Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXLogin Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXLogin Down

Hi,

I could not able to receive any of my emails as I am using MXLogin.

Is there any maintenance? @jar

Comments

• You can access your emails at your mail subdomain which route to roundcube.

• Yesteday, I received an email from Mxroute which has the below link. Maybe this applies to the OP?

Pixel Server Migration
    https://blog.mxroute.com/pixel-server-migration/

• sh97sh97 Member

@imgmoney said:
    Hi,

I could not able to receive any of my emails as I am using MXLogin.

Is there any maintenance? @jar

Same here. I'm on the lucy server, mails are not getting sent via SMTP.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2023

Crossbox's internal MySQL instance did indeed go down for a bit. It came back up after a restart. It's important to note that Crossbox is not our only webmail client, and isn't generally considered to be one of the core services (as it's almost entirely hands-off for us). Of course keeping it up is important, I just mean to say that everything that makes the service tick is still up and running in the event of a Crossbox outage.

@sh97 said: mails are not getting sent via SMTP

Separate issue. A malicious user on the Lucy server today forced Quora to DDOS attack the SMTP server, and some stuff happened.

Thanked by 1sh97
  • Thank you for all that you do @jar. Love mxroute.

Thanked by 2jar sh97
  • What should be the SMTP server we should use as mail.mxlogin.com is getting down daily.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited March 2023

@imgmoney said:
    What should be the SMTP server we should use as mail.mxlogin.com is getting down daily.

"Daily" is a bit harsh I think. It just went down a second time and I just restarted it, and opened a ticket with the developers. I just didn't want to ticket them over a single event.

Your SMTP server is in the "Important Account Information" email you received on signup. Open a ticket if you need a new copy and we can push one to you. Otherwise, a history of emails we sent are here: https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/clientarea/emails/

Thanked by 1imgmoney

Looks like a bug in MariaDB causing issues with Crossbox, and they’re looking to do an update of it. In the meantime, I’ll step up monitoring of it.

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

Sadly, the MariaDB service crashed with a "double free or corruption (out)" error, which we haven't seen so far. This particular master server has had an uptime of almost two years, working flawlessly without any issues. We'll be monitoring the server along with Jar to make sure it doesn't happen again (even though there is a system in place that monitors all the services and restarts them automatically if they fail).

Thanks for the report, and don't hesitate to contact us directly via our website live chat, where our staff and developers can check and fix any issues you may have right away.