Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FBI Launches Investigation into EPIK - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FBI Launches Investigation into EPIK

2»

Comments

• Thanked by 2TimboJones mrTom
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@trycatchthis said: In this thread it was already asked if Epik is hosting Nazi websites. That is not something that is illegal in the US. During the cold war communist backed organizations like the ADL would defend Nazis even though they hated them because they wanted the free speech argument to apply to Communists too.

I have never read about the ADL defending Nazi web sites. I recall the ACLU doing this, but not the ADL. In fact, I think the ADL was involved in the Skokie fight, taking the non-free-speech position. Citation for your claim? I would love to read it.

@trycatchthis said: Its concerning to me that so many people are moving away from free speech as a virtue enshrined in law

Free speech is not a "virtue" and the law is not a shrine.

Who are these people moving away from free speech? Seems to me we've been running as fast as possible in the opposite direction for my entire life. Today, people have the freedom to say whatever they want on a global platform that 7 billion+ people can read and people are still whining about free speech.

You seem to be suggesting that the FBI began investigating Epik because Epik is hosting some nazi web sites...?

Thanked by 2Mumbly Maounique
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

@raindog308 said: I think the ADL was involved in the Skokie fight, taking the non-free-speech position.

ADL has been always fighting for their "own good". They want ordinary people to die.
    They do not care about free speech, all they care about is jewish narrative.
    They will attempt to destroy anyone who they don't like - like they attempted with Kiwifarms even tho its not even a "jew hating forum" or whatever.

Restricting speech and doing other insane things won't make people "hate jews less", it will do the exact opposite. If you want to combat the "hate", educate people and not push your fucking insane narratives down their throat.

Oy vey, "Anti Defamation" yet they have a habit of defaming people with no evidence what so ever. These people are above the law sadly, I would love to see someone suing them to shit.

Allowing ADL to do whatever they want is a double edged sword, these people are insane and want to turn simple things like numbers or common words in to "hate symbols against jews". If what I'm saying sounds like a bullshit to you, go to their website and see for yourself what do they list as "hate symbols".

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Yeah, @treesmokah I am not endorsing the ADL in any way.

@trycatchthis claimed they were defending Nazi web sites which I find surprising and unlikely.

• @MannDude said:
    It's not really slander. There is a giant thread about this on namepros from impacted customers: https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-fund-cant-be-withdrawal-from-epik-com-via-masterbucks-wallet.1284050/

Wanted to post it but didn't know where to find it. Hope to get some clarifications from epik, sometimes feel that they aren't open, their ns went down a couple of days and I still after a week didn't get my .nl domain because they are having issues with it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MannDude said: Customers unable to cash out for months, conflicting information provided as to why, etc. Many owed thousands, some owed tens of thousands.

You missed the person missing $100k+ and the other missing $1.7M.

These aren't small amounts that they did escrow on, even though they aren't licensed for such. In the eyes of the law they laundered money.

Francisco

Thanked by 2MannDude kait
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@MannDude said: Customers unable to cash out for months, conflicting information provided as to why, etc. Many owed thousands, some owed tens of thousands.

These aren't small amounts that they did escrow on, even though they aren't licensed for such. In the eyes of the law they laundered money.

Francisco

Not to mention, that their are claims in that namepros thread that the escrow funds weren't even held in a separate account. It sounds as if "company money" and "escrow money" were one in the same, as far as money in the bank goes. If that is true, then shit gets really messy.

@MannDude said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Not to mention, that their are claims in that namepros thread that the escrow funds weren't even held in a separate account. It sounds as if "company money" and "escrow money" were one in the same, as far as money in the bank goes. If that is true, then shit gets really messy.

Yep, dudes totally fucked on this.

Francisco

@MannDude said: Not to mention, that their are claims in that namepros thread that the escrow funds weren't even held in a separate account. It sounds as if "company money" and "escrow money" were one in the same, as far as money in the bank goes. If that is true, then shit gets really messy.

The fuckin' guys been paying people in IOU's too:

This is some GVH level shit right here.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Francisco said:

@MannDude said: Not to mention, that their are claims in that namepros thread that the escrow funds weren't even held in a separate account. It sounds as if "company money" and "escrow money" were one in the same, as far as money in the bank goes. If that is true, then shit gets really messy.

The fuckin' guys been paying people in IOU's too:

This is some GVH level shit right here.

Francisco

Lol. Paying staff in MasterBucks?

Jfc

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@jsg said: Murrica

Well, nothing compared to the FSB, I am sure.

Look, I am an extremist free speech advocate, even hate speech, we are all adults and can draw own conclusions, but I very much doubt this has anything to do with it.

EDIT: bah, I agree with Francisco, the end is nigh.

• @raindog308 said:
    I have never read about the ADL defending Nazi[s].

You may be right about that and I may be wrong. I'm not able to find a reference in the min or so I'm willing to invest in googling it so just assume i'm wrong. I may have confused the ADL with ACLU.

In my cold war reading many of these such groups were founded or infiltrated by communists.

Sorry for any confusion.

• @terrahost out of curiosity. Thoughts and opinions on this?