Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend stack for email hosting services?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend stack for email hosting services?

recommend stack for email hosting service, including smtp relay and other things, I'm thinking about selling business email hosting services

Thanked by 1febryanvaldo

Comments

• https://mailu.io/1.9/
    No complete commercial solution has been found,
    but you can consider using mailu to perform domain operations and member operations by simulating form

• JarryJarry Member

@Vikasverma said:
    recommend stack for email hosting service

The one you know best. If you know the tool "A", don't try to use a tool "B" just because someone somewhere said/wrote "B is better than A".

But honestly: email hosting is reall pain in a**. Much more difficult thant web-hosting (and little reward). Are you sure you want to do it? If you are, start by dns configuration (dnssec, dane, spf, dkim/dmarc). Without it, don't even think of running mail-server...

• @Jarry said:

@Vikasverma said:

The one you know best. If you know the tool "A", don't try to use a tool "B" just because someone somewhere said/wrote "B is better than A".

But honestly: email hosting is reall pain in a**. Much more difficult thant web-hosting (and little reward). Are you sure you want to do it? If you are, start by dns configuration (dnssec, dane, spf, dkim/dmarc). Without it, don't even think of running mail-server...

Thankyou for comment , but i had already a small user base around email hosting, currently I'm using a email hosting reseller 🙂 and now thinking to deploy our own servers

• @BetaRacks said:

https://mailu.io/1.9/
    No complete commercial solution has been found,
    but you can consider using mailu to perform domain operations and member operations by simulating form

Thanks mate 😊

• chipchip Member

@Vikasverma said:

@Jarry said:

@Vikasverma said:

Thankyou for comment , but i had already a small user base around email hosting, currently I'm using a email hosting reseller 🙂 and now thinking to deploy our own servers

Stick with that you will have a very steep learning curve from a reseller to server management, Hotmail has a list you have to join... basically if anyone spams them from your servers IP they are coming for you... without that they reject your email

You need to have a reverse dns ptr zone that matches the forward lookup zone or email will be rejected, as well as SPF, DKIM, DMARC or your email is going to get rejected by a number if places for a number if reasons

• @chip said:

@Vikasverma said:

@Jarry said:

@Vikasverma said:

Stick with that you will have a very steep learning curve from a reseller to server management, Hotmail has a list you have to join... basically if anyone spams them from your servers IP they are coming for you... without that they reject your email

You need to have a reverse dns ptr zone that matches the forward lookup zone or email will be rejected, as well as SPF, DKIM, DMARC or your email is going to get rejected by a number if places for a number if reasons

Is it not a good idea to use SMTP relay services who delivers mails except our main ips ?

• htophtop Member

Try mxroute, very solid provider.

• chipchip Member

@Vikasverma said:

Is it not a good idea to use SMTP relay services who delivers mails except our main ips ?

No because quite often they end up on spam lists even the big players like mail channels end up on spam lists

The smaller ones like smtp2go, mailgun etc will nearly always have an IP or two on a blacklist somewhere

And your introducing a layer of complexity, your mail server hands off to their mail server and that needs initially to be setup and then managed.. make sure your not hitting sending limits, check how many emails you are relaying, are any of them spam? Etc etc

But when client phones you up and you can see it left your mail server and from whatever control panel your using it probably left their system... and your smtp relay says well we sent the mail it must be the recipients mail system or your configuration .... what do you do then?

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @chip said:

@Vikasverma said:

No because quite often they end up on spam lists even the big players like mail channels end up on spam lists

The smaller ones like smtp2go, mailgun etc will nearly always have an IP or two on a blacklist somewhere

And your introducing a layer of complexity, your mail server hands off to their mail server and that needs initially to be setup and then managed.. make sure your not hitting sending limits, check how many emails you are relaying, are any of them spam? Etc etc

But when client phones you up and you can see it left your mail server and from whatever control panel your using it probably left their system... and your smtp relay says well we sent the mail it must be the recipients mail system or your configuration .... what do you do then?

This is the most complex system that i ever read..!!!

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • raviravi Member
    edited March 2023

I think easiest will be:
    1) Install any control panel.
    2) Integrate mail.baby service.

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • @ravi said:
    I think easiest will be:
    1) Install any control panel.
    2) Integrate mail.baby service.

Thanks Ravi :smiley:

• This is what we use:

• Proxmox with failover storage
    • cPanel (for account provisioning for now while we develop our own integration)
    • CrossBox as Webmail integrated with Mattermost and NextCloud
    • Promox Mail Gateway as outbound spam pre-filtering
    • MailChannels for SMTP Mail deliver
    • Rspamd for incoming spam
    • WHMCS for billing
    • Proxmox backups for image backups
    • Wasabi for external second-tier backups

Working great so far

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited March 2023

Keyhelp panel has all you need!

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • @RemarkableGuille said:
    This is what we use:

• Proxmox with failover storage
    • cPanel (for account provisioning for now while we develop our own integration)
    • CrossBox as Webmail integrated with Mattermost and NextCloud
    • Promox Mail Gateway as outbound spam pre-filtering
    • MailChannels for SMTP Mail deliver
    • Rspamd for incoming spam
    • WHMCS for billing
    • Proxmox backups for image backups
    • Wasabi for external second-tier backups

Working great so far

Thankyou dude , i send you a pm pls check 🙂

• CrabCrab Member

Mxroute, that's it.

• @Crab said:
    Mxroute, that's it.

+1 and customer support replies. recommend them.

• seenuseenu Member

@Tony40 said:
    Keyhelp panel has all you need!

cyberpanel also has but not sure how well it works.

• MXRoute uses DirectAdmin for provisioning; DA and cPanel are probably the only real alternatives for a Mail Only Service (no hosting) or any other panel that you can strip all the nom-related mail features and customize the user panel to fit your needs.

I'm not aware of any mail-only control panel :disappointed:

Thanked by 1Vikasverma