Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silicon Valley Bank seized by FDIC after largest failure since the Great Recession - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Silicon Valley Bank seized by FDIC after largest failure since the Great Recession

1235»

Comments

• Hope im wrong... Hoping this is not the start... hope history does not repeat

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

TRUMP SUCKS !!

NO BIDDN !!

NAH TRUMP BRO !!

BIDEN CANT TALK HAHAHAHA !!!

TRAMP FATTIE !!

BUT BIDON AND STAIRS FALL HAHA !!

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

What I find the funniest though is watching evolution show it’s face

Everyone needs a group to belong to, in order to survive

That’s why it seems like 90 % of comments basically just flipped a coin about which old dudes dong to stroke and won’t ever stop, even though the juice never ends up flowing

Only one’s not desperately finding arguments to defend their favorite old guy are the weirdos

Yes, obviously me

Also it’s never a discussion because nobody ends up changing their mind. Everybody wants to respond to the opponent, nobody has ever responded with ”oh yeah you’re right now I’ll vote Trump”. It’s more like an anti-circle-jerk-circle-jerk

Not that anybody will go ”oh yeah you’re right I’m out” to this comment, that makes this reply just as worthless

Go at it guys!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@johnnyquestion

12 White old man would have avoided a collapse because they are by definition conservative, however they are in different places, not in a start-up bank where the new generation is learning to shape the future. In this particular case, though, it is highly unlikely they would have been able to avoid the collapse, conservatism in banking means buying bonds which is the exact cause of the collapse.

Conservatism is not bad per se, we need the old generations to continue their fight for freedom, human and civil rights etc. and it is also not bad in economy, sometimes we need to return to the basics and understand that a services-only economy is as viable as a manufacturing-only one, we need both as well as agriculture, at least for now.

What is not good is the chauvinism, the reactionary movements trying to stop progress at any price, even a civil war price, when it is actually so simple to stop worrying about others and their rights and worry about your own life and rights.

As for the "contagion", I wouldn't worry too much, this is just adjusting to a new paradigm when interest rates are no longer 0 or negative. Some people would do better others worse.

• edited March 2023

Now pricing in “The Powel Pivot” and Friday is gonna be lit

Dude you are so right, I have no idea why anyone would pick the best smelling plate of dogshit rather than not eating it.

@emgh said:
    What I find the funniest though is watching evolution show it’s face

Everyone needs a group to belong to, in order to survive

That’s why it seems like 90 % of comments basically just flipped a coin about which old dudes dong to stroke and won’t ever stop, even though the juice never ends up flowing

Only one’s not desperately finding arguments to defend their favorite old guy are the weirdos

Yes, obviously me

Also it’s never a discussion because nobody ends up changing their mind. Everybody wants to respond to the opponent, nobody has ever responded with ”oh yeah you’re right now I’ll vote Trump”. It’s more like an anti-circle-jerk-circle-jerk

Not that anybody will go ”oh yeah you’re right I’m out” to this comment, that makes this reply just as worthless

Go at it guys!

• The US Fed raised interest rates in order to control inflation, which ultimately led to the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank. Inflation is still a big problem, but raising interest rates even more wouldn't be a good idea. Do you think the US should consider lowering import tariffs to help ease inflation?

• wotetiwoteti Member
    edited March 2023

@jar said:
    Honestly I’m just in awe of the concept of being in the actual presence of so many people who are experts on foreign policy, war, military intelligence, banking, Linux administration, religion, social sciences, and more.

Ima let you finish your awe, but I haven't even started.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Maounique said:
    12 White old man would have avoided a collapse because they are by definition conservative

I'm not so sure. We've had greed and bank failures since the time of slavery.

I know the argument usually is that old white men are more likely to be selected for the position based on merit instead of affirmative action. But I've seen meritocracy goes hand in hand with butt licking, nepotism, sex for position, credentialism, bullshitting in meeting room, etc since forever.

@chihcherng said: The US Fed raised interest rates in order to control inflation, which ultimately led to the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank. Inflation is still a big problem, but raising interest rates even more wouldn't be a good idea. Do you think the US should consider lowering import tariffs to help ease inflation?

I have posted a more thorough analysis elsewhere but, essentially:

1. The structural inflation does not respond well to interest rates hikes;
    2. The real economy is still hiring and raising wages, now, for the first time in a couple of years, faster than the inflation;
    3. Even the structural inflation is down because the shocks of reopening and the war are in the past;
    4. Raising interest rates so fast has been a mistake IMO, more hikes are a disaster now, they would probably have to take them down and soon.

The world economy is in a far better shape than anticipated, in fact, the said good shape is what was pushing the prices up. Now the inflation will die out and the wages will continue to rise.

edited March 2023

BTW: EZ money

I am practicing what I am preaching. No crisis, nothing to see here.

• edited March 2023
    Thanked by 1treesmokah

@chihcherng said: Do you think the US should consider lowering import tariffs to help ease inflation?

That ship has sailed. We are now in a full blown process of deglobalisation. Expect import taxes to rise, even on natural resources, in US. There will be trading blocks like EU and NAFTA and some special agreements between them. Putler will also arrange something with XI and start an Asian trading block perhaps including Modi even as I have big doubts about that as Modi has always been nationalistic-protectionist but he might be out of options.

The TPP would have little backlash now, it becomes not only necessary, but imperative. The recent rapprochement between Korea and Japan, US, UK and AUS as well as many other moves on the democratic side and between China, MbS and the ayatollahs on the dictatorship side shows everyone understands they have to stick together.

We saw what Putler tried to do and succeeded in doing for more than 6 months to the global economy, Xi saw the utter humiliating defeat Putler has been served with as a result, let alone the taxes and our increasing awareness that China MUST be removed from the democratic world's supply chains before it starts the wars so we can have an unhindered and immediate answer to those.

No, the taxes will keep increasing until trade between the opposing blocks stops.

• So now we know that where all the silicone gone after the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank. :lol: :lol: