Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPEasy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPEasy

SashiSashi Member

Hello
As you may all know VPEasy stopped their services back in Jan. I had a yearly VPS with them with automatic payments.
My VPS was auto renewing Feb 1 and my automatic payment went through for services Feb 1 2023 to Feb 2024
I have contacted support multiple times with no response. What is my course of action here?

https://imgur.com/a/J6ObzLF

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Chargeback

• SashiSashi Member

@bruh21 said:
    Chargeback

It was a paypal payment. I actually tried that route but paypal has declined as they said it
    "The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection."

• Sorry to hear of your loss. It's the risk of doing business with anyone though. Any business can go under, but the chances are much higher on low-margin highly-competitive businesses like low-end hosting. The Feds will not bail you out.

How much did you lose?

If it's a small amount, I'd suck it up and move on, don't spend any more energy on it. Write it off as bad luck, and for your next server, pick someone who has a longer/better track record.

If it's a larger amount, it may be worth tracking down the owner of the business via different contact addresses and try to get a response. If he's a good guy, he might offer a refund since your payment went through so recently.

Good luck! And you're not alone. You roll the dice, you got unlucky this time. Get back in the game, next time hopefully will be better.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Sashi said:

@bruh21 said:
    Chargeback

It was a paypal payment. I actually tried that route but paypal has declined as they said it
    "The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection."

I wonder why PayPal said this

As far as I'm aware, VPS purchases are usually covered by PayPal Purchase Protection

• SashiSashi Member

@jlet88 said:
    Sorry to hear of your loss. It's the risk of doing business with anyone though. Any business can go under, but the chances are much higher on low-margin highly-competitive businesses like low-end hosting. The Feds will not bail you out.

How much did you lose?

If it's a small amount, I'd suck it up and move on, don't spend any more energy on it. Write it off as bad luck, and for your next server, pick someone who has a longer/better track record.

If it's a larger amount, it may be worth tracking down the owner of the business via different contact addresses and try to get a response. If he's a good guy, he might offer a refund since your payment went through so recently.

Good luck! And you're not alone. You roll the dice, you got unlucky this time. Get back in the game, next time hopefully will be better.

It was $60 so it wasn't a massive amount but its something that I wouldn't mind getting back as it still is alot for a VPS

• emghemgh Member

Call PayPal.

• emghemgh Member

If no luck, chargeback through bank/credit card.