Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google launches ChatGPT rival Bard
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google launches ChatGPT rival Bard

Google is launching an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered chatbot called Bard to rival ChatGPT.

Bard will be used by a group of testers before being rolled out to the public in the coming weeks, the firm said.

AI chatbots are designed to answer questions and find information. ChatGPT is the best-known example. They use what's on the internet as an enormous database of knowledge although there are concerns that this can also include offensive material and disinformation.

Google's announcement follows wide speculation that Microsoft is about to bring the AI chatbot ChatGPT to its search engine Bing, following a multi-billion dollar investment in the firm behind it, OpenAI.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-64546299

What are your thoughts on ChatGPT and AI in general?

1. What is your opinion about AI?41 votes
    1. It's the future!
      26.83%
    2. Overhyped garbage
      31.71%
    3. It's gonna ruin the world even more
      34.15%
    4. Eventually it's going to be illegal
        7.32%

Comments

• ChatGPT sounds better to me than "Bard".

Thanked by 1kait
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2023

Until they manage to solve the problem of these sorts of thing being confidently wrong, I don't see much practical value in them to be honest. A good toy/gimmick but not much more.

One example already and nobody's even got their hands on it:
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=34697491

tl;dr fuck off, bard

• Bard, sounds like a short form of a popular bad word 😂

• @Pawan said:
    Bard, sounds like a short form of a popular bad word 😂

In which language?

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • Ahhhh, please no ...

Youtube will be full of videos created by google Bard and nvidia Omniverse ACE

• The end is nigh.

• Will Bard be as good as GPT with coding stuff? We'll see...

• @farsighter said:
    Will Bard be as good as GPT with coding stuff? We'll see...

Wait for it to crawl all stackoverflow. It will be one the same level as you and me.

• How long before it gets abandoned ?

• @miau said:
    How long before it gets abandoned ?

Sixtynine months

• Bard sounds like a terrible name.

I just recently watched this video from computerphile which was pretty interesting regarding chatgpt