Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mullvad VPN «mass surveillance of the EU» - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mullvad VPN «mass surveillance of the EU»

2»

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@seb1g said:
    I'm going to be honest here, rightoids crying about wokeness all the time are just as annoying (if not more) as certain people on the left who will cancel someone for the slighest grievance.

Also, kolektiva.social is not mentioned or linked anywhere in that page.

So, you have no experience in even minimal counter-checking "news" it seems. I'll help you: just click on their "About" page ... and you'll immediately see multiple kolektiva.social people.

Btw, it seems I'm not really a "rightoid" as I don't mention (or complain about) woke idiots often (let alone "cry" about). Unlike you I just like real honesty and openly say when something obviously is not honest but propaganda (hint: "REFERENCES KyivPost" right there on the linked page).

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @inland said:
    Mass surveillance? That's okay. I've got nothing to hide.

That's what the Nazi's said to their population when they complained about Nazi surveillance.

In UK they already operate Echelon at GCHQ spy centre and all calls, texts, emails, web browsing is intercepted and stored by the regime. So if you in the EU call or sent a email/SMS to someone in UK, it'll be intercepted, read and saved.

They were doing this even before the law allowed them to do it. When privacy law campaigners found out, the UK regime court judge then retrospectively made it legal. Freedom, democracy, human rights, same bullshit from the same scumbags.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • I'm actually ok with this. If it helps catch all sorts of criminals around the world. It's not like your messages will be read manually, only if for some reason you get flagged. I don't do or say anything that I wouldn't be ok with others seeing, sure something might be a bit embarrassing, but that's about it.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited February 2023

@hampered said: If it helps catch all sorts of criminals around the world

It doesn't.
    It literally doesn't.

Criminals will use something else, simple as that.
    Only "normal" people will suffer, say something not politically correct - and you are FUCKED.
    Any spying is a double edged sword.

You sound like a type of person who believes the Government is your friend.
    It fucking isn't, the role of the Government is to control people, whether you like it or not - that is what is happening.

By today's standards something may be fine, tomorrow it will be a criminal offence.
    Want to learn about WW2? Its a literal crime in Germany, you cannot even see a Nazi swastika(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a).
    If this sounds reasonable to you, I have nothing more to tell you.

@treesmokah said:

• @hampered said:
    I'm actually ok with this. If it helps catch all sorts of criminals around the world. It's not like your messages will be read manually, only if for some reason you get flagged. I don't do or say anything that I wouldn't be ok with others seeing, sure something might be a bit embarrassing, but that's about it.

If that means also to Government without valid court order going to your house inspecting your home, bedroom and computers should be great to see.

Like @treesmokah said, it smells like a "government supported and friendly user"

We hope one day that words won't change.

• @sandoz said:

@hampered said:
    I'm actually ok with this. If it helps catch all sorts of criminals around the world. It's not like your messages will be read manually, only if for some reason you get flagged. I don't do or say anything that I wouldn't be ok with others seeing, sure something might be a bit embarrassing, but that's about it.

If that means also to Government without valid court order going to your house inspecting your home, bedroom and computers should be great to see.

Like @treesmokah said, it smells like a "government supported and friendly user"

We hope one day that words won't change.

yeah @hampered seems like a fraud. I think we need to kick this guys door down at 3am and say you're from the govt and come to do a search. See if he still feels same.

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited March 2023

This is not about Mullvad only. But this is getting really bad.

Bad news (taking a look in last tweets there are more, but those are enough):

Here is a good video about what Mullvad is talking about

For the privacy (nothing to do with criminals)
    Enjoy.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • I wonder what my single most favourite LEdditor of all time @TimboJones thinks about this.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

@inland said:
    I wonder what my single most favourite LEdditor of all time @TimboJones thinks about this.

This is part of Anti-Piracy MAFIA. The next things to go is VPNs, Domains, DNS like Quad9 and many more.

They use unvalid excuses to ban, remove, block anything they don't like.

@treesmokah can speak about it also.

• @sandoz said: This is part of Anti-Piracy MAFIA. The next things to go is VPNs, Domains, DNS like Quad9 and many more.

This is a general EU/worldwide trend of enumerating and controlling every aspect of your life. Look around and you'll notice that this does not end at just the internet stuff.

• @hampered said:
    I'm actually ok with this. If it helps catch all sorts of criminals around the world.

You have too much faith in the EU government. They couldn't even figure out who blew up the Nord Stream pipeline, how can you expect them to catch other criminals?

• @chihcherng said: They couldn't even figure out who blew up the Nord Stream pipeline, how can you expect them to catch other criminals?

They all know they just don't want to. A thief cannot cut off his own hand.

Thanked by 1chihcherng