Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New platform, new features, more affordable way to replace Vultar, Linode, DO etc. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New platform, new features, more affordable way to replace Vultar, Linode, DO etc.

2»

Comments

• @reb0rn said:
    Can you check just created VPS assigned ipv4 is 2.2.2.8 i guess something gone wrong

Not really. It is due to the fact that there is no internet connection for the VMs in the demo environment. I'll get back to you on this today.

• henryvpshenryvps Member
    edited March 2023

Sharing with you a very fresh production deployment that also has internet access from VMs. That will obviously fix SSH access. The coupon code (edgefree20) is included in the URL: https://app.edgeqloud.com/referral/edgefree20

Keep me posted. :smile:

• Hi, I also created an account and it doesnt have internet access and I cant login via SSH.

• So you work with only established players or willing to open for someone who want to start with their existing local market experience?

• @henryvps said: posted.

@darkkiss said:
    Hi, I also created an account and it doesnt have internet access and I cant login via SSH.

Like I said. You can access the VM via virtual console via the panel. To prevent malicious users we have restricted internet access. You can also use 20 USD free credits on this production environtment that has even more features than the demo: https://app.edgeqloud.com/referral/edgefree20

• @sreekanth850 said:
    So you work with only established players or willing to open for someone who want to start with their existing local market experience?

Not only established players. Starting out a business at your local market is totally OK as long as you have the means that motivation to start a successful business. :smile: Where is your local market exactly?

• @henryvps said:

@sreekanth850 said:
    So you work with only established players or willing to open for someone who want to start with their existing local market experience?

Not only established players. Starting out a business at your local market is totally OK as long as you have the means that motivation to start a successful business. :smile: Where is your local market exactly?

India, Kerala. One of my friend is interested when i shared your whitepaper. He is doing a market study right now to understand feasibility. Here we have plenty of opportunity in local business.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@henryvps said:

@sreekanth850 said:

India, Kerala. One of my friend is interested when i shared your whitepaper. He is doing a market study right now to understand feasibility. Here we have plenty of opportunity in local business.

Let me know in case of any questions. Happy to help.

• @henryvps said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@henryvps said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Let me know in case of any questions. Happy to help.

Sure.

• @Evan_H said:
    Hi, I'm glad to be one of the first testers.

Firstly it's worth mentioning that the platform is very beautiful and simple, where users can find needed features quickly.
    I believe the prices shown are not final? Because it doesn't seem to be as competitive as described.
    Also the server creation process was significantly slower than Vultar and DO.
    Btw the test environment was not connected to the network, so more testing about the VPS could not be done.

We've made the creation process approximately 6 times faster. Instead of 3 minutes it is now 30 seconds. The next sprint we'll finetune it further for the UX to look better too. Is it fast enough for it to be usable? Could you check and would appreciate further feedback.

• kavinkavin Member

I think this is a great start!

What I'd personally really like to see is support in Terraform, which I think should be feasible since there's APIs.

What I'd really like to see is support for cloud-init, and maybe an Alpine Linux image too.

• hi @kavin great feedback! Terraform is in the roadmap has been waiting for a good reason to prioritize it.

I believe we are using cloud-init to

Regarding to Alpine linux, this is something every provider can add themself from admin. Would you want to see the admin interface?

• kavinkavin Member

Yes, I'd love to have a look!

I feel it might be tricky to add support for Alpine Linux's cloud images, since they only offer prebuilt images for AWS.

Maybe you could prebuilt images for your platform, and offer them to providers? I'm not sure if each provider maintaining their own images, is the best idea.

Having cloud images is a requirement to support cloud-init if I'm not wrong.

You can find more details at https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/cloud/alpine-cloud-images

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider

as a testing partner with Warren, we managed to request new features which were successfully tested out by HostSailor

• Ipv6 support
    • OS Reinstall
    • OS Templates
      and more in progress.
    Thanked by 2henryvps treesmokah
  • @kavin said:
    Yes, I'd love to have a look!

I feel it might be tricky to add support for Alpine Linux's cloud images, since they only offer prebuilt images for AWS.

Maybe you could prebuilt images for your platform, and offer them to providers? I'm not sure if each provider maintaining their own images, is the best idea.

Having cloud images is a requirement to support cloud-init if I'm not wrong.

You can find more details at https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/cloud/alpine-cloud-images

With all the new onboardings this year, we have recently come to the same conclusion. :smile: We are now providing a limited set of OS and app images for the new providers.

You're right about cloud-init. For Alpine Linux, I presume you'd be after a small OS resource footprint. Have you had a chance to take a look at Unikraft? What would you think about that as a competitive edge?

• kavinkavin Member

@henryvps said:
    With all the new onboardings this year, we have recently come to the same conclusion. :smile: We are now providing a limited set of OS and app images for the new providers.

You're right about cloud-init. For Alpine Linux, I presume you'd be after a small OS resource footprint. Have you had a chance to take a look at Unikraft? What would you think about that as a competitive edge?

That's great to hear! I haven't really heard of Unikraft before, but the concept seems quite interesting. It seems relatively new too.

I can't really see myself trying this tho, since my applications already run on containers, and I feel my solutions like k3s or even vanilla docker would be more maintainable for me. The biggest problem I potentially see is maintainability and the unknown support for Linux kernel modules.

I mainly use Alpine Linux since I don't really like systemd's bloat in ram usage, but that's a personal opinion.