Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudJiffy - Cloud Made Simple!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudJiffy - Cloud Made Simple!

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi LET members,

Trust all is well at your end.

I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks ( providing Cloud and Hosting since 2006! )

Looking for Robust, reliable and simple hosting solution? Look no further. Presenting CloudJiffy - Simple Container based automated platform that can reduce your DevOps time and efforts at the same time reduce your hosting cost upto 75%.

How do we do this?

• Simple UI: No configurations required. Simply pick your stack and one of our 3 locations (India, Germany and the US) and the platform will set everything up for you.

• Easy to set up CICD pipeline with zero downtime deployment options

• Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling in real time with no downtime..

• Pay as you consume pricing options.

What other inbuilt features are available?

CloudJiffy’s primary goal is to reduce your efforts and make hosting easy. Hence we have integrate a variety of features with just a few clicks:

• Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
  • FTP
  • File editor
  • Logs
  • Inbuilt monitoring system with alerts
  • Inbuilt Statistics of usage
  • One Click SSH in the browser
  • One click cloning
  • Configurable software firewall with each instance

How do you reduce cost?

From our experience an average user uses only 25%-30% of the VPS instance that they purchase but pay for the complete plan. Which means they are also paying for the 70%-75% of unused resources.

We charge based on actual consumption on an hourly basis.You only pay for the resources you consume. So you only pay for the actual 25%- 30% you consume. If you stop your instances, we don’t charge you for compute resources - perfect for LET idlers!

Want a trial? Click here for 14 days free trial.

Watch a 2 minute video

Need a demo of the platform or Need more information? Schedule a call with us and get a $10 bonus to try us out.

Thanked by 1harrison

Comments

• ZyraZyra Member

nice

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @leapswitch said: perfect for LET idlers!

I'm in this description and I don't like it

Nice offer!
    However, LET users idle VPS instances not containers.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@harrison said:

@leapswitch said: perfect for LET idlers!

I'm in this description and I don't like it

Nice offer!
    However, LET users idle VPS instances not containers.

Haha, idling is almost free with containers 😜

• CDN 7USD/GB???????????

@sreekanth850 said:
    CDN 7USD/GB???????????

Not sure where you see this, it is $0.1/GB

• @leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:
    CDN 7USD/GB???????????

I thought it was in usd. Its 7 Rs.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Hello.
    I noticed that the panel isn't responsive for mobile?

edited March 2023

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:
    CDN 7USD/GB???????????

I thought it was in usd. Its 7 Rs.

Yes, that's correct. We use Verizon's CDN.

@BasToTheMax said:
    Hello.
    I noticed that the panel isn't responsive for mobile?

Yes, it isn't. It is currently far too complex to fit in a mobile screen with Web based SSH, File management, code editor etc. I highly recommend using it on a laptop/desktop.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax

I don't think this pricing is correct.
    $120 for one reserved cloudlet? :flushed:

• Looks like a nice idea in theory, and an interesting implementation. I'm personally not a fan of the privacy policy or TOS, so I won't be signing up, but other people might be perfectly happy with it or not care about that. Good luck with it, has potential though. I think there's a market for it.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax

@BasToTheMax said:

Could you DM me your email address so we can look up your account? This could be an issue similar to the one above with currency.

@jlet88 said:
    Looks like a nice idea in theory, and an interesting implementation. I'm personally not a fan of the privacy policy or TOS, so I won't be signing up, but other people might be perfectly happy with it or not care about that. Good luck with it, has potential though. I think there's a market for it.

Could you share more details on what part of the privacy policy or TOS you are concerned with ?

@leapswitch said:

@BasToTheMax said:

Could you DM me your email address so we can look up your account? This could be an issue similar to the one above with currency.

DM sent!

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited March 2023

Is this a jelastic reselling platform?

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited March 2023

@leapswitch said:

@jlet88 said:
    Looks like a nice idea in theory, and an interesting implementation. I'm personally not a fan of the privacy policy or TOS, so I won't be signing up, but other people might be perfectly happy with it or not care about that. Good luck with it, has potential though. I think there's a market for it.

Could you share more details on what part of the privacy policy or TOS you are concerned with ?

As I mentioned, other people might be perfectly happy with it or not care about it. I'm definitely not criticizing you or your company though. And like I mentioned, the idea is a nice one, and I wish you best of luck. I think there's a market for you.

For me, personally, I prefer providers with a much stronger privacy protection and better TOS/AUP, not to mention the legal jurisdictions that you list. It looks like a merge of different templates, without really sitting down with lawyers who know the big issues. That's fine, most providers don't have the budget to do that, but at least fill out the template and be 100% consistent. And again, many other people might not care. I actually read the TOS before I agree to it though.

But I will list a few of the sections or lines of your Privacy Policy/ TOS/AUP that don't appeal to me:

In the section about what you collect and what you do with it, it's quite nebulous about "any other information you send to Cloudjiffy" and "preferences and interests" and "other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers"... etc... and "publish information about you on the website" and "send you marketing communications" and so forth. I'm personally not interested in any of that, and none of that is needed to run a great hosting service with legit customers.

You mention "whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes" and also "personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world. You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information." Totally not necessary and then also rather wide-ranging and invasive... not to mention I shouldn't have to look around for a box to indicate that I don't want my information used for marketing... that should be by default opt-out. Not something I have to be looking for to manually opt-out.

And I don't like it when a company is obviously using a template and doesn't finish filling it in: "Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of [business name]." I mean, at least finish filling it in.

All that is stuff I'm not interested in, but most people will not notice or care about or read. That's okay. That's the world we live in. Some people read the whole agreement though.

Also, and most importantly, it's not clear what jurisdiction I would be dealing with -- you mention "Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data, or material in violation of any United States Federal, State, or City law is prohibited," but then you also say, "All matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Website shall be governed by the statutes and laws of India and the United States of America, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof." And in another section you mention, "may be governed by your state/federal government."

So that's potentially a lot of jurisdictions. Won't get into why that's a problem for some people, but the language of your documents should probably be revised and cleaned up to define what you really want to say, instead of kind of whatever the templates said.

And one sentence is definitely not great... "...without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof." -- whoever wrote the template is just throwing legalese around now, there's clearly a huge number of conflicts with US and Indian law when it comes to online regulations, I won't go into it, I'm sure you are (hopefully) familiar with some of it.

Anyway, I could go on, it's not important. I'll leave it there, and I wish you good luck. The idea is theoretically neat, but the policies are not for me, personally, but that's okay. Cheers and best wishes with your project. Like I said, I think there is a market for it.

@jlet88 said:

@leapswitch said:

@jlet88 said:

As I mentioned, other people might be perfectly happy with it or not care about it. I'm definitely not criticizing you or your company though. And like I mentioned, the idea is a nice one, and I wish you best of luck. I think there's a market for you.

For me, personally, I prefer providers with a much stronger privacy protection and better TOS/AUP, not to mention the legal jurisdictions that you list. It looks like a merge of different templates, without really sitting down with lawyers who know the big issues. That's fine, most providers don't have the budget to do that, but at least fill out the template and be 100% consistent. And again, many other people might not care. I actually read the TOS before I agree to it though.

But I will list a few of the sections or lines of your Privacy Policy/ TOS/AUP that don't appeal to me:

In the section about what you collect and what you do with it, it's quite nebulous about "any other information you send to Cloudjiffy" and "preferences and interests" and "other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers"... etc... and "publish information about you on the website" and "send you marketing communications" and so forth. I'm personally not interested in any of that, and none of that is needed to run a great hosting service with legit customers.

You mention "whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes" and also "personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world. You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information." Totally not necessary and then also rather wide-ranging and invasive... not to mention I shouldn't have to look around for a box to indicate that I don't want my information used for marketing... that should be by default opt-out. Not something I have to be looking for to manually opt-out.

And I don't like it when a company is obviously using a template and doesn't finish filling it in: "Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of [business name]." I mean, at least finish filling it in.

All that is stuff I'm not interested in, but most people will not notice or care about or read. That's okay. That's the world we live in. Some people read the whole agreement though.

Also, and most importantly, it's not clear what jurisdiction I would be dealing with -- you mention "Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data, or material in violation of any United States Federal, State, or City law is prohibited," but then you also say, "All matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Website shall be governed by the statutes and laws of India and the United States of America, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof." And in another section you mention, "may be governed by your state/federal government."

So that's potentially a lot of jurisdictions. Won't get into why that's a problem for some people, but the language of your documents should probably be revised and cleaned up to define what you really want to say, instead of kind of whatever the templates said.

And one sentence is definitely not great... "...without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof." -- whoever wrote the template is just throwing legalese around now, there's clearly a huge number of conflicts with US and Indian law when it comes to online regulations, I won't go into it, I'm sure you are (hopefully) familiar with some of it.

Anyway, I could go on, it's not important. I'll leave it there, and I wish you good luck. The idea is theoretically neat, but the policies are not for me, personally, but that's okay. Cheers and best wishes with your project. Like I said, I think there is a market for it.

Thank you for your feedback. The policies are definitely adapted from templates but we have a legal firm working on creating custom policies specific to our cloud and bare metal solutions.