Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The issue of making money with a VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The issue of making money with a VPS

I would like to discuss a question about making money with a VPS server, for example: when I purchase a VPS, the price is $6 per month, so I should at least get a return over $6, right?

So, how can I make money from my VPS? Currently, I know that I can create a blog and add Google ads, but the commission from ads is not very ideal and cannot cover the cost of the VPS. Do any of you have any new ideas? Thank you very much.

Comments

• Offer shell accounts for $2/year

• Peer2profit & Traffmonetizer

Thanked by 1comord
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Use your VPS to learn how to do something useful.

Turn that usefulness into a job.

• neohneoh Member
    edited February 2023

@comord said: the commission from ads is not very ideal and cannot cover the cost of the VPS

Who decided that? Take a look at the right side.

• If you ask this question, you do not need a VPS. VPS is just a tool.

Usually, people realize that they need to buy something, then buy this, and not vice versa.

• We usually buy VPSes and keep those idle until next renewal. Some people just throw it to Service Transfers.

VPS is costing you money, not money generator.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @comord said:
    I should at least get a return over $6, right?

Who said so?

Thanked by 1martheen
  • hostikohostiko Member, Host Rep

@danielyi said:
    Peer2profit & Traffmonetizer

It is so annoying to see customers that order tens of cheapest VPS to run this crap

• You can look for services that require VPS, then sell those services, for example website design, sftp server, web api, custom applications, etc.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

Start a proxy/VPN business.

Or just resell your VPS to someone from Turkmenistan.

• @comord said:
    I would like to discuss a question about making money with a VPS server, for example: when I purchase a VPS, the price is $6 per month, so I should at least get a return over $6, right?

Wrong. You should get $7

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@MannDude said:
    Use your VPS to learn how to do something useful.

Turn that usefulness into a job.

This.

Bring value to people and eventually you'll be making money too.

• edited February 2023

@comord said:
    but the commission from ads is not very ideal and cannot cover the cost of the VPS

It can, if you are very lucky, have great content that attracts a large audience, that audience find the ads relevant and click on them… Few are in that position though.

If making money is your goal you seem to be thinking backwards about it. Instead of “I've bought/rented this resource, now how do I make more money from it that it is costing me?” you need to first plan a way to try make money then buy/rent the resources needed to enact that plan. Renting a VPS can't magically make you better off.

Thanked by 2Liso tototo
  • idle the vps.

• Make money by cancelling it

• i have no issue if the vps is going to make me money.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I buy VPS for push-ups, which grows the muscles.
    Then I sell the mussels at the market, which earns the money.

• @yoursunny said:
    I buy VPS for push-ups, which grows the muscles.
    Then I sell the mussels at the market, which earns the money.

The old switcharoo.

• I am running something on a VPS ($10/yr) and my friends can use it. Often they give me something.

• sell drugs !