Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch's transfer is automated & its awesome!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch's transfer is automated & its awesome!

I just can't get enough of hosthatch :) Nothing comes close to the value they offer for the money.

There is a section of server transfer in the settings which i believe is new or I just found it late. It has the receive server & transfer section. Transfer requires a server id > $10 transfer invoice payment > server transfer secret token generation. You just have to share the secret token with the recipient who enters it in the receive server textbox and voila its done in minutes, gone are the days of waiting for the support to respond.

Great feature, keep up the good work hosthatch (y).

Comments

• very nice 🤝

• How long does the token last? What happens if it doesn't end up getting transferred?

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited March 2023

@tmagicturtle said:
    How long does the token last? What happens if it doesn't end up getting transferred?

The following is the excerpt from the page:

Receive a server
    If you have received a transfer token from another HostHatch user for one of their servers, you may specify it here in order to transfer said server over to your account.

Please note that by entering the secure single-use transfer token and completing the transfer, you are agreeing to HostHatch's terms of service, acceptable usage policy and any other terms, conditions, and contracts agreed to with the current owner of the server. You also agree to accept any and all liability for any problems or dues that may arise after the transfer has been completed. Any details must be worked out directly with the sender. Please only proceed if you understand and agree to this

Transfer your server
    Use this to transfer a VM to another HostHatch user. Please note that you will be agreeing to transfer the server with all existing configurations and data. Once the transfer is complete, you will no longer be able to reverse this.

A transfer fee is charged for this process, for the amount of $10 USD.

Once paid, you will find a secure single-use transfer token at the top of your server's dashboard, that can be shared with the user who will receive the transfer of your server. The receiving user must log in to their HostHatch account and enter the transfer token on this page to complete the process.

Note that once this invoice is created, it cannot be cancelled, and the transfer payment is due in 24 hours. The fee is non-refundable, regardless of whether you choose to complete the transfer or not. Please proceed only if you are sure.

Thanked by 2tmagicturtle kkrajk
  • emghemgh Member

They got snapshots?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

Their panel looks amazing and it gives me very good impressions about longevity of their brand.

I need someone to transfer one of their AMS Storage deal.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • fazarfazar Member

@emgh said:
    They got snapshots?

As far as I know, currently they're not offering snapshots or backup. But it will be an awesome feature cc. @hosthatch

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • ErisaErisa Member

Curious what the business reason is for charging a transfer fee if the process is automated (no human labour). Is it to discourage scalpers?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • adapting to new business models

• @Erisa said:
    Curious what the business reason is for charging a transfer fee if the process is automated (no human labour). Is it to discourage scalpers?

it was handled by a real person before. this is new.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@emgh said: They got snapshots?

Soon.

@Erisa said:

Unfortunately we still can't get ChatGPT to write the code that was needed to offer this feature, so human labor went into making it :smiley:

This is also a 'special feature' that we do not advertise or is a core part of our product. We already have a scalper problem, it would just get worse if we offered this for free.

We'll probably think of reducing the fee 6-12 months down the road though.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@hosthatch said:

Soon.

@Erisa said:

Unfortunately we still can't get ChatGPT to write the code that was needed to offer this feature, so human labor went into making it :smiley:

This is also a 'special feature' that we do not advertise or is a core part of our product. We already have a scalper problem, it would just get worse if we offered this for free.

Hey, do you have any plans for AMS Storage sale?
    I would love to get 1TB/2TB :)

Thanked by 1Kassem
  • ErisaErisa Member

@hosthatch said:

Soon.

@Erisa said:

That makes a lot of sense, thank you for the honest reply!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • People seem to forget the efforts needed to out in to automate stuff and make it working 💯.

Also some folks feel eh it's so simple to write 2 lines of code to facilitate this process.

I applaud the efforts to make this process self service and @hosthatch commitment for thr community

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited March 2023

@plumberg said:
    People seem to forget the efforts needed to out in to automate stuff and make it working 💯.

Out in?

Also, I hope they extend this feature to be able to move servers to different nodes for redundancy instead of being stuck on one node.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • Thnx for catching my fat fingers

Switching nodes would be cool!!

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@TimboJones said: Also, I hope they extend this feature to be able to move servers to different nodes for redundancy instead of being stuck on one node.

Possibly something we can look at for a small setup fee in future promotions.

We're happy to do it free for any of our standard plans already.

Thanked by 1TimboJones