Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudpanel and your experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudpanel and your experience

I had used cyberpanel which give me great performance without any hustle. I was trying cloudpanel, seems to be good. But it will better if you will share your experience with cloudpanel. Also if you can, suggest me some tweaks to maximize the performance.

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• Used cyberpanel for some time previously, but their development... you don't know if you wanna cry or laugh most of the times.
    Changed to cloudpanel, and on the same website I have either the same performance or better than I had on cyberpanel. (I know this from: pagespeed, gtmetrix, real user analytics, benchmarks)
    The only downside of cloudpanel is not being open-source

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @Rosebelle said:
    Used cyberpanel for some time previously, but their development... you don't know if you wanna cry or laugh most of the times.
    Changed to cloudpanel, and on the same website I have either the same performance or better than I had on cyberpanel. (I know this from: pagespeed, gtmetrix, real user analytics, benchmarks)
    The only downside of cloudpanel is not being open-source

I'm quite opposite of you. I used to use CloudPanel, but knowing that even OLS (Open LiteSpeed) could outperform Nginx, then i migrated to CyberPanel.

Even if i talked about performance, CloudPanel (Nginx + Varnish) still behind WordOps or Webinoly (Nginx + FastCGI Cache). That's according to my benchmark.

Thanked by 1themew
  • Explored Cloudpanel for our usecase, and using Cyberpanel at the moment.

Cloudpanel doesn't want to implement OLS and stick with Nginx.
    To mitigate the resource usage, they were going with varnish + Nginx (as OLS caches internally), but in general that stack though very good is known to give headache due to config issues.

Another major con, why we dropped Cloudpanel is, they don't want to manage or install Email Server at all and want to stick with webserver only.

• greenteagreentea Member
    edited March 2023

Another major con, why we dropped Cloudpanel is, they don't want to manage or install Email Server at all and want to stick with webserver only.

I take that as a huge pro. @jar always says to leave email to the experts and I much rather them focus their development and buildout on web.

I've used cloudpanel for the better part of a year now and I love it! It's fast, modern, secure and easy to configure out of the box. The development team is very responsive to requests and frequently guides users on discord.

I highly recommend it.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Never heard of cloudpanel. I am using cyberpanel, pretty nice, but it sometimes has some weird bugs.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Cloudpanel is amazing! Now using it over Hestia, after DA of course.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @febryanvaldo said: Even if i talked about performance, CloudPanel (Nginx + Varnish) still behind WordOps or Webinoly (Nginx + FastCGI Cache). That's according to my benchmark.

If you need complex caching (for ecommerce kind of page) Varnish is the best but, for normal websites especially wordpress without woocommerce, Nginx + FastCGI is the best to handle more request. If you can share your benchmarks it will be great and helpfull for others.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@febryanvaldo said: Even if i talked about performance, CloudPanel (Nginx + Varnish) still behind WordOps or Webinoly (Nginx + FastCGI Cache). That's according to my benchmark.

If you need complex caching (for ecommerce kind of page) Varnish is the best but, for normal websites especially wordpress without woocommerce, Nginx + FastCGI is the best to handle more request. If you can share your benchmarks it will be great and helpfull for others.

Hello, yes. I understand. It was in the late 2021 i did some benchmarks, using Loader.io, Locust, Apache Bench, and other tools, and i found out Nginx and FastCGI Cache still the best, but cannot come close to OLS in terms of performance and request the server can handle per second.

• @febryanvaldo said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@febryanvaldo said: Even if i talked about performance, CloudPanel (Nginx + Varnish) still behind WordOps or Webinoly (Nginx + FastCGI Cache). That's according to my benchmark.

Hello, yes. I understand. It was in the late 2021 i did some benchmarks, using Loader.io, Locust, Apache Bench, and other tools, and i found out Nginx and FastCGI Cache still the best, but cannot come close to OLS in terms of performance and request the server can handle per second.

Thats True, OLS with LS Cache can handle more.