Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART down?

ihostart.com, keeps reporting Connection Timed Out 522 (from Cloudflare)
Also, machines on ART9 node is very unresponsive, it even went down once a few days. (The Proxmox console is online however.)
@Calin

Comments

• NAT VPS down yesterday but OK now. Under DDOS?

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Nothing new :(

Thanked by 1kait
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

Hello , yes iHostART receive DDoS

We try for fix

For real time uptime check https://uptime.ihostart.com

Regards,
    Calin

• edited March 2023

@Calin said:
    Hello , yes iHostART receive DDoS

We try for fix

For real time uptime check https://uptime.ihostart.com

Regards,
    Calin

Look at that uptime lmao

• Looking how cheap their services are, I'm not even suprised about that uptime.

Thanked by 2CheepCluck FrankRuan
  • LeviLevi Member

50% SLA.

• ErisaErisa Member

@LTniger said:
    50% SLA.

0% SLA. You get what you're given.

• @BilohBucks said:
    Looking how cheap their services are, I'm not even suprised about that uptime.

It's still far better than Nexusbytes's 100% uptime till these day

Thanked by 1default
  • I have higher uptime on my home workstation, despite PSU and UPS failed repeatedly recently.

You can see the repair pictures here!

And this is the yearly uptime:

Hello, here it is not about a power outage and about a DDoS attack, if you check the https://uptime.ihostart.com and give in the past, for example in the last 4 weeks there was no downtime problem, the problem is the DDoS attacks that when it appears we keep the entire network down. We received so much DDoS and so often that our ISP offered us a dedicated ODB Fiber just for us to stop affecting the rest of the customers or the whole street

We tried several firewalls and methods of mitigare, and some of them work, but when you mimic a method of attack, appears another new

We try to make an anti-ddos protection directly from the backbone in the future and is on our tasks, just that it is very very expensive

Regards,
    Calin

• @Calin said:
    Hello, here it is not about a power outage and about a DDoS attack, if you check the https://uptime.ihostart.com and give in the past, for example in the last 4 weeks there was no downtime problem, the problem is the DDoS attacks that when it appears we keep the entire network down. We received so much DDoS and so often that our ISP offered us a dedicated ODB Fiber just for us to stop affecting the rest of the customers or the whole street

We tried several firewalls and methods of mitigare, and some of them work, but when you mimic a method of attack, appears another new

We try to make an anti-ddos protection directly from the backbone in the future and is on our tasks, just that it is very very expensive

Regards,
    Calin

Get BGP.
    Get a dedi/router from Voxility in Romania(it wont be expensive, it doesn't have to be from them directly - just has to support BGP).
    Route traffic(GRE) through it first.

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 2023

If part of the problem is caused by spambots aggressively crawling your customers' websites, maybe an IP-based filter with ProjectHoneyPot could mitigate the overload? This works locally without third-party dependencies, by looking up any IP address you want against a list of spambot IP addresses that is distributed via DNS.

Edit:

Project Honey Pot can parse requests asynchronously under your own control script, all that is needed is an IP lookup against a blacklist distributed via DNS. It's the most powerful IP address filter against web spam in my experience.

• ntlxntlx Member

@davide said:
    If part of the problem is caused by spambots aggressively crawling your customers' websites, maybe an IP-based filter with ProjectHoneyPot could mitigate the overload? This works locally without third-party dependencies, by looking up any IP address you want against a list of spambot IP addresses that is distributed via DNS.

Edit:

Project Honey Pot can parse requests asynchronously under your own control script, all that is needed is an IP lookup against a blacklist distributed via DNS. It's the most powerful IP address filter against web spam in my experience.

Seconding the recommendation for PHP, very effective tool.

• cioancioan Member

Just what I saw this and I know that Calin is a old scammer in this forum but dude.. this is not good..

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ihostart.com

edited March 2023

Hello, that it s wrong @cioan please check, all messages were on the same day posted, we know about this incident, we had a client who was doing IP Spoofing on our servers and we suspended it, because of those our website received DDoS, the customer is now upset

About Tunnel or Voxility, it s not possible, I m try this option and I have encountered many problems

Regards,
    Calin

• cioancioan Member

Calin, is not your first time to attempt a scam here.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3456364#Comment_3456364

Hello, we are trying to take this type of accusations very seriously, can you give me a proof? That the company iHostART.Com by this legal presence MAN Hosting GMB H S.R.L tried to steal someone's money or did not deliver the services to a customer?

Regards,
    Calin

• VoidVoid Member
    edited March 2023

@cioan said:
    Just what I saw this and I know that Calin is a old scammer in this forum but dude.. this is not good..

“scammed me and my friends for over 10k”
    :D

Yeah right. Totally legit review lmao

For what it's worth, Calin is at least honest about the service issues, unlike some other providers who keep gaslighting and treating users like shit.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • cioancioan Member

@Calin said:
    Hello, we are trying to take this type of accusations very seriously, can you give me a proof? That the company iHostART.Com by this legal presence MAN Hosting GMB H S.R.L tried to steal someone's money or did not deliver the services to a customer?

Regards,
    Calin

Dude, your legal presence in Romania is zero, you activity is transporting goods, not web services/hosting like others hosting company.
    Maybe ANAF (Fiscal Service of Romania) doesn't know but will be for sure.
    I'm not your client, but you like to scam people, and i have seen that on your discord chat and reviews are not there because people hate you, is because you scam people with your services and you even don't care.
    I hope your wooden eco friendly racks will break and you will be more serious, not a child.

• @jmaxwell said:

@cioan said:

“scammed me and my friends for over 10k”
    :D

Yeah right. Totally legit review lmao

For what it's worth, Calin is at least honest about the service issues, unlike some other providers who keep gaslighting and treating users like shit.

Scammer or not, it remains to be seen. So far the track record is good for the last year, as there are no important complaints to define as scam. Ordering needs to be taken with a grain of salt though, since Calin was known for scamming people using the previous brand (fastvds.ro) while selling SWAP as RAM.

All in all, the guy seems to have changed or grow up so far. Trust or not, every customer can decide for themselves.

Thanked by 1cioan
  • TurnerTurner Member
    edited March 2023

Since there's so much hate, I'd like to share my positive experience. Calin was willing to work with me on a custom Dedicated Server offer, and it has worked out quite well. Besides the little network issues on the 22nd and 23rd, service has been great. (Only recently got Hetrix running)

Thanked by 1Calin
  • MrRobMrRob Member

What occurs to me that the DDOs you are getting is because of this supposed scam, it is strange that on your discord new accounts post just scams. everything is new. i hope you can mitigate this DDos even from your website.
    And about the customers you currently have are not affected.

Thanked by 1Calin