Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on 4chan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Posting on 4chan

What providers have IPs which aren't banned for posting on 4chan?

I have problems accessing 4chan in my country. So I want to make my own VPN server for posting.
Thanks in advance!

The /poll
  1. So?53 votes
    1. I don't use 4chan
      60.38%
    2. I swear, I am not racist
      39.62%

Comments

• Buy 4chan pass instead.

• @dosai said:
    Buy 4chan pass instead.

I thought about it. But I think 12$/yr + paid VPN is a little too much for a basically free website. So, I want to hear possible VPS options

• I've heard about 4chan when I was younger. I've never used it and my friends never used it. I am under the impression that is only for posting meme's. What's the difference between using that site for meme's and something similar. I know there must be thousands of meme sites.

• @Nanja said:
    I've heard about 4chan when I was younger. I've never used it and my friends never used it. I am under the impression that is only for posting meme's.

I'm in a very similar situation. I also believed that the site is mostly for fun and trolling.

But at the same time I also heard (more than once) that when the major globalist big tech sites and social networks (twitter, reddit, etc.) started aggressively forcing out those, who do not support the current thing (biden/dems, BLM, LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA+-*^, ukraine), 4chan at least partially became a place for sane people to gather and talk.

Never managed to check that myself though.

Would like to hear what others think on this.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Is 4chan a racist site? I've never visited but I thought that's were leaked info comes from?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2023

4chan is just another website. I think many people give them way too much credit.

All it is, is a site with some less than savory readers.

I mean we're also here on LET so... I'm sure the LET userbase has more of an overlap with 4chan userbase than many expect.

This post is also probably a troll. So... get rekt?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2023

@Arkas said:
    Is 4chan a racist site? I've never visited but I thought that's were leaked info comes from?

Racists, SJWs, pedophiles, white knights, all the goodies. So I guess really it’s pretty much the same as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. People often forget you can get all of that same content on all of the big sites.

• @DataRecovery said:

@Nanja said:
    I've heard about 4chan when I was younger. I've never used it and my friends never used it. I am under the impression that is only for posting meme's.

I'm in a very similar situation. I also believed that the site is mostly for fun and trolling.

But at the same time I also heard (more than once) that when the major globalist big tech sites and social networks (twitter, reddit, etc.) started aggressively forcing out those, who do not support the current thing (biden/dems, BLM, LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA+-*^, ukraine)

>

There's "not supporting" and then there's "openly and actively hating". Quite a big difference there.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @jar said:

@Arkas said:

Racists, SJWs, pedophiles, white knights, all the goodies. So I guess really it’s pretty much the same as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. People often forget you can get all of that same content on all of the big sites.

It's free speech in all its ugly glory, unlike those sites you mention. Is that better or worse? Well, that's for each individual to decide. Because points of view taboo to the left-leaning world can be freely discussed there, but you'll crawl through piles of shit while you're there.

Thanked by 1jar
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@DataRecovery said: a place for sane people to gather and talk

I have never heard 4chan described this way.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

An ocean of piss, however…

Thanked by 1ralf
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

Cesspit of shitposters pissing in a sea of piss

• @jackb said:

@raindog308 said:

Cesspit of shitposters pissing in a sea of piss

This is what we love.
    Shitposting is great.

Thanked by 2jackb kait
  • @HalfEatenPie said: I think many people give them way too much credit.

The high level iPhone trolling came from 4chan right? I like that trolling thingy where they said you can charge your iPhone via the microwave.

• I don't post on 4chan or imageboards in general because these sites provide no value and are a great way to waste your time with nothing to show for it, but when I feel like trolling, I just grab a HTTP proxy from a free proxy list that you can find anywhere on the internet. Most of the time it works, but is ridiculously slow.

I would advise against using a VPS. I have posted once from a local established obscure hosting provider and a couple of weeks later that range was banned, so apparently they do a check/follow up once they encounter a new ASN.

They even go as far as to ban entire swaths of legitimate residential/mobile providers. Some time ago I've tried spamming from a bunch of China Unicom machines and to my surprise they were completely blocked (not by GFW but by 4chan).

You can also use Tuxler if that suits you.

• @DataRecovery said: “Oh, little snowflakes, when did you all become grandmothers and society matrons, clutching your pearls in horror at someone who has an opinion about something… you snivelling little weak-ass narcissists?”

every time I see a signature like this on this forum about servers I am reminded of this meme

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • 4chan is/was internet dumbster. Gathering all trash and gunk from everywhere. But time goes and it seems they became more docile as their public got older. Now primarly twitter is used to dump racial slurs.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I can lurk 4Chan from VPNs I have setup on our network and our IPs. I was going to make a test post for shits-n-gigs but their CAPTCHA system is frustrating so I have no idea if you can post or not. That's definitely a new thing since last time I visited the site, probably several years ago.

• You moms got 4 chins

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2023

I have nothing against 4chan and such boards. What I have a problem with is extreme behaviours. On one side we have an attitude of serving some minority culture into everything that can be consumed; on the other side there are people wanting to become judge, jury and executioners of such minorities for their behaviour.

We need moderation in our lives. We need to moderate ourselves, while each and every culture needs to be clearly labelled for it to be accepted by the freedom of others, without going into extremes.

This being said, I appreciate the fact that there are places where people can post anything they want (even shitposting) in pure freedom; however, that is not my cup of tea, so I obviously don't use it.

• @deadpool said:
    You moms got 4 chins

gotem

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @HumanMale
    4Chan's IP blocks are very aggressive. No VPN is going to get through unless it is a residential proxy. Anonymity is a myth, you either give them your IP or wallet key (or be evil and use residential proxy).

Just use zzzchan.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@HumanMale said:
    What providers have IPs which aren't banned for posting on 4chan?

I have problems accessing 4chan in my country. So I want to make my own VPN server for posting.
    Thanks in advance!

I have no idea about 4chan itself. This is one of many sites that allow user content free of any censorship. But I can say that this site can be accessed from our location in Germany.

Thanked by 1kait
  • Man, what the heck. I just wanted a VPS provider and got a big load of crap.
    Can anyone answer my original question, please?

I know that IP range blocking on 4chan is harsh, but I think there should be at least something I could use without paying twice.

• lol get rekt

Thanked by 1kait
  • @HumanMale said: I know that IP range blocking on 4chan is harsh, but I think there should be at least something I could use without paying twice.

You can buy 4ch pass and not bother getting a VPS

• @CheepCluck said:

@HumanMale said: I know that IP range blocking on 4chan is harsh, but I think there should be at least something I could use without paying twice.

You can buy 4ch pass and not bother getting a VPS

Read the second comment, please.

• Have you tried getting a new ISP?

• I don't think you will be able to post if your IP is from a business registered as hosting. You will need a VPS with a residential IP. Check https://ipinfo.io/ to confirm