Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in Singapore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in Singapore

Hello,

I am looking for VPS in Singapore region that offers unmetered (no Fair Usage Policy) at least 1 Gbps speed, this is for high bandwidth usage for tunneling. It has to be in Singapore, can't be other part of South East Asia.

Most big player comes with bandwidth limit such as 1TB

Please let me know which VPS hosting can offer based on my needs.

Thank you

Comments

• Willing to pay premium?

• Go to OVH

COMFORT

24 months commitment (-15%)

US$27.30
    US$23.20
    ex. GST/month
    Order now
    4 vCore
    8 GB
    160 GB SSD NVMe
    1 Gbps unmetered*

• ccmksccmks Member
    edited February 2023

@blackeye said:
    Go to OVH

COMFORT

24 months commitment (-15%)

US$27.30
    US$23.20
    ex. GST/month
    Order now
    4 vCore
    8 GB
    160 GB SSD NVMe
    1 Gbps unmetered*

OVH has fair usage policy on unmetered. I think about 3TB if you check their asterisk note, after that the speed will be reduced to 10 Mbps. That is not working for me

• @TrK said:
    Willing to pay premium?

How much is the premium?

• @ccmks said:

@TrK said:
    Willing to pay premium?

How much is the premium?

Prolly $$$ for truly unmetered.

• @TrK said:

@ccmks said:

@TrK said:
    Willing to pay premium?

How much is the premium?

I think you meant dedicated and guaranteed bandwidth, as of now, I don't mind using shared bandwidth. As the business grows, the dedicated and guaranteed bandwidth might be the options, but not for now

• @ccmks said:

@TrK said:

@ccmks said:

@TrK said:
    Willing to pay premium?

How much is the premium?

I think you meant dedicated and guaranteed bandwidth, as of now, I don't mind using shared bandwidth. As the business grows, the dedicated and guaranteed bandwidth might be the options, but not for now

The port might be shared, i mean asian bandwidth is truly costly and the reason no one gives unmetered for cheap, or just go with the big clouds with their payg offerings.

The others i could find which does says unmetered are just either have fair share policy or some other type of limiter, although you can try melbicom as they might really do unmetered as per @Advin and if you are looking something premium with limited bandwidth you can try with @speedypage, there is also hosthatch with really cheap offers.

• I would look at melbicom. I have a vps in their Frankfurt location. I'm using over 5tb of bw and the speeds are over 1gbit

• I am currently using that one right now, but I am looking for different alternative as BlueVPS is based on OVH datacenter. Since I will be using for tunneling, some hosting is blocking from OVH datacenter. I am pretty sure the same treatment goes for Azure, GCP, AWS, DO, Linode, Vultr, etc

• @concept said:
    I would look at melbicom. I have a vps in their Frankfurt location. I'm using over 5tb of bw and the speeds are over 1gbit

That's good to know, I will try that.

I could easily go over 30TB in one month. I checked their terms, they only guarantee 100 Mbps for VPS

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Have a look at GreencloudVPS / @NDTN. I just benchmarked one of their SGP VPS and found their connectivity really good and they seem to have both E5v4 and Ryzen VPS available in Singapore, even a 10 Gb/s one.

• @jsg said:
    Have a look at GreencloudVPS / @NDTN. I just benchmarked one of their SGP VPS and found their connectivity really good and they seem to have both E5v4 and Ryzen VPS available in Singapore, even a 10 Gb/s one.

I have looked into, they have metered bandwidth. I am looking something that is unmetered.

Thanks for the suggestion tho

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited February 2023

Contabo has SGP w/ 32TB bw(basically a 100Mbps 95th).
    But the quality is ass.

• @treesmokah said:
    But the quality is ass.

If you read the asterisk/foot note, you will see that if you keep using speed above 100 Mbps for over 10 days, they will throttle it down to 100 Mbps.

Contabo also charge additional for Asia region.

• @ccmks said:

@treesmokah said:
    But the quality is ass.

If you read the asterisk/foot note, you will see that if you keep using speed above 100 Mbps for over 10 days, they will throttle it down to 100 Mbps.

Contabo also charge additional for Asia region.

what is your budget?
    Getting "unmetered" bandwidth, especially at 1Gbps link wont be cheap.

• I think fdcservers have it. Unmeter bandwidth on 1GBps dedicated port and cheapest is impossible, forget it if you want to got miracle

• Melbicom and BlueVPS are fit on the budget. They offer 1Gbps unmetered, although the speed is shared which is fine. I am not looking for guaranteed 1Gbps or dedicated 1Gbps as I am fully aware that those won't be cheap.

I want to see if there is different option out there that can offer similar to BlueVPS and Melbicom. I just want to have alternative and options for my particular needs.

• There is also ITLDC. But I would still recommend Melbicom.

• greencloudvps ovh