Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3-4TB Backup storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3-4TB Backup storage

edited February 2023 in Requests

I need a backup solution which offers at least 3TB storage
I do not need:
* much traffic
* CPU/RAM
* ssd

I need
* sftp or webdav or s3 or smb
* at least 3TB
* upload speed 100Mbit/s

The best I found so far is interserver with 3TB for $18
And its extendable if needed.
At the moment I am using backblaze b2
I am using duplicacy for my backups.

Thanked by 2greentea SiliCloud

Comments

• Hetzner storage box.

• @james50a said:
    Hetzner storage box.

already used this years ago. Did they changed the pricing???
    5TB is very cheap

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

I recommend Servarica @servarica_hani , Hetzner Storage Box and Hosthatch

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.php
    We can offer 50% discount on annual orders. Contact us for details and for a surprise!

Thanked by 2paranoidbackup ehab
  • Cheap S3? Idrive e2, for sftp get a storage box from servarica.

Thanked by 2paranoidbackup arda
  • nocloudnocloud Member
    edited February 2023

another shout out for idrive, 5TB for $20 special offer for the first year. It's been rock solid for me, better than backblaze or pcloud and a ton cheaper than aws

Thanked by 2paranoidbackup arda
  • Thanks for you fast replies! I opted for hetzner storage box. It cuts my monthly costs in half!

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Should you decide that you need a VPS with full control over your data - we have Nuremberg and Sofia locations available on our KVM Storage VPS, priced at only 5EUR per 1TB.
    https://alphavps.com/storage-vps.html

Thanked by 1_Nic
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2023

@ManishPant said:

I actually hesitate in recommending them.

Their bandwidth is very limited. By that I mean my plan from them had just enough bandwidth to download the data in, but if you're using it in disaster recovery purposes you might also need to get your data out.

Spending time talking with them about additional bandwidth seems to be pretty limited and another suggestion was to just wait until the bandwidth period was reset.

I think Servarica has interesting offers, but for anything serious I'd rather go with someone else. I recently put some infrastructure on their network and at now I'm in the process of moving it off.

Just my opinion though. My experience concluded with the solution they offer does not fit my needs.

Thanked by 1jtoaka
  • kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

@paranoidbackup said:
    I do not need:
    * much traffic
    * CPU/RAM
    * ssd

I need
    * at least 3TB
    * upload speed 100Mbit/s

2 vCore (E-2236)
    4GB DDR4 RAM
    3TB Ent. HDD
    6 TB Premium Transfer
    120Gbps+ DDoS Protection
    Location - London, UK (HydraCom)
    2 x 1Gbps shared ports
    Extendable upto 40TB if required

Price: $15/Mo for you! ;)

Looking Glass: https://uk.lg.kuroit.com/

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited February 2023

The absolute cheapest at <50TB scale is 1fichier but comes with compromise of only access via rclone on a residential IP

At current pricing that works out under $4/mo for 3.5TB

If that doesn’t suit your needs then hosthatch, hetzner, etc, but you only get prices comparable to 1fichier on hosthatch black friday

• afnafn Member
    edited February 2023

@darkimmortal said: but comes with compromise of only access via rclone on a residential IP

But comes with the compromise of very rude and unpleasant support.

Never use 1 fichier. There is nothing trashier than this service and the arrogant (non-)humans behind it.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@HalfEatenPie said:

@ManishPant said:

Their bandwidth is very limited. By that I mean my plan from them had just enough bandwidth to download the data in, but if you're using it in disaster recovery purposes you might also need to get your data out.

Spending time talking with them about additional bandwidth seems to be pretty limited and another suggestion was to just wait until the bandwidth period was reset.

I think Servarica has interesting offers, but for anything serious I'd rather go with someone else. I recently put some infrastructure on their network and at now I'm in the process of moving it off.

Just my opinion though. My experience concluded with the solution they offer does not fit my needs.

We still have the unlimited 100bmps option that you can activate anytime

I understand that 1gbps is better but it is more expensive

We plan to increase our unlimited option within this year to 250mbps which i think will be good compromise

• @servarica_hani said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@ManishPant said:

We plan to increase our unlimited option within this year to 250mbps which i think will be good compromise

Great to hear from you Hani. Yes I've switched to 100 Mbit unmetered but that just increased the transfer time and slowed everything down that, in the end it wasn't ideal waiting for.

From a purely infrastructure perspective, your solution is correct. But from my usability perspective (what mattered to me at that time as someone who needs high-volume storage as quickly as possible), the configuration that was sold ended up not being a good fit for me. Especially since I also write and deploy my own code, so having a better foundation and resource was preferred. Servarica's storage offering was good, but the bandwidth that came with it was severely lacking. Communications with support didn't result in a satisfying resolution which is why I'm in the process of moving these things off of it.

I understand that bandwidth can be a constraint for Servarica and that's why I'm just saying that for bulk storage usage (large download/upload capacity, purpose of most storage nodes and solutions) that an alternative solution may be more favorable as that experience and decision was for me. For other non-storage intensive uses I can suggest Servarica, but for high-storage with limited bandwidth I beg to differ. Unless they're just downloading data. Waiting a few months. And then exporting data. Or basically not using their storage capacity to the full available level.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • Crunchbits!

• @paranoidbackup said:
    I do not need:
    * much traffic
    * CPU/RAM
    * ssd

I need
    * at least 3TB
    * upload speed 100Mbit/s

FTP
    3TB HDD space
    1Gbit port
    €12/month if billed quarterly or €16/month if monthly.
    Prices are vat excluded.

You can expand this storage up to 80TB if needed.
    https://www.c1vhosting.it/lg/ - https://bgp.he.net/AS212271

• @servarica_hani said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@ManishPant said:

Good to hear about the limit increase to 250mbps! I also recommend servarica, the storage is cheap, the ssd cache is good for web services, network is also prem. The only downside I can think of is the bandwidth but if you're good with the current limits is a great option. :)

• @itoshikimonset said:
    Good to hear about the limit increase to 250mbps! I also recommend servarica, the storage is cheap, the ssd cache is good for web services, network is also prem. The only downside I can think of is the bandwidth but if you're good with the current limits is a great option. :)

Do you have a storage server from them with SSD cache? I have Polar Bear, which I think runs on regular HDDs...File performance is quite slow, as expected.

• ehabehab Member
    edited March 2023

+1 NetDynamics24

+1 c1vhosting

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

@servarica_hani said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@ManishPant said:

Great to hear from you Hani. Yes I've switched to 100 Mbit unmetered but that just increased the transfer time and slowed everything down that, in the end it wasn't ideal waiting for.

From a purely infrastructure perspective, your solution is correct. But from my usability perspective (what mattered to me at that time as someone who needs high-volume storage as quickly as possible), the configuration that was sold ended up not being a good fit for me. Especially since I also write and deploy my own code, so having a better foundation and resource was preferred. Servarica's storage offering was good, but the bandwidth that came with it was severely lacking. Communications with support didn't result in a satisfying resolution which is why I'm in the process of moving these things off of it.

I understand that bandwidth can be a constraint for Servarica and that's why I'm just saying that for bulk storage usage (large download/upload capacity, purpose of most storage nodes and solutions) that an alternative solution may be more favorable as that experience and decision was for me. For other non-storage intensive uses I can suggest Servarica, but for high-storage with limited bandwidth I beg to differ. Unless they're just downloading data. Waiting a few months. And then exporting data. Or basically not using their storage capacity to the full available level.

I run a nextcloud instance on a storage box at Servarica and it has been flawless, they have always delivered what they promised and at a very competitive price.
    It sounds to me that you chose a solution that did not fit your needs. That is not the providers fault.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2023

@rcy026 said: I run a nextcloud instance on a storage box at Servarica and it has been flawless, they have always delivered what they promised and at a very competitive price.
    It sounds to me that you chose a solution that did not fit your needs. That is not the providers fault.

@HalfEatenPie said: Just my opinion though. My experience concluded with the solution they offer does not fit my needs.

Nice. Who knew I already said that the solution they offered did not fit my needs.