Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE: 3GB SSD Shared Hosting with My/Pg/Mongo/etc. From a Provider You've Never Heard Of
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FREE: 3GB SSD Shared Hosting with My/Pg/Mongo/etc. From a Provider You've Never Heard Of

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Or perhaps some of you have.

Anyone tried Serv00.com?

Piotr goes in-depth:

Comments

• Note that:

A user account that has not been properly logged in by the DevilWEB or SSH panel for a period of 90 days will be automatically removed from the system without the possibility of recovering the data collected on that account.

Full ToS.

Thanked by 1GetParanoid
  • I haven't heard of it, and I don't know how long they can exist, so I don't want to try it!

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • lq9xlq9x Member

@qquccs said:
    I haven't heard of it, and I don't know how long they can exist, so I don't want to try it!

It can be used for testing purposes. What do you expect from free stuff?

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

The most exciting thing here is @AXYZE ’s voice.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • A free hosting service is good for testing stuff. However, hosting services are not that expensive to begin with.

• Server location?

• @harrison said:
    Note that:

A user account that has not been properly logged in by the DevilWEB or SSH panel for a period of 90 days will be automatically removed from the system without the possibility of recovering the data collected on that account.

Full ToS.

I have a dilemma regarding the morality of idling: is it normal to idle a VPS which automatically logins on a web hosting plan just to keep idling the hosting plan?

• @default said: is it normal to idle a VPS which automatically logins on a web hosting plan just to keep idling the hosting plan?

Sounds reasonable to me.
    There is an ethical imperative to keep our hosting accounts and servers idle no matter what.

• @default said: I have a dilemma regarding the morality of idling: is it normal to idle a VPS which automatically logins on a web hosting plan just to keep idling the hosting plan?

:smile:

Meanwhile I'm wondering how a web-hosting service is providing ssh access...this service is like a nerfed vps

• @ascicode said:
    Server location?

warszawa, poland

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@ole_hansen said:

@ascicode said:
    Server location?

warszawa, poland

Yup, checked around and its colocated in ATMAN Warsaw

• Is it a clone of ct8.pl?
    Everything looks the same.

• @ascicode said:
    Server location?

ct8.pl - Hetzner Germany
    serv00.com - Atman (WAW), Poland

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@Strikerr said:
    Is it a clone of ct8.pl?
    Everything looks the same.

Same brand, but different dedis.
    They likely want to enter international market and are testing their features, what is missing, what is requested etc.
    On video I checked server specs and its likely retired mydevil.net server or a new one they built, so its here to stay. big server.

• Not always an usable hoster. Trying to provide freehosting since 2011.
    I'd go with bplaced if you want something real, that works.