Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New platform, new features, more affordable way to replace Vultar, Linode, DO etc.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New platform, new features, more affordable way to replace Vultar, Linode, DO etc.

Greetings everyone! Hoping ’23 is treating you well so far.
Signed up here finally after a good few months of active talks with some VPS providers of the LET community about how to better compete with VPS / cloud providers like Digitalocean, Vultr, Linode etc. Many thanks for the feedback so far.

We’ve recently delivered some feature requests by VPS providers we’ve received and would now like to ask the kind LET community end users for some feedback on the features available (or more importantly the ones still missing ), potential user experience problems and perhaps some general feedback on the Warren.io platform.

People kind enough to share their opinion would get some free credits from the first providers active in LET launching Warren based cloud offering (PM me and I’ll give you a coupon code as soon as the first providers launch. Free tickets to Cloudfest 2023 also available!).

You can visit https://app.equinix.warren.io/hub/home#auth0 and sign up for the demo account to give the platform a quick test drive.

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• SnnanSnnan Member
    edited February 2023

Welcome
    Do you plan to add custom ISO?
    I see that the current system templates are very old and few.
    I recommended add more system templates or provide custom ISO.

• Hi, I'm glad to be one of the first testers.

Firstly it's worth mentioning that the platform is very beautiful and simple, where users can find needed features quickly.
    I believe the prices shown are not final? Because it doesn't seem to be as competitive as described.
    Also the server creation process was significantly slower than Vultar and DO.
    Btw the test environment was not connected to the network, so more testing about the VPS could not be done.

• Credit Card needed?

• is this related with Equinix - I mean the company? or just hosted on their metal ?

Thanked by 1nick_
  • The function of the firewall was not found, and my local cannot connect to the assigned ip

• @smiths said:
    The function of the firewall was not found, and my local cannot connect to the assigned ip

The assigned ip does not have public access.

Thanked by 1henryvps
  • Looks very interesting.
    Will it be open to the public later on? Sorta like Vultr where you can get a vps, or is it "technology" like Openstack?

• I've asked them for a home license several times and have been ghosted, I'd love if there was a non commercial version that you could run at home.

• Opened account will wait for some credits to test more

• @henryvps Quick question. Can I get further clarity on the relationship of Equinix and Warren? I only ask as it seems you guys are separate entities and yet so much marketing and website entities include the Equinix logo. Does this mean they're "sponsoring" the demo? Or did Warren get investments from Equinix?

• Why would people use your platform versus OpenStack?

• @Snnan said:
    Welcome
    Do you plan to add custom ISO?
    I see that the current system templates are very old and few.
    I recommended add more system templates or provide custom ISO.

These are just examples. You as a provider would be able to add any kind of KVM image that you would like straight from admin interface.

• @Evan_H said:
    Hi, I'm glad to be one of the first testers.

Firstly it's worth mentioning that the platform is very beautiful and simple, where users can find needed features quickly.
    I believe the prices shown are not final? Because it doesn't seem to be as competitive as described.
    Also the server creation process was significantly slower than Vultar and DO.
    Btw the test environment was not connected to the network, so more testing about the VPS could not be done.

Thanks loads for your feedback Evan.
    The prices are random in the demo environment. I'll check if we can enable internet accecss to your account exclusively.

• @hotsnow said:
    Credit Card needed?

No credit card needed. Just choose invoice payment and you will not be billed for that. It's all free for now.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @marian said:
    is this related with Equinix - I mean the company? or just hosted on their metal ?

We are Equinix partner who is sponsoring the demo environment running on Equinix Metal. Two separate independent companies.

Thanked by 1marian
  • @smiths said:
    The function of the firewall was not found, and my local cannot connect to the assigned ip

Firewall is work in progress to be released shortly. The demo environment does not have access to internet (will get back to you on that shortly).

• @treesmokah said:
    Looks very interesting.
    Will it be open to the public later on? Sorta like Vultr where you can get a vps, or is it "technology" like Openstack?

Good question @treesmokah The Warren.io platform is more of a technology like Openstack but totally turnkey and provided as a managed service to hosting providers.

Several production deployments are currently available that I will share to you all later today.

• @fluffernutter said:
    I've asked them for a home license several times and have been ghosted, I'd love if there was a non commercial version that you could run at home.

I remember your request. True. Currently we do not provide a "community edition" that might change at some point but currently we offer the platform as a managed service to data center and hosting companies who want to easily commercialize their data center resources with a turnkey solution.

• @reb0rn said:
    Opened account will wait for some credits to test more

You signed up with credit card instead of invoice payment method that is free. Added 50 USD to your credit to your billing account.

• @HalfEatenPie said:
    @henryvps Quick question. Can I get further clarity on the relationship of Equinix and Warren? I only ask as it seems you guys are separate entities and yet so much marketing and website entities include the Equinix logo. Does this mean they're "sponsoring" the demo? Or did Warren get investments from Equinix?

You're exactly right. Equinix are sponsoring the demo environment. No investments from Equinix. :)

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @Kassem said:
    Why would people use your platform versus OpenStack?

Very good question @Kassem

Warren is a turnkey solution provided as a managed services. Turnkey in this context means that it includes hourly billing/metering, local payment gateway integrations, feature requests, 99.95% SLA, dedicated Slack channel support in addition to ticketing system etc.

With OpenStack you would have to invest a lot into development of the platform and you would always need to keep it up and running yourself. There is no live migrations or self-healing properties so it would add to your operational expense as well. There is no upcoming network of providers who cross sell each other's resources making additional revenue from the commission. You would be alone against everyone else rather than a network of local providers who can offer a global DC coverage.

Just some ideas off the bat. In reality there are companies migrating over from self hosted and self managed Openstack to Warren.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by 1malikshi
  • malikshimalikshi Member
    edited February 2023

Done signed up. Is it gonna offers all region from equinix?
    The UI somehow same as IDCH.

• @malikshi said:
    Done signed up. Is it gonna offers all region from equinix?
    The UI somehow same as IDCH.

This is just a demo environment. We are asking feedback on the platform from end user's perspective. IDCH looks the same for a very good reason. :)

• Tried to create a VM, returned with error:

Error: Creating VM failed: Failed to get IP from DHCP server.

• @World said:
    Tried to create a VM, returned with error:

Ahh.. thanks for reporting this. I was wondering when we run out of IPs. :) Will fix shortly.

• @World said:

Yep. Could you please try now.

• Can you check just created VPS assigned ipv4 is 2.2.2.8 i guess something gone wrong

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited March 2023

@henryvps said:

@World said:

It works now, but it seems the 'SSH' function at the control panel doesn't work as it tries to connect to 2.2.2.* - this subnet is not reachable.

P.S: 'console' function works.

• @World said:

@henryvps said:

@World said:

It works now, but it seems the 'SSH' function at the control panel doesn't work as it tries to connect to 2.2.2.* - this subnet is not reachable.

P.S: 'console' function works.

it might be due to the the network restrictions. Let me check if we can fix that.