Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHcloud India Datacenter Network - Optimisations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHcloud India Datacenter Network - Optimisations

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2023 in Providers

Hi LET community,

As you might already be aware by now, we have just opened our latest datacenter in Mumbai, India and as part of the expansion and our continuous commitment to improve our services, we are gathering feedbacks from you, the community in order to enhance the overall network connectivity and experience of our latest offering.

Would like to see some improvements on the OVHcloud Network?
Please feel free to send us your traceroute results to our public mailing list for further investigations:

1. To run a traceroute on Linux, enter the following terminal command: traceroute bom.proof.ovh.net (or your OVH server IP)
  2. To run a traceroute on Windows, enter the following command line: tracert bom.proof.ovh.net (or your OVH server IP)
  3. Save the traceroute results
  4. Send a blank email to [email protected]
  5. Follow the instructions in the automated reply to sign up to the mailing list
  6. Send your traceroute results to [email protected] and the team will investigate

Tools:

Thanked by 2OhJohn tushaar

Comments

• I believe that there is a country on this planet that has a physical location in Asia, but a network location in America or Europe(lol

Thanked by 2kkrajk greentea
  • @OVH_APAC next dc should be at hyderabad for better latency at 4 metros instead of just 1...

Thanked by 1greentea
  • alt_alt_ Member
    edited March 2023

Would that be easier to open a form for receiving traceroute result instead of email? Also it would be great to have a small reward for beta testing.

Thanked by 1darthShadow
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@alt_ said:
    Would that be easier to open a form for receiving traceroute result instead of email? Also it would be great to have a small reward for beta testing.

Hello @alt_said, ideally this type of improvement request are opened by creating a ticket via the OVHcloud control panel, however I understand not everyone will have an account yet and might want to check the latency before buying. Will bring up your suggestion with the network team.

For info, the latest improvement is with Amazon Asia Pacific - Mumbai (AS16509 52.66.66.2) now down to few ms.
    https://bom1-ynm1.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS16509-ap-south-1

• alt_alt_ Member

@OVH_APAC said:

@alt_ said:

Hello @alt_said, ideally this type of improvement request are opened by creating a ticket via the OVHcloud control panel, however I understand not everyone will have an account yet and might want to check the latency before buying. Will bring up your suggestion with the network team.

For info, the latest improvement is with Amazon Asia Pacific - Mumbai (AS16509 52.66.66.2) now down to few ms.
    https://bom1-ynm1.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS16509-ap-south-1

I see, glad to see some improvements through optimization requests.

• hochthocht Member

@OVH_APAC said:

@OVH_APAC How about Google Forms or similar services? I guess he wasn't talking about tickets.

• The asia ovh server using cloudflare cdn (AS13335) will be interrupted abnormally from time to time, please notify the technical optimization