Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH India Discovery Offer £48.99 ex. VAT/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH India Discovery Offer £48.99 ex. VAT/month

India Discovery Offer
44%¹ off for as long as you keep your server
No setup fees. No commitment required
Offer limited to the first 300 servers ordered

• Select India as your Data Center location to activate the offer -
    From
    £48.99 ex. VAT/month
    or £58.79 incl. VAT/month

This server offers optimal performance, thanks to its very high-frequency hexacore processor. With the latest Intel® Rocket Lake-E processor and NVMe SSD disks, you can host your business websites and software with total peace of mind.

The advanced security feature (Intel® SGX) also helps improve application and data protection, by safeguarding against data disclosure or modification.

This entry-level platform is available with 1Gbit/s public and private bandwidth.

Intel® Rocket Lake-E Processor
PCIe Gen4 Controller
Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX)

https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-gb/bare-metal/advance/adv-1/

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

One server option, 6c/12t CPU. The configurable RAM and drive options are good, but surprised they only started off with that CPU.

25TB bandwidth, no upgrade option.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

Hi @MikeA , we will be adding upgrade option in the coming months, stay tuned!

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

@OVH_APAC said:

Please don't make the only option 25TB or full gigabit unmetered like some other locations :smile: One downside of using OVH is if you need more bandwidth, you either are stuck small or have to pay like $600+ for full port. Kind of sucks OVH APAC locations don't allow incremental upgrades of like 5-10TB.

• tomcbtomcb Member

It seems that the routes around the world go around North America

Why not just buy servers from North America.

@MikeA said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Please don't make the only option 25TB or full gigabit unmetered like some other locations :smile: One downside of using OVH is if you need more bandwidth, you either are stuck small or have to pay like $600+ for full port. Kind of sucks OVH APAC locations don't allow incremental upgrades of like 5-10TB.

Thank you for the feedback @MikeA , I will bring this up internally for all OVHcloud Dedicated Servers hosted in APAC (Australia, Singapore and India datacenter).

Thanked by 1MikeA

@tomcb said:
    It seems that the routes around the world go around North America

Why not just buy servers from North America.

Hello @tomcb,
    Feel free to send us a traceroute in PM, we will get our network team to check this out / improve or fix routing as needed.

• @OVH_APAC you guys really are bad, you havent replied to my tickets, and so i requested for cancellation, which i raised on 8th, which has not been work on yet.
    have you fired your customer relations team ?
    the termination of contract ticket is open since 03/04/2023 and still no reply.

People please, don't use OVH services. Their customer service is non existent. at this point i have lost my 67$

• @shreyasubale said:
    @OVH_APAC you guys really are bad, you havent replied to my tickets, and so i requested for cancellation, which i raised on 8th, which has not been work on yet.
    have you fired your customer relations team ?
    the termination of contract ticket is open since 03/04/2023 and still no reply.

People please, don't use OVH services. Their customer service is non existent. at this point i have lost my 67$

You are asking people not to use OVH service but not saying what was the issue or why did you cancelled. Can you elaborate more on this what issue did you faced while ordering new servers and why actually you cancelled service

• shreyasubaleshreyasubale Member
    edited April 2023

@sreekanth850 yeah sorry - i guess my message did not explain the context
    So the issue is customer service - how can i trust a company which does not respond to a ticket, even 15 days after raising it ( i also messaged them on twitter ) can be trusted with running production servers ? The initial ticket was around the time taken for provisioning - which took its own time( i mean the reply ), but i had already decided that i don't want to go ahead with the company by then.

So i cancelled , even before my server was provisioned. They provisioned it anyway and then proceeded to ignore all communication from my side.

That was the reason was the rant on this forum. I think they will just charge me for the whole month and then it will be auto cancelled when i dont pay for next month. I am very happy i didn't do any kind of long term commitment. I went with @leapswitch and their customer service has been good and they reply in a very respectable timeframe. I didn't even touch the server from OVH

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited April 2023

@shreyasubale said:
    @sreekanth850 yeah sorry - i guess my message did not explain the context
    So the issue is customer service - how can i trust a company which does not respond to a ticket, even 15 days after raising it ( i also messaged them on twitter ) can be trusted with running production servers ? The initial ticket was around the time taken for provisioning - which took its own time( i mean the reply ), but i had already decided that i don't want to go ahead with the company by then.

So i cancelled , even before my server was provisioned. They provisioned it anyway and then proceeded to ignore all communication from my side.

That was the reason was the rant on this forum. I think they will just charge me for the whole month and then it will be auto cancelled when i dont pay for next month. I am very happy i didn't do any kind of long term commitment.

You never mentioned why you raised the ticket. OVH is an unmanaged service, unless you have a hardware issue, why should they support. Also they have different levels of support plans if you want it. This is the case of almost all those unmanaged service providers. Its not about provisioning the server, you had ordered a server and if they have cancellation policy in place, i think they will cancel your order and give the money back with in 7 or 14 days. OVH will not take money without providing service.

• i understand its an unmanaged server , but this is about their services, provisioning etc. I am not complaining about my applications , but the server status itself. All other providers i have worked with , do respond to the ticket maximum within 24 hours, but more then 7 days is unacceptable

I did mention why i raised ticket. please read through my reply carefully. I am not sure why you are defending OVH here, but waiting for more then 7 days for a ticket to close for me at least , is unacceptable. If its okay for you, please go ahead and use the services. But i think in this day and age, this long time for a hosting provider to reply to your query is unacceptable.

One of my tickets was raised on ( 03/04/2023 ). Now i don't need to provide you the contents of the ticket, it should suffice to say that the ticket has not been replied to as of today.

If you are okay for your hosting providers to not reply to you for more then 10 days, please go ahead and use ovh services ( i don't know why someone would want to though ). I would still stand by my suggestion and give it a hard pass.

Thanked by 1Azenot
  • @shreyasubale said:
    i understand its an unmanaged server , but this is about their services, provisioning etc. I am not complaining about my applications , but the server status itself. All other providers i have worked with , do respond to the ticket maximum within 24 hours, but more then 7 days is unacceptable

I did mention why i raised ticket. please read through my reply carefully. I am not sure why you are defending OVH here, but waiting for more then 7 days for a ticket to close for me at least , is unacceptable. If its okay for you, please go ahead and use the services. But i think in this day and age, this long time for a hosting provider to reply to your query is unacceptable.

One of my tickets was raised on ( 03/04/2023 ). Now i don't need to provide you the contents of the ticket, it should suffice to say that the ticket has not been replied to as of today.

If you are okay for your hosting providers to not reply to you for more then 10 days, please go ahead and use ovh services ( i don't know why someone would want to though ). I would still stand by my suggestion and give it a hard pass.

It depends, for me i had been using OVH for 2 years without any issues. They were rock solid without having any issues. Yes their support is slow but that's the case when almost everything automated. I think you had a bad time with them. Anyway good luck with leap switch they are also good provider.

• Good if it works for you. I would personally never go for a company which takes > 10 days for a reply on a ticket.

@shreyasubale said:
    Good if it works for you. I would personally never go for a company which takes > 10 days for a reply on a ticket.

Hello @shreyasubale, sorry to hear about your recent experience, would you please advise your ticket number or an order number so we can further assist? Thanks

Hi all, for info we now have Advance-2, 3, 4 available in Mumbai, India. Options ranging from Intel Xeon E, AMD Ryzen to Epyc. More details available here: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/lp/india-datacenter/