Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turns Out Those Sanctions Are a Real Thing. Who Knew?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turns Out Those Sanctions Are a Real Thing. Who Knew?

jenkkijenkki Member
edited March 2023 in Reviews

Important information about the suspension of service to customers from Russia and Belarus as of April 1, 2023.

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that due to current regulatory and legal restrictions, we will be unable to continue providing hosting services to residents of Russia and Belarus.

Gcore will discontinue providing hosting services to such customers on March 31, 2023.

Based on the information you have provided to us, including your payment method, billing address, and phone (when available), as well as data automatically collected by our system, such as your IP address, it appears that your country of residence is either Russia or Belarus.

If you believe that your country of residence has been incorrectly identified, please take the following actions as soon as possible, but no later than March 31, 2023.

Please provide the following information to our technical support:

Country of residence
City
Address
ZIP code
Phone number

Also please remember to update your payment method after we update your account data.

Your account will be suspended, if you do not update your residence information by March 31, 2023.

For your convenience, we will allow retrieval and transfer of affected data until May 1, 2023. After this date, your data will be permanently deleted. You will also be able to update your residence and renew services after the suspension of services, but only before your account and data are deleted. To do this, please contact our technical support.

Your team will help you to navigate through this change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and want to reassure you that we remain dedicated to providing exceptional services to our clients worldwide.

Thank you for your understanding!

Sincerely,

Gcore

Comments

• ofitofit Member

What location of VPS?

• Where's the review here? Nice title bait.

• @ofit said: What location of VPS?

They have many locations.

• @CyberneticTitan said: Where's the review here? Nice title bait.

May be in wrong cathegory.

• kaitkait Member

Nothing G-Core can do about, https://edgecenter.ru/en/ is their russian company so try that one.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

Everyones a nazi I guess?
    What do you expect them to do in this situation.

• I don't think its related direct to Ukraine. Just heads up.

Politics mixed with business?

• to be honest I do not recognize nazi behavior

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@jenkki said: I don't think its related direct to Ukraine. Just heads up.

Of course it is, without the invasion Russia would have still been participating in the world economy, also the occupied Belarus and other areas of other countries under the Russian boot. Please move the "reviews" of the imaginary "Nazi" world to the appropriate place.

• kaitkait Member

@hyperblast said: to be honest I do not recognize nazi behavior

Same, its just restrictions that G-Core can do nothing about except create a russian company to operate in those countries.

• @kait said: G-Core can do nothing about except create a russian company to operate in those countries.

They provide service only accross Russia. And prices increased 2-3 times for now.

@hyperblast said: to be honest I do not recognize nazi behavior

Every discrimination by nationality is nazi behavior.

• kaitkait Member

@jenkki said: They provide service only accross Russia. And prices increased 2-3 times for now.

Sucks for you but it isn't G-Cores fault. It is the stupid restrictions.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Nothing G-Core Labs can do. Their governing country has decided to restrict business with yours. Luckily you have options and many providers will still do business with you.

Just get a BuyVM VPS in Luxembourg if you require that location.

Thanked by 1kait
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Definitely EU sanctions, no Russian sanctions.
    Since edgecenter is still fine with EU costumers.

Just the EU brand boots people from having Russian services.

• I don't understand this completely. Who's sanctioned by whom here and why? Afaik EU don't sanction every private person from .ru or what?

• @kait said: Sucks for you but it isn't G-Cores fault. It is the stupid restrictions.

We can grow them as garbage is not a problem just surprises this manner when the business begins to mix with politics. Customs pays you money and you humiliate it on a national basis. Luxembourg is still positioned as offshore .. F..
    It resembles a situation with OVH when they blocked a lot of Chinese accounts on a national basis. Here is the Western world in which we(you) live ..

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:
    Everyones a nazi I guess?

It's quite common for Russians supportive of the current regime to misunderstand what a Nazi is. They seem to think it means anyone acting against Russia.

Thanked by 3Maounique MikeA storm
  • kaitkait Member

@jackb said: It's quite common for Russians supportive of the current regime to misunderstand what a Nazi is. They seem to think it means anyone acting against Russia.

No one knows what a real nazi is in the current political USA climate.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2023

Excessively irresponsible title when the content is added for context. You should feel bad about it.

Thanked by 3kait shelfchair emg
  • @jackb said: They seem to think it means anyone acting against Russia.

How about Belarus mentioned. They still not in war?

• @jar said: You should feel bad about it.

Just heads up. I can skip them. no problem if they sort out white from black.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited March 2023

@jenkki said:

Every discrimination by nationality is nazi behavior.

Aha...hahahaha

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2023

@hyperblast said: Aha...hahahaha

Remind me SAR in 1960's/ Everything only for white. Its almost the same but in our time.

• @jenkki said:

@hyperblast said: Aha...hahahaha

Remind me SAR in 1960's/ Everything only for white. Its almost the same but in our time.

i swear! all for yabs only!

• kaitkait Member

@jenkki stop whining, GCore did nothing wrong, get a different provider or move out of Russia. Everyone hates the situation but nothing you/we can do about it.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited March 2023

@jenkki said: We regret to inform you that due to current regulatory and legal restrictions, we will be unable to continue providing hosting services to residents of Russia and Belarus.

I am not taking sides in this specific discussion, but is this actually correct? Are there actual restrictions against every .ru and .by private person?

• @Mumbly said:
    Are there actual restrictions agains every .ru and .by private person?

of course not!

Thanked by 1kait
  • kaitkait Member

@Mumbly said: I am not taking sides in this specific discussion, but is this actually correct? Are there actual restrictions agains every .ru and .by private person?

It isn't about domains right? just hosting in general, but afaik there are no restrictions but I have asked their support. There might be some trading restrictions but afaik none that limit hosting stuff.

• @Mumbly said: Are there actual restrictions agains every .ru and .by private person?

The problem is what this does not concern any particular politician. They type block everyone in a row, although many people may not support this policy. Some bad countries outcasts. Only they are alone.

This discussion has been closed.