Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup root Server cancelation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup root Server cancelation

adnsadns Member

Hello,

I have an RS without contract (it is already expired) but with 6 mo billing period at netcup.

If I cancel that after the payment, if I know well, they will chargeback my money. If I pay the 6 mo billing period, and the payd month is my last month, they will send my money back.

I can't find any information about this on their website. Are they send it back to my PayPal, or what way? I'm in EU but not in Germany.

Thanks!

Comments

• Its netcup, your married for life with it.

If you cancel it, the best that can happen is that you only need to pay for another month.

If you chargeback, they will sell your loans to local collection agency and report you on fraudrecord.com to other providers as well.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • ofitofit Member

Why don't you ask them? They will issue a negative invoice which they can pay via Swift, SEPA or paypal.

• adnsadns Member

@stefeman said:
    Its netcup, your married for life with it.

If you cancel it, the best that can happen is that you only need to pay for another month.

If you chargeback, they will sell your loans to local collection agency and report you on fraudrecord.com to other providers as well.

Yes, I know about their payment and billing policy. When I cancel, I must pay the next invoice it is OK. But they will send my money back (the left 5 months by the billed time) and the question about it's way. Do they use PayPal for this or need bank account information?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@adns said: Yes, I know about their payment and billing policy. When I cancel, I must pay the next invoice it is OK. But they will send my money back (the left 5 months by the billed time) and the question about it's way. Do they use PayPal for this or need bank account information?

If you're in the EU, netcup will prefer to do a SEPA transfer, so you will need to give them your bank account information (they will ask for this information)

Thanked by 1adns
  • adnsadns Member

@angstrom said:

@adns said: Yes, I know about their payment and billing policy. When I cancel, I must pay the next invoice it is OK. But they will send my money back (the left 5 months by the billed time) and the question about it's way. Do they use PayPal for this or need bank account information?

If you're in the EU, netcup will prefer to do a SEPA transfer, so you will need to give them your bank account information (they will ask for this information)

Thanks for your help!:) Is Revolut SEPA compatible?

@adns said:

@angstrom said:

Good question. I don't have Revolut, so I couldn't say

You don't have a normal bank account? :)

Thanked by 1adns
  • adnsadns Member

@angstrom said:

@adns said:

@angstrom said:

I have normal bank account, but for these server / VPS related transactions I prefer Revolut, it is easier and linked to my PayPal. But I will use my normal bank account, because I can't find good description about SEPA process at Revolut but my bank provided it. I like challenges:D, but the netcup cancelation is enough so I don't try with Revolut.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@adns said:

@angstrom said:

@adns said:

@angstrom said:

I have normal bank account, but for these server / VPS related transactions I prefer Revolut, it is easier and linked to my PayPal. But I will use my normal bank account, because I can't find good description about SEPA process at Revolut but my bank provided it. I like challenges:D, but the netcup cancelation is enough so I don't try with Revolut.

I suspect that Revolut do support SEPA transfers, but it's not so easy to find a straightforward answer to this, not to mention there may be conditions and/or fees associated with SEPA transfers, so I would play it safe and use a normal bank account for the reception of SEPA transfers (especially from conservative netcup :) )

Of course, it's another matter to use Revolut to pay for servers