Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NixStats abandoned?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NixStats abandoned?

anyone knows whats going on with Vincent or Nixstat?
I've tried to contact their support for over 2 months without any luck, not by email not by chat, even when i see chat status changed to away or online, never managed to get any response lately.

is anyone knows whats going on?

Comments

• His company was bought by WebPros (cpanel, plesk, etc..) and o thin he is working for them. Check his linkedin account eventually..

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2023

I cancelled after he sold it. If you want a good alternative, Hetrixtools is good. Otherwise self host a monitoring solution on a cheap $3~ VPS somewhere.

• It seems like Webpros has taken a bunch of Nixstats and spun it into https://360monitoring.com/ I'm basing this off the fact they've even forked the agent: https://github.com/plesk/agent360

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @TonyB said:
    It seems like Webpros has taken a bunch of Nixstats and spun it into https://360monitoring.com/ I'm basing this off the fact they've even forked the agent: https://github.com/plesk/agent360

So they killed Nixstats, took it whole code, opened a new service that cost more 50% ?
    Great Webpros just great.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2023

@TonyB said:
    It seems like Webpros has taken a bunch of Nixstats and spun it into https://360monitoring.com/ I'm basing this off the fact they've even forked the agent: https://github.com/plesk/agent360

I don't think they took it but instead bought nixstats (the codebase). I mean even the github org is now 360Monitoring

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@HalfEatenPie said: I don't think they took it but instead bought nixstats (the codebase). I mean even the github org is now 360Monitoring

They definitely have their fingers in the company one way or another. Looking at publications; the Dutch B.V. that owns Nixstats, it lists Sascha Markus Konzack as a director, who surprisingly is "Group CFO" at WebPros. Vincent, however, still is a Director of the same company - looking at the KvK register.

Whether or not he does actually own the company (that is: have shares in) is not to be easily known of.

• Seems like he's still updating the agent360 repo, but not the original NIXStats one anymore according to the recent changes on GH

• @iKeyZ said:
    Seems like he's still updating the agent360 repo, but not the original NIXStats one anymore according to the recent changes on GH

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited February 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:

@iKeyZ said:
    Seems like he's still updating the agent360 repo, but not the original NIXStats one anymore according to the recent changes on GH

I saw that already, doesn't mention about NIXStats being abandoned or merged though. I just pointed out that Vincent is still around, but only updating agent360.

• @iKeyZ said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@iKeyZ said:

I saw that already, doesn't mention about NIXStats being abandoned or merged though. I just pointed out that Vincent is still around, but only updating agent360.

Yeah... But also this:

NIXStats founder Vincent van Megen will join the company as Head of Monitoring.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited February 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:

@iKeyZ said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@iKeyZ said:

Yeah... But also this:

I also saw that - I'm unsure how that automatically means that NIXStats would be abandoned. It actually sounded more like they were taking over NIXStats & taking on Vincent to continue working on it more than anything...

edit: and to be fair, NIXStats continued to get updates for ~a year after that announcement.

• @iKeyZ said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@iKeyZ said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@iKeyZ said:

Yeah... But also this:

I also saw that - I'm unsure how that automatically means that NIXStats would be abandoned. It actually sounded more like they were taking over NIXStats & taking on Vincent to continue working on it more than anything...

edit: and to be fair, NIXStats continued to get updates for ~a year after that announcement.

Honestly that's perfectly fair. I'd just assume that the intention was to continue working on NIXStats, but also play a role within the org. But over time it just got too busy and NIXStat just... got neglected.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

Yep. Unfortunately, NixStats appears to be abandonware, Vincent hasn't replied to any of my messages for months now.

I'm just waiting for HetrixTools to make a dashboard similar to Nixstats and I'll be cancelling.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 2023

@Jamie_DreamIT said: I'm just waiting for HetrixTools to make a dashboard similar to Nixstats and I'll be cancelling.

@HBAndrei just to make sure you guys are aware ;')

// HetrixTools kinda deployed new dashboard this month (I think?), but I don't see any changes except right-side menu...

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

The new dashboard looks neat, but it still doesn't have anything similar to Nixstats/Nagios etc

@JabJab said:
    // HetrixTools kinda deployed new dashboard this month (I think?), but I don't see any changes except right-side menu...

Yeah, same here. No changes other than the new menu.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited February 2023

Hi @Advicerxyz ,

Same here, because many issues, I tried to contact him over chat, mail, twitter and even company who owns Nixstats. Status page is not working, some check servers were down, no stats on some monitors etc...

Looks like the project is dead. Do we have some good price/features replacement? Hetrix is not the option.

• Already moved to Hetrixtools