Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Storage Box Upload Speed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Storage Box Upload Speed

Hi,

I have just ordered a Storage Box for backup of my backups, but I'm getting an extremely slow upload speed, max 600 KiB/s.

Is this normal?

I'm using 1 GB/s upload and 1 GB/s download internet connection btw.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24

Comments

• @Chalipa said:
    Hi,

I have just ordered a Storage Box for backup of my backups, but I'm getting an extremely slow upload speed, max 600 KiB/s.

Is this normal?

I'm using 1 GB/s upload and 1 GB/s download internet connection btw.

Where are you located compared to the box? Might be worth doing a test from another location(/vps) somewhere if possible - otherwise contact them, they've been helpful in the past when I've reported similar.

Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • I'm in Europe, very close to where it's hosted.

What's the best option to reach their support? Robot console?

• @Chalipa said:
    I'm in Europe, very close to where it's hosted.

Yea, Support > Product and under product type storage box is listed

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @Chalipa said:
    I'm in Europe, very close to where it's hosted.

As @Zyra said - yes. They can be pretty good at attempting to debug things via ticket for you. I never had the best speeds with them, but definitely better than 600K!

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

We have a few clients who came to us because they were complaining about Hetzner Storage box speeds. I don't know if their location matters but the fact is that they had complaints as you have.

• That is why I gave them up. My backups took like forever to complete.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • Storage boxes are funny, I can get full gigabit both ways if I access them from a Hetzner Cloud VM in the same region but theyre painfully slow most other places, even within Europe.

Thanked by 2NetDynamics24 smizz