Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important and Great News From Front Range Hosting - joining forces with Total Server Solutions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Important and Great News From Front Range Hosting - joining forces with Total Server Solutions

Comments

• any IPv6 in LA?

• My kvm vps moved from denver to LA. No ip change, just it makes my access faster, closer to Indonesia. One ipv4 and one ipv6.

Thanks Corey :)

• emgemg Veteran

I have had a LEB KVM VPS FrontRangeHosting for 10 months. Support has been excellent. For my VPS, the migration from Colorado Springs to LA was flawless. System and Internet performance are much improved since the migration.

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

• My OpenVZ VPS moved from Colorado to LA and for some reason required a new IP address along the way. Performance on the new node is pretty fantastic, but the two days of downtime is rather uncool. For what I pay though I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

• @robinsow said:
    My OpenVZ VPS moved from Colorado to LA and for some reason required a new IP address along the way. Performance on the new node is pretty fantastic, but the two days of downtime is rather uncool. For what I pay though I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Robinsow,

There were a few clients that were on Legacy Cogent-Owned IP space that FrontRange had not yet moved clients to their own IP space. Those clients (which you were one of) did require an IP change, that is unfortunate. However, I think as you already noticed there is considerable gains in performance and you will see more good things coming :)

Thanks!!

Thanked by 1robinsow
  • At least they got a new IP address. My VPS has moved to Atlanta; and still have a Denver (subnet actually moved to LA now) IP address. Can't get a response from support except to say 5 times now 'we've escalated to Corey'. Is he missing?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    My kvm vps moved from denver to LA. No ip change, just it makes my access faster, closer to Indonesia. One ipv4 and one ipv6.

Thanks Corey :)

Just found out the hard way that IPV6 does not work yet..

• @earl said:
    Just found out the hard way that IPV6 does not work yet..

your ipv6 allocation for the vps? or you cant open my web using ipv6?

your ipv6 allocation for the vps? or you cant open my web using ipv6?

The ipv6 for my vps at frontrangehosting...

The settings are all still there but ipv6 is not useable, it use to work before the move..

• c0yc0y Member

@earl said:
    The settings are all still there but ipv6 is not useable, it use to work before the move..

Do realize they gave you new addresses...

• @Frost said:
    Do realize they gave you new addresses...

No, my ipv4 never got changed.. and the ipv6 are all still there in solusvm, had to put in a ticket to confirm that ipv6 is not working yet..

• c0yc0y Member

@earl said:

Obviously I was talking about the v6 addresses, v4s except the cogent ones stayed the same

• @Frost said:
    Obviously I was talking about the v6 addresses, v4s except the cogent ones stayed the same

Well the support guy made no mention of new ipv6, just said he will be forwarding it to corey.. so I guess I will have to wait for corey..

• seems like Corey is busy with moving the physical box now

seems like Corey is busy with moving the physical box now

Yeah I'm sure he is busy.. the ip thing is not that big a deal really I mean it's a dollar vps, I'm surprised it worked as good as it has..

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • IPv6 Should be live any moment in LAX

Thanked by 1earl
  • Well, after receiving the notification email about IPv6, it's now not working. I've tried to reboot it, but still not working. Maybe someone can share the IP config for debian 6?

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Well, after receiving the notification email about IPv6, it's now not working. I've tried to reboot it, but still not working. Maybe someone can share the IP config for debian 6?

Instead of a reboot try powering off the vps and then boot.. mine is working again, did not need to change any configuration..

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Still not working, I even reinstalling the vps now, but still not working, :D

• emgemg Veteran

@RyanD said:
    IPv6 Should be live any moment in LAX

IPv6 is up and alive for my KVM VPS in LAX. No reboot was required - uptime is 2 days+. Customers had previously been warned that IPv6 would not be up immediately after the move. Honestly, I expected IPv6 to be down much longer, but I can't explain why. Nice to have it all working again.

Well done - Corey and team (RyanD?) !!

• emgemg Veteran

My one concern about the migration was a note I found on the Wiresix website saying that they charge $5 per support ticket. http://wiresix.com/company.html

Corey reassured me that support would continue for FrontRangeHosting customers as before, no change. It would be nice to see RyanD or someone from TSS back up that statement publicly.

• @earl said:

@emg said:
    My one concern about the migration was a note I found on the Wiresix website saying that they charge $5 per support ticket. http://wiresix.com/company.html

Corey reassured me that support would continue for FrontRangeHosting customers as before, no change. It would be nice to see RyanD or someone from TSS back up that statement publicly.

Those would be on Unmanaged Dedicated servers, much like Softlayer did in the past, we offered more advanced admin work that you may need done on your server at a $5 per-ticket/event item. This great for a customer that does not need management but may have a really tough issue they encounter and do not want to spend $150/month for management to resolve a single issue.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Still not working, I even reinstalling the vps now, but still not working, :D

if it's just debian don' t think you need any special setting but maybe you can try adding /64 to the end of the IP

iface eth0 inet6 static gateway ipv6 netmask 64 address ipv6/64

• I already did that, but still not working :)

• Having trouble with mine also on Centos 5.9. x32. Configs all check out so far not sure what the deal is yet.

• ipv6 is still not working

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

I don't think it should be that hard hard, mine pretty much worked right after they mentioned ipv6 was available again, maybe your best bet would be to put in a ticket?

it's possible not all the servers have working ipv6

• @earl said:
    I don't think it should be that hard hard, mine pretty much worked right after they mentioned ipv6 was available again, maybe your best bet would be to put in a ticket?

it's possible not all the servers have working ipv6

All servers have working IPv6, please put in a ticket if it isn't working.

Thanked by 2earl Asim
  • @RyanD said: All servers have working IPv6, please put in a ticket if it isn't working.

hello RyanD : Ticket #360146

• Okay everyone having issues might of been with ping, by default it's admin prohibited on a vz node. stupid really.. I just turned that off and @kluncrit it's working now.

Now if your IPv6 IP does not start with 2604:2880 you have a legacy FDC Servers IP before I had ARIN assignments. We can change that out quickly enough.