Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone at Vultr Must Have Taken an Upselling Webinar
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone at Vultr Must Have Taken an Upselling Webinar

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited March 2023 in General

and

Nothing wrong with this but their panel has gotten a bit pushy 😄 Still love their service.

Thanked by 2adly webcraft

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I misread that as Upsetting.

Thanked by 2etcrooty Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said: Nothing wrong with this but their panel has gotten a bit pushy

Nagware, even for the paid services :P

Thanked by 1hampered
  • HxxxHxxx Member

ok thanks for sharing

• I don't know what the story with backups is... When I set it up, it said backups are free. But now it shows that I have over 200 backups, and that's 25 cents they're owed for them.

• fartfart Member

On Safari, the options to opt out of a backup doesn't work, and I'm currently arguing with support who doesn't seem to be able to move past "resize your browser window" and "try another browser." (It works on Chrome, but they should be able to investigate it at least.)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@fart said: On Safari, the options to opt out of a backup doesn't work

Interesting...I used Safari yesterday and today, on two separate computers, without issue. macOS Ventura 13.2.1.

Not saying your issue isn't genuine, just I haven't seen it.

• adlyadly Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@fart said: On Safari, the options to opt out of a backup doesn't work

Interesting...I used Safari yesterday and today, on two separate computers, without issue. macOS Ventura 13.2.1.

Not saying your issue isn't genuine, just I haven't seen it.

Also zero issue with Safari, though I typically use the Vultr site in Edge as it doesn’t often play nice with my content blockers.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@adly said: Edge

I figured at least one person on the planet might use that browser 😆

Thanked by 2adly fart
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said: I figured at least one person on the planet might use that browser

I use 7 browsers at once with tens of tabs because I am lazy. Some have issues with memory allocation, weird behaviour (like in pop-ups with the cookies stuff, no matter what i choose it stays up in comodo) others are simply not playing nice with some sites. I am not blocking anything and most are using the same engine, at times I wonder WTF...

• adlyadly Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@adly said: Edge

I figured at least one person on the planet might use that browser 😆

Not sure how it started, but didn’t want to use Chrome and needed something compatible to test against so… Edge. 🤷‍♂️

Frankly, it’s terrible and keeps pushing a load of crap - most recently the permanent Bing button. But I haven’t got around to replacing it because it kinda just works for the intended purpose.