Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor with their Backuply Backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor with their Backuply Backups

Hello,

Anyone here is using Virtualizor along with their Backuply feature for full KVM guest backups ? How is your experience with backups and restore ?? (And the time to backup?)
They do support Incremental backups for the KVM VPS and I am considering to use it but trying to get some feedback from people already using it.

In case you are not using their Backuply feature. What else would you recommend for KVM backups to remote storage ? (Possibly Incremental ones? )

Thanks

Comments

• UmairUmair Member

Not a single person here using them ? :o

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Umair said:
    Not a single person here using them ? :o

No, but only because I thought "Backuply" referred to their Wordpress product with the exact same name: https://backuply.com/

Though the Virtualizor Backuply docs makes it seem like it's an actual worthwhile product: https://www.virtualizor.com/docs/backuply/

No idea why they chose to have two different backup products named the same thing that are for two greatly different use cases, though.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

Adding Backuply doubles the price of Virtualizor. No thanks.

• UmairUmair Member

@MannDude said:
    No idea why they chose to have two different backup products named the same thing that are for two greatly different use cases, though.

I agree. I have no idea why they thought of that. It makes it really confusing especially when their own website backuply.com makes it sound like a plugins for WordPress only.

@LittleCreek said:
    Adding Backuply doubles the price of Virtualizor. No thanks.

Are there other backup systems for incremental backups for KVM based setup which are less costly ??

I mean, if you have server hosting a few KVM VPS, what would you use for automated incremental backups of KVM guests?? (I am not asking about setting up backing up within VPS. More like from the host side)

I have been hearing about Proxmox Backup Server but I am not 100% sure if it will work the same with a node setup using Virtualizor.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I don't understand but "virtualizor" itself is confusing name, so do Backuply, probably they give very little effort in naming the product.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • vbavba Member
    edited March 2023

I use virtualizor but I don't use backuply, I do backup using built-in features, instead of adding $10 fee

Virtualizor support also not helping as before,
    What's more, there is a new support member, his name is "Rohit", he is a complete amateur and told to teach himself while doing support. so many useless answers

this my experiences after using virtualizor about 5 years and now looking for a replacement, currently observing virtfusion

Thanked by 2Umair VirtFusion
  • UmairUmair Member

@vba said:

I have to agree with that part. Their support is awfully slow. :(

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Saahib said:
    I don't understand but "virtualizor" itself is confusing name, so do Backuply, probably they give very little effort in naming the product.

its the result of too many cooks, spoiling the food...

@Umair said:

@vba said:

I have to agree with that part. Their support is awfully slow. :(

when you reach to a point, like every second provider is using your product, you tend not to waste money on support, rather come up with some fancy useless addons, till a competitor is back in the business

I personally know the lead dev of virtualizor, he is a nice guy

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

by the way, is any one using webuzo?

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@agentmishra said:
    when you reach to a point, like every second provider is using your product, you tend not to waste money on support, rather come up with some fancy useless addons, till a competitor is back in the business

I personally know the lead dev of virtualizor, he is a nice guy

Their support is good, try their live chat and you will know. Ticket based support should be used for non-pressing matters.