 1 domain" means each domain can only have one email account or this plan only allows one domain?

Thanks

It allows only one domain and since one domain allows only one account, you can have one email account for one domain name with this offer.

@jar said:
    But we don't want to migrate all of our customers to it. Maybe we can talk about doing that in the future, but we do want our options open regarding the ability to move away from licensed and closed-source software.

Please don't do this to existing customers. I'd rather pay an increased bill for having a premium control panel.

edited April 2023

@aqua said:
    Link does not seem to be working

I'll open it back up this evening. I'm going to have to consistently reproduce the password issue so I can report it clearly to the devs. It keeps provisioning accounts with passwords that don't work, and when it happens it's own password reset feature consistently doesn't work for the account either.

@nfn said:

Thanks

You'll get one email account on the domain you register for.

@webcraft said:

@nfn said:

Thanks

It allows only one domain and since one domain allows only one account, you can have one email account for one domain name with this offer.

@jar said:
    But we don't want to migrate all of our customers to it. Maybe we can talk about doing that in the future, but we do want our options open regarding the ability to move away from licensed and closed-source software.

Please don't do this to existing customers. I'd rather pay an increased bill for having a premium control panel.

Fear not, if that does happen it'll be done quite well. Premium in this context is relative, the panel that best serves our needs is the most premium. The one that we have a chance to repair, patch, and customize ourselves has the most potential to be the most premium for the longest time in theory. But right now it's just about keeping options open. Putting everything behind licensed and closed source software puts an entire company at the mercy of something we can't control, and that's not premium.